Rtx 3080 pc build for £1500...is it possible?

2»

Comments

• nicstt said:

just done a quick render... i used Cyd hair which comes in low medium and high resolution, my laptop can't even handle the high res in fact to freezes up for about half hour then crashes and even at medium res it freezes for about 20 mins then when it finally comes round it done less iterations than minutes.

With this new setup it raced to over 1000 iterations in 8mins at high res and 1800x2400 pixels... however i did check task manager expecting to see my gpu hard at work only to find it was my cpu that was 100% and gpu about 5%?

Also how come i can still navigate around my OS lightning fast when the CPU is max'd out?

Btw, don't use iterations as a judge of when a render is done.

... Use the eyeball; if it looks done, then it is.

i was aware of that... still its nice to have a machine that blazes through 1000's in minutes (on the simple scenes i'm hard wired to do).

On my first render i hadn't worked out how to use just the GPU but the CPU made very light work of it anyways! (again on simple one figure portraits)

i doubt that when i upgrade to the 30XX series cards it will be as big as a performance gain as this time round!