j.cade is Back! And brought the adorable Bette!

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    barbult said:

I made a little very short Filament animation with Bette. I put it in my Dropbox. Can you see it?

I see it - Very cute! :D I like that smile at the end. :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    3Diva said:
    barbult said:

I made a little very short Filament animation with Bette. I put it in my Dropbox. Can you see it?

I see it - Very cute! :D I like that smile at the end. :)

Thanks for checking it out. Bette is a cutie.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    barbult said:

Thats Amazing! :) 

Also great filament still render too! Theoretically I should actually try experimenting with filament. 

• Another Bette portrait. I love this character!

Another Bette portrait. I love this character!

Great colors! She looks wonderful.

j cade said:
    barbult said:

Thats Amazing! :) 

Also great filament still render too! Theoretically I should actually try experimenting with filament. 

I'm glad you were pleased! When you start to experiment with Filament, watch the Kindred Arts video and read Mec4D's tutorial thread. One great tip I got from her was to set the ISO in the Filament Draw Options to 0.56, to better control the light level. With default settings, Filament will draw things much lighter than they would be rendered with Iray. So, change that Filament ISO and avoid having to tweak many materials.

edited November 2020

Here is an Iray render of Bette beefed up with some Big Girl Morphs. 

Bette Summer Hil Carousel Iray_2.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Just got her with the Black Friday Sale. Nice character.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,313
    edited November 2020

I found this thread and it reminded me that I had this character and was eager to test her out. Below is a first render, another cookin' right now. She is AWESOME and her mix-in makes so many other characters AWESOMER - in this case Bette and Eva8!  I always love it when a character has waayyy more value than the price of just one character, or one render.  Bette will be infecting many, many characters in my renders!

And that hair is actually Haydina AND Karla together with a little Photoshoppery, especially on the top of the head, and as (almost always) with hair color by ChevyBabe25's Backlight Hair Shaders.

FS_Bette_Eva8_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 163K
    Post edited by Gogger on
    Gogger, now you make me want Eva 8!
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,313
    barbult said:

I mixed Bette 50% and Alawa 50% and let the randomizer throw in a few other things.

(Yes, I know, the dForce on this dress is poor.)

@barbult - This image made me drop everything else I was doing and get started with Bette!  Really nicely done, ma'am!

Tip: Bette comes with a cleavage fixer morph to improve the fit of clothing in the breast area. Sometimes I forget to use it. But when I remember, it works very well.

edited January 2021

I made Little Bette with Growing Up and some extra morph thrown in.

G8F Little Bette_PLem.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 995K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

@barbult DAW! That's too cute! :)

• basic Bette with another skin  cant rem which as doing another render lol  hope you all like  :)

edited February 2021

This is 50% Bette and 50% Amira with Bast Hair.

G8F Bette 50 Amira 50 Bast hair_003.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 2M
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited February 2021

I mixed and match Bette, not sure what characters I mixed and matched with Bette, but I love the result.

Bette is so cute.

Mystery.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 760K
    Post edited by Petra on
    edited February 2021

Today is Bette day! Here is another mix, this time with Rynne. I had to reduce the size of the eyes, because combining two characters with big eyes made HUGE eyes. This is purple Bette.

Bette Mix EGF Hair PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited February 2021

Just dropping out of the ether to say all these renders are so lovely! 

also I didn't lie when I said there is a male counterpart

he's 95% done (and has been for weeks but lets not get into my terrible time management)

I just need to render thumbnails and fix the texturing on his toes

Hal Pirate final.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 753K
    Post edited by j cade on

We'll be watching for him.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Most definitely watching for him. He looks great!

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554
    edited February 2021

He looks great! Here's Bette in a vintage style with my Dotify shaders on figure and hair:

bette-edit.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 328K
    Post edited by Silas3D on
    edited May 2021

Bette goes swimming in a local stream.

Bette goes swimming.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

Why do I get this warning message in the Daz Studio log file?

2021-06-01 23:59:28.632 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Littlefox/Posey/FHM-LLF-PoseyHead.dsf#FHM-LLF-PoseyHead?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/j.cade/Bette/MCM_Bette_Posey.dsf

edited January 2022

This is 50% Bette and 50% Kanade 8. I made the simple dress and apron in Marvelous Designer 11.

edited July 2022

50% Bette and 50% Sisi. I like mixing characters. Bette is a great additive.

Sisi 50 Bette 50_004_Camera Close.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Sisi 50 Bette 50_004_Camera (2).jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    barbult said:

This is really cute

ALLIEKATBLUE said:

barbult said:

This is really cute

Thanks for looking and the nice comment.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 919

barbult, did you find out why you get the log error message you were referencing in your message above form June 2021?

nabob21 said:

barbult, did you find out why you get the log error message you were referencing in your message above form June 2021?

No. It is a warning, not an error, for whatever that is worth. I think it might be because I don't own Posey and an MCM was included in Bette for use with Posey. But that is just a guess. I never got a response here.