Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks UB Dart et Ted et El Bunyip02 for commenting on that work. T'was fun.

Diomede said:

Old content with old textures.  Was discussing content sources in another thread.  This cow and mantis were from the old ContentParadise site for Poser content.  Pine trees are default from the Carrara native content.  Grass is MMoir's repligrass.  

that's a scene from a pupeteer horror story :)

Stezza said:

added a hill and some steps smiley

love the composition and the muted colour scheme!

Oh no! This just in:

Project Xion City is in Imminent Danger! I repeat: Imminent Danger! Project Xion City is Under Atta....

EDIT: Aside from running the frames through DAIN to turn it into a GIF, this is straight from Carrara

terrific sense of atmosphere  Dart  - looking forwarf to the sound effects :)

Carrara native engine video

G8M (Misty Carraractor), V4 and M4

ah Wendy, that;'s enough to have Mozart rolling in his grave :) (or who ever wrote it - 

edited October 2020

ah Wendy, that;'s enough to have Mozart rolling in his grave :) (or who ever wrote it - 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited October 2020

testing IL one more time

30.jpg
    2400 x 1350 - 734K
    Post edited by magaremoto on
    edited October 2020

starting to look pretty real there @margaremoto

I

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224
    edited October 2020
    Diomede said:

Old content with old textures.  Was discussing content sources in another thread.  This cow and mantis were from the old ContentParadise site for Poser content.  Pine trees are default from the Carrara native content.  Grass is MMoir's repligrass.  

Fun!!! I was just delving through my own memory lane! I've also been buying (or getting for free with PC+ coupons) older Generation 3 and 4 content that I remember drooling over when I was first getting into all of this. It's truly amazing how well auto-fit works on Genesis with the Daz 3D generation clones! 

Rosie 5 is a vast difference from any supported Genesis 1 shape. A lot of Genesis clothing loads kinda funny on her. Aiko 3, Michael 3, Freak, etc.,... these things just Fit!!! :)

So to help peruse through some nostalgic Carrara moments, I open either DIM and sort by Order Date, Oldest first, or enter my Daz 3D account and start at the last page and work forwards.

Just starting with clothing, I didn't get very far! LOL Here's a little peek into the beginnings of it all. Once I get to environments, vehicles, creatures, etc., it'll Really get Fun!!!

Um... Wow. I haven't visited this since I started it. Got further than I thought!

PC+ Cloth Frenzy

I know it wasn't called PC+ then, but  yearly Platinum Club was an early purchase for me and it really helped me acquire the stuff I needed - and it's still doing it very well!

If I had a nice pile of cash, it would save me a Lot more, but even just grabbing free inexpensive stuff with the $6 coupon and then the awesome free stuff they give away, PC+ is really cheap for what we get!

I don't get much internet time, but I still try to log on long enough to toss some freebies into my cart and clean up on a sale occasionally... That's fun too! :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

My little write-up on Rosie new hair is in the Art Zone thread here

I'm so excited about this hair that I had to grab a render before I run the full animation queue. But what I forgot to mention there is that I also (finally) dug deep inside her Genesis face to alter the mesh of the inner mouth and gums, so now she has full use of any expression without those pink meshes poking out of her tiny jaw! :)

Plenty more upgrades. She's really becoming quite a thing!

Wow. The refraction really work in those eyes of hers, eh? 

I'm really Really hoping that the simul;ation turns out! Sure, it means that I have to rework all of my work with new hair simulations, but that's a labor of love!!! :)

Wow. The refraction really work in those eyes of hers, eh? 

I'm really Really hoping that the simul;ation turns out! Sure, it means that I have to rework all of my work with new hair simulations, but that's a labor of love!!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

she looks awesome of course, looking forward to the animation yes

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

I need to swot up on VWD, thanks for the tut on your site, Dart!!  yes Silene

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695

My little write-up on Rosie new hair is in the Art Zone thread here

I'm so excited about this hair that I had to grab a render before I run the full animation queue. But what I forgot to mention there is that I also (finally) dug deep inside her Genesis face to alter the mesh of the inner mouth and gums, so now she has full use of any expression without those pink meshes poking out of her tiny jaw! :)

Plenty more upgrades. She's really becoming quite a thing!

