Daz Animating/UE4 pipeline

Hey, guys. I'm new to Daz, but am absolutely smitten with the quality of the models and people's creations. I've done 3d rendering before with Poser and Blender. I was curious, as I was wanting to get into animating; from what I understand by browsing forums, Daz is not very Animator friendly. What is meant by this? I mean, are the keyframing and g aoh editors not up to snuff? If that is the case, has anyone any experience with the DAZ to UE4 pipeline? When I import a character, what am I to expect armature and IK and texture/mesh/UV/normals wise? Will I be doing a copious amounts of work to get a DAZ model in UE4 to work or are they 80%+ ready to go off the top? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Animating in Daz Studio is a struggle for many reasons. Some of the issues mentioned in the forum I have yet to encounter, but in my experience the Timeline is very buggy and will drop morph keyframes after you Save/Close/Reopen a file. You end up losing hours of work and the motivation to continue. There's also an issue I've encountered using Animate2 - after loading and editing an Aniblock, a character will seem to have feet that are properly animated/anchored with relation to the floor, but when you Save/Close/Reopen your file the feet are floating all over the place.

I'm sure others in the community will be happy to share their frustrations more articulately and in greater detail than I can manage.

• Animating in Daz Studio is a struggle for many reasons. Some of the issues mentioned in the forum I have yet to encounter, but in my experience the Timeline is very buggy and will drop morph keyframes after you Save/Close/Reopen a file. You end up losing hours of work and the motivation to continue. There's also an issue I've encountered using Animate2 - after loading and editing an Aniblock, a character will seem to have feet that are properly animated/anchored with relation to the floor, but when you Save/Close/Reopen your file the feet are floating all over the place.

I'm sure others in the community will be happy to share their frustrations more articulately and in greater detail than I can manage.

This is a known issue, saving a preset is a workaround for now and the change log shows a fix in a recent build so with luck there will be an updated version of DS presently.

This is a known issue, saving a preset is a workaround for now and the change log shows a fix in a recent build so with luck there will be an updated version of DS presently.

Thanks for the workaround. By "save a preset", you mean Save As > Properties Preset?

Thanks for the workaround. By "save a preset", you mean Save As > Properties Preset?

or Pose preset or Shaping preset, depending what you needed.