Sukai 8

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

I’m still getting linked to yesterday’s sale. I clicked @doubledeviant’s link above to see it. I am not impressed at all. The outfits are very plain, very little detail modeled in and textures are included in the bundle and I normally never get textures. I thought I would like an anime superhero bundle but this definitely did not live up to my expectations. Pass. 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

yes, still showing yesterday's promo on the store page here - I had to get to it by the clinking on the link in the "new daz promo" email I get from using the browser add on script from ati and overdrawn. It is usually the ONLY way I get to see the new sale promo for the first two hours of each day's sale as it doesn't update for me on the store. 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,045
    edited September 2020
    $56.33 with 20% discount from the purple banner plus the discount from adding the two cheaper add-ons. A bit more if the other add-on is preferred instead (or in addition).

The characters are nice, but the outfits aren't really blowing me away. It's not that they're bad - just that at a glance they don't seem too much different from what had already been available.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • What is the promo outfit?  I don't see it in the bundle or the add-ons, it's super cute

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited September 2020

lol, i really feel its funny when the character promo images show him wearing "better outfits" than his "bundle"

https://www.daz3d.com/sukai-8

serious anyone know what is this outfit????

or this one??

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Finally have the promo page. Skipping the bundle but definitely doing the fast grab deal. Yay, the piglet is in it! laugh

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,636
    edited September 2020

Couple of quick renders with Sukai 8 - Base character - first is just HDRI and the 2nd was denoised as it was otherwise going to take ages.

Sukai Test.jpg
    896 x 1200 - 347K
    Sukai Running 01 Denoised.jpg
    900 x 1600 - 330K
    Post edited by Silent Winter on

What's she wearing in this one? 

Couple of quick renders with Sukai 8 - Base character - first is just HDRI and the 2nd was denoised as it was otherwise going to take ages.

• jakiblue said:

https://www.daz3d.com/agate-noir-for-genesis-8-females

One of my favorite outfits sold on Daz. :)
  • aaaaand the winner is, a Thorne made japanese superheroette...

Thing #1 I do not have on my "needed things" list laugh

+1

oh wow! i did NOT pick that at all! I've passed that outfit over so many times cos the main promo never grabbed me at all - looking at it now properly, plus the add on textures, plus your image...well, I think I'll be buying that today! 

jakiblue said:

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    Wow. Even with the banner, it's still a little steep.

Pass.

The character is a bit young for my taste & not something I don't already have. The costumes are ok, but nothing I don't already have.

What's going on with the add-ons? I only see THREE! In order to use the banner, I have to buy TWO add-ons.
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited September 2020

There's a reason why Thorne dolls have a long-standing following. This is a very cute one. And not pretending to be a teen this time. Good.

Mada's bodysuit is very nice, but I don't do superheroes, and I don't need it. And I certainly don't need the rest of the outfits either.

The hair is also nice. I wish it had 3DL materials included. But quite a nice hair. The add-on characters are all quite pretty as well. But I have too many female characters. Pose sets are the typical filler. All in all, the bundle items are mostly okay for what they are, but by this time I have equivalent items, and am not tempted.

No bundle for me. Absolutely cannot justify the expense for a lot of stuff I know I'll never use. I probably will pick up the base, and maybe the hair. But with the bundle priced as it is there is absolutely no temptation to buy the whole package.

Post edited by JOdel on

that's what i thought! have to buy two, but they only offer three???? 

I do like devon's poses, but not really interested in the other two. Bit of a cheap shot there.  

tsarist said:

What's going on with the add-ons? I only see THREE! In order to use the banner, I have to buy TWO add-ons.

• jakiblue said:

oh wow! i did NOT pick that at all! I've passed that outfit over so many times cos the main promo never grabbed me at all - looking at it now properly, plus the add on textures, plus your image...well, I think I'll be buying that today! 

jakiblue said:

The renders above are from Silent Winter. I answered because I recognized the outfit immediately.

But yes, the outfit is fantastic, and Silent Winter's render makes great use of it!