Lookin good !!!

Thanks you two! I was working on animations in my new DM's Occultum that I finally got (Thanks PC+ and DM!!! heart) and was trying like a dickens to get the hair to stop glowing from all the fire I have in the scene. It was wrecking the whole thing.

I messed with the lights over and over... lost sleep over it. It drove me Bats!

Turned out to be the hair shaders.

"Okay, that's it!", I said to myself. I've been wanting to up-the-game with Rosie's hair from the start. The versions I've been using were supposed to just be a testbed to get curly long hair working without the jittering problems I was having in the past - more on that in a second.

At that point (last version) I was using eight layers of dynamic hair. It's nice having different lengths simulate using different force settings.

This new version has the number of hairs cranked up a lot and added a lot more curl, both of which add a lot more depth distance in all directions. So I cranked up the length variation setting and am going to try letting the shaders do the heavy lifting in that regard. 

Back into ther hair room, I reworked each layer and determined that I don't need or want this layer. Not this one either... I kind of started over and only used what I need. That truned out to be a blessing.

I started messing with the shader and was really liking how things were turning out. There was something about a really old version of dynamic hair that I remembered really liking. So I pulled out that old shader (so glad I save everything!) and applied it to one of the layers. Hmmm... that looks pretty cool. I always intended to make a separate hair shader for the really long layer so that I could add more frequency scaling to the curls since the hair is so much longer. 

So I set out to make four entirely new shaders - one for each layer. I made each to have their own separate color and highlight settings along with curl settings. It resulted in a really nice blend, I think. 

I also maxxed out the hair's render quality settings for each layer. It might take a little longer to render, but I'm fine with that. I get a lot less time working at my computer animating than I'd like, so I can use that time to render while I'm away - and my poor Ryzen 7 just doesn't seem to mind running wide open for days on end with its stock WraithSpire cooler! Always nice and cool even after hours on end with all 16 threads pegged to the max! 

Argh! Bummer. Jitteries are back! :(

But this is good. I'll work those shaders backward now, testing simulated animations as I go to get this working.  The tighter curls are more like the real Rosie, but it looks cool when they're relaxed a bit too.

• therixxtherixx Posts: 91
    edited November 2020

Supernatural ImmunitySupernatural Immunity.

(don't try this at home)

Happy Halloween, Carrarists! :-)

Halloween2020-1024x640.jpg
    1024 x 640 - 103K
    Post edited by therixx on

Very cool!

edited November 2020

two more shots, same lighting

funny to play around with carrara off and on :)

110.jpg
    2800 x 1575 - 2M
    37.jpg
    2800 x 1575 - 1M
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801
    edited November 2020

smiley

forum still works after the update cool

NoMoCut.jpg
    900 x 675 - 738K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Magaremoto, that looks Superb! Glad to see you playing in Carrara!!! :)

Stezza, I thought for sure that Yosemite might have made minced meat out of it! :D

edited November 2020

bwahahaha  devil

Eggcellent.png
    800 x 600 - 333K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Man, he emotes well! Bravo! Love the humor too!

edited November 2020

Misty's Veronica WR8TH preset stars as Alita Battle Angel using Marcius' awesome Syph

Instead of using the geoshell suit, I used Hower to create the blend control shaders to mix the skin and the suit together.

...and it's 3D Universe's Ranger Hair for V4, but I modded it a bit in Carrara

Alita 8 SC01H.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 961K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited November 2020

thx Head wax and DB, always appreciated

lurking this site very often lately :)

another try with, guess what...Heads (IL on)

604.jpg
    2800 x 3123 - 2M

Wonderful render but Yikes, is that ever creepy!!! :0

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Misty's Veronica WR8TH preset stars as Alita Battle Angel using Marcius' awesome Syph

Instead of using the geoshell suit, I used Hower to create the blend control shaders to mix the skin and the suit together.

...and it's 3D Universe's Ranger Hair for V4, but I modded it a bit in Carrara

Striking similarity, nice render!

Thanks V! :)

just posted a 2020 video of using Carrara smiley

So Cool! Woah... Xerr with a Ray Gun!!! yes

I Love It!!! Love your Wonderful Art!!!