Search filters - by folder, filtered content type?

I have been using DAZ Studio for a while, and I find that the Smart Content panel does not work well for me. I mostly use the content panel. I find the search results in the panel fairly unhelpful though. but I wonder if I am maybe missing something.

Is there a way to get the search in the content panel to only search in the current directory and its subdirectories?

Also, is there a way to filter the results to just a specific content type? I usually know exactly which type I am looking for, and generally I get a gazillion hit on something that is not the type I want, and then finding the item I need is painful.

Thanks! 

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

+1

With proper search functions, there would be no need for the database or "smart" content.

• PerttiA said:

+1

With proper search functions, there would be no need for the database or "smart" content.

A comprehensive search system would need more than just file names, and being able to filter by compatibility is clearly desirable - how, in principle, would that differ from the Content Management System?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The filter for content type sub-pane is closed by default -- click on the center of the line below the search box to open it.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,163
    PerttiA said:

+1

I would still use Smart Content no matter how much the search function improved. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479
    PerttiA said:

+1

A comprehensive search system would need more than just file names, and being able to filter by compatibility is clearly desirable - how, in principle, would that differ from the Content Management System?

The folder structure takes care of the compatibility already, it would be quite enough to have search this folder and subfolders by name.

• The filter for content type sub-pane is closed by default -- click on the center of the line below the search box to open it.

@Fixmypcmike thanks i have seen that. This panel, as is, however, does not work for me, because of the options it offers: For DAZ formats, there are only the options 

• Scenes 
    • Scripts

That is not really useful. I'd like the same options that are greyed out in the poser formats box for all files.

The search results already show badges on the icons for the different DAZ file types - like material, prop, etc. It seems it should not be too hard to be able to filter for these? It would make the content panel search a whole lot easier for me. 

Dazfilters.png
    421 x 138 - 9K
  • PerttiA said:

+1

@Richard Hazeltine I am not asking for a full content management system. I personally literally want two concrete enhancements to the content panel search, which both should be pretty simpkle:

• The ability to filter the results by type - e.g. just show me material, lights, figures, props - basically the information already shown in the badges of the icons, so apparently already available from the files
    • The ability to search starting at a particular directory. I know I only want to search for example in my G8F folder - don't need noise from other folders

Again, the reason why the CMS is not enough is that I have content that does not come with CMS information.

• PerttiA said:

+1

@Richard Hazeltine I am not asking for a full content management system. I personally literally want two concrete enhancements to the content panel search, which both should be pretty simpkle:

• The ability to filter the results by type - e.g. just show me material, lights, figures, props - basically the information already shown in the badges of the icons, so apparently already available from the files

No, that comes from the Content Management System

• The ability to search starting at a particular directory. I know I only want to search for example in my G8F folder - don't need noise from other folders

Again, the reason why the CMS is not enough is that I have content that does not come with CMS information.