The more I look at the Heartbreaker Outfit, the more interested I am. It has 'pressure morphs' for the shorts, top, boots and gloves which is brilliant, and it has the magic-y effects for the arms, plus the "magic eye" which I'm guessing is the glowy eye look?? Plus Jess and DE always have their shorts fitting perfectly in the crotch area and not distorting when legs are bent etc - unlike a couple of other outfits I've seen. The magic-y arm efffects and glowy eye can be used on so many other characters and i just LOVE the addition of pressure morphs (more skintight pants, shorts etc should come with them) I'm thinking I may pick up Devon's poses and this outfit only, and then hit that "make your own fast grab" sale. 

ooops apologies @SilentWinter! I totally did not look at who replied to me - thought it was you! :)

Thanks doubledeviant for identifying the outfit :) 

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

The renders above are from Silent Winter. I answered because I recognized the outfit immediately.

But yes, the outfit is fantastic, and Silent Winter's render makes great use of it!

• Ellessarr said:

lol, i really feel its funny when the character promo images show him wearing "better outfits" than his "bundle"

or this one??

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-death-strike-outfit-poses-and-battleaxe-for-genesis-8-females

still trying to figure out this outfit tho...I feel I've seen that cape before.... 

Ellessarr said:

or this one??

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited September 2020

Reposted the answer below. The forum decided to have an absolute FIT with this one.

Post edited by Cora Regina on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,310

Anyone else think the base price of the bundle seems rather high? $190 instead of the usual $135 for a pro bundle. Yes it has 13 items rather then the normal 11, but basically you are paying $55 for an extra pose set, and an outfit texture.

Anyway super hero is not my chosen theme, so I am not that bothered.

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited September 2020
    Ellessarr said:

That's the Stargazer Outfit, I'm pretty certain. And the textures.

Plus a piece of something else I'm not so sure about, but it looks like mostly Stargazer.

Edit: Actually the "something else" looks like part of the Solaris Outfit.

Post edited by Cora Regina on
  • I probably will get this bundle anyhow but I wonder whether DAZ does stretch the whole thing a little too much recently:

1. Value
      I did a little comparison with the mother of all Pro Bundles, Vicky 8. The Vicky 8 Pro Bundle contains 12 items with their full price adding up to 269,40$ - the bundle is regularly priced 50% of this: 134,95$. Now with Sukai 8 the Super Hero Bundle contains 13 items with their full price adding up to 272,35$. But instead of pricing it 136$ (approx. 50%) it is priced 190,95$ (70% for the sum of the included stuff). So apart from any discount or coupons this bundle is less value to start with.

2. Content
      Vicky 8 came with base + 2 figures, 2 hair, 5 clothing items. Sukai has only 1 hair, 3 clothing items. Instead it has "filler" items like 2 textures and 1 expressions reducing the value further.

3. Deal
      For extra discount one usually has a broad selection of addons to choose from, usually containing affordable textures and DAZ originals. Here it's only 3 items without DAZ originals.
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Damn me, more cute.

... She looks great though.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Sukai and the ONE (1) HAIR ITEM are cute as are the other characters, but the rest of the bundle is not for me, nor are the add-ons.

• jakiblue said:

ooops apologies @SilentWinter! I totally did not look at who replied to me - thought it was you! :)

Thanks doubledeviant for identifying the outfit :) 

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

lol, no worries - and yes, it's that outfit using the addon textures: https://www.daz3d.com/agate-noir-psyche

I somehow overlooked the outfit when it was first released but picked it up quite recently when it was on offer. It's PC+ (as is the texture addon) so it's great value :)

• 1gecko1gecko Posts: 307

Not a fan of the 'tween hero/heroine' anime look (or genre) - teens are super irritating and super foolish already without giving them super powers!

(and no, that is NOT just because I am 'old' - I thought that when I WAS a teen!!!)

• 1gecko said:

Not a fan of the 'tween hero/heroine' anime look (or genre) - teens are super irritating and super foolish already without giving them super powers!

(and no, that is NOT just because I am 'old' - I thought that when I WAS a teen!!!)

I am definitely in the minority thinking superpowers are just lazy storytelling and writing cheeky

not against gifts, mutations and especially technology enhanced abilities, heck I even go for magic if totally freeing oneself from the restraints of science and doing fantasy, just the whole super thing seems a bit overused and convenient,

don't get me started on flying capes ...

• The constant release of new big ass bundles feels off. I mean, these are big ticket items. I'm insanely grateful I'm not a completionist because I'd be poor by now with the rapid fire releases.