Not a fan of the new product library layout

Comments

• Novica said:

Are DIM orders still missing?  

I placed a big one a few hours ago and everything seems to be available in DIM, the one from the day before as well.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,824
    edited August 2020
    3Diva said:

Hmmm That's extremely strange. I've been purchasing here for several years now and have never had an order not now up in DIM until now. It's large order (over 100 products) and not one of the products from that order has shown up in DIM. I don't know whether to wait and hope the order shows up in DIM or put in a support ticket or what. 

Put in a support ticket. When this has happened with myself and other people on other orders, Daz CS had to go through and add the items manually. They may not know to do that with your order if you don't file a ticket. Especially since they're about to be horrifyingly busy with the PA sale and dealing with various sale issues.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    Novica said:

I placed a big one a few hours ago and everything seems to be available in DIM, the one from the day before as well.

Not working here.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,322
    Taoz said:
    Novica said:

Not working here.

My purchases from yesterday still aren't showing up. I wonder if this is some sort of attempt to push us into using central. I'm going to put in a ticket probably just returning the products and it will have to be someting I really really want to get me to spend anymore here.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Novica said:

Yes, unfortunately. There's a thread about it in "Technical Help": https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/432546/purchases-not-appearing-in-my-install-manager#latest

• Cora ReginaCora Regina Posts: 731
    edited August 2020

Taoz said:
    Novica said:

Not working here.

I wonder why mine arrived while so many other people's are missing completely. I didn't have 100+ or anything, but the two orders still totalled 65 products. I just checked again and everything I purchased during those orders but haven't downloaded yet showed up in the "ready..." tab without even a delay (which is unusual for me). Individual items, bundle formats, support files, the works. I also had no trouble logging in or downloading a couple dozen products or so around 03:32 EDT. I'm in the Midwest, in case region has anything to do with it for some reason.

I was really surprised to open DIM and find them there, honestly, since nearly everyone else seems to be having problems and I definitely did the last time things went screwy. I also haven't bought anything yet today, so I don't know if an order placed right now would get held up somewhere.

Post edited by Cora Regina on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited August 2020

That ticket I submitted a few days ago is still open.  Still waiting on those 'Feed the Bundle Ice Cream/Dinner' bundle items.

I sent my ticket to Sales Support of course, and the ticket also mentions my issue with the Product Library changes as I detailed before.

So not even a canned response on my end yet, let alone a resolution of my issue.  This does not instill confidence, just sayin...

I am hoping that Daz management is at least having a discussion about the wave of 'I'm not happy with the changes' tickets.  An official response would be nice, that is more than just the 'we've passed your concerns along'. response.  I'd like to know that Daz3D takes the concerns of it's customers seriously, and is interested in keeping their customer base happy, and isn't just taking us for granted.

The next step, as mentioned by others, if Daz3D is determined to continue down this path is to buy less here, which will impact the bottom line, but I am hoping that is will not come to that.  I'm not sure how many people would actually participate in that move, product boycotts in general don't seem to have a lot of impact.  I still have a fair bit of store credit banked, in anticipation of the PC+ anniversary, but once that store credit runs out, that's when I'll have to put up or shut up show to speak. 

I do hope that the PA's are screaming bloody murder behind the scenes right now.  We like buying stuff from you talented PA's, and a lot of us don't take the 'curtail our purchases in the future' statements lightly when we make them.

The other issues that people have reported in the last week are concerning as well.  I'm not using DIM to connect these days, I'm doing manual downloads, and the 'Littlefox + Arki + other stuff' order I placed yesterday seems to have manual download links at least, for the couple of Star! products I did download to test with G3F.  I'll probably download the rest of that order today or tomorrow, when I hit a suitable lull in my current art project.

So yeah, hopeful that this isn't falling on deaf ears and that the Daz management team will discuss this seriously at the office or via facetime or whatever this week, but we'll see.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    scorpio said:
    Taoz said:
    Novica said:

Not working here.

My purchases from yesterday still aren't showing up. I wonder if this is some sort of attempt to push us into using central. I'm going to put in a ticket probably just returning the products and it will have to be someting I really really want to get me to spend anymore here.

As much as I like your conspiration theory, as I don't like Daz Central either, but there are people complaining about purchases not showing up in Daz central ... the problem seems to be quite widespread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5966401/#Comment_5966401

• ImagineThatCGIImagineThatCGI Posts: 33
    edited August 2020

Hate the new product library listing format. Please keep your nag screen for DazCentral and give me back my product descriptions. Thank you.

Post edited by ImagineThatCGI on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,066
    edited August 2020
    Kerya said:
    scorpio said:
    Taoz said:
    Novica said:

Not working here.

As much as I like your conspiration theory, as I don't like Daz Central either, but there are people complaining about purchases not showing up in Daz central ... the problem seems to be quite widespread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5966401/#Comment_5966401

DazCentral uses the DIM core to download products, which means the same servers and product files. So the problems would indeed affect both.

Post edited by Leana on
  • billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited August 2020

Because oif this, I passed on some Aeon Soul Items I have wanted for a while yesterday (8/30/2020).  Between the short sited move by DAZ to remove needed informaiton from the product library and the apparent DIM issues, I will be passing on purchases for the time being.  I also sent a "Bad, I'm Unsatisfied" response to my caned reply email from DAZ on the product library issue and suggesty everyone else do the same.. 

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on
  • 3Diva said:
    3Diva said:
    3Diva said:

I put in for a refund for my entire order of old products bought tonight - not one single item appeared in my dim and from the looks of it the only options being offered to download is central and or manual zip both which don't use actually one is zip only though on their pages dim is listed

That's weird, the large purchase of older items I made a few hours ago are all showing up in DIM.

tried several times without any luck, not been having a lot of luck lately with purchases had a lot of stuff not showing up in right locations or missiing files or other problems these were new releases too but tonight bought bunch of pretty old I think content well other add on content poses I didn't get are from the Michael/Vicky 4 days

https://www.daz3d.com/the-village-blacksmith

https://www.daz3d.com/old-forge

https://www.daz3d.com/old-west-saloon

https://www.daz3d.com/the-old-west-saloon-interior

https://www.daz3d.com/old-west-undertakers-interior

https://www.daz3d.com/old-west-mercantile-interior

https://www.daz3d.com/old-west-sheriffs-office-interior

Did your products ever show up in DIM? I just made a purchase about 10 minutes ago and none of the purchased products from that lastest order are showing up in DIM for me.

sorry didn't get back to last time had render going and was late, got one going now too but just loaded dim up to check and nope still not showing checked my email no response and no messages here or refunds only got the stanard got my complaint letter letter recieved at 8.26pm Sunday night Australian time now is 4pm Monday so guessing it's late Sunday evening now there? Playing Devil's Advocate with the virusand everything else there maybe the staff aren't availible as much which might explain the problems been getting with a lot of new releases too 

Hmmm That's extremely strange. I've been purchasing here for several years now and have never had an order not now up in DIM until now. It's large order (over 100 products) and not one of the products from that order has shown up in DIM. I don't know whether to wait and hope the order shows up in DIM or put in a support ticket or what. 

we're not the only ones in a new thread titled - again - someone bought something today think new content and tried several times and nothing is showing up in their dim either

• Novica said:

yes so far me, 3Diva and another seen started a thread - again

• Im expecting this thread to be closed soon because we're complaining too much like many other threads and or some of us blocked with a temp ban

• That ticket I submitted a few days ago is still open.  Still waiting on those 'Feed the Bundle Ice Cream/Dinner' bundle items.

This should be fixed - mine were there.

I sent my ticket to Sales Support of course, and the ticket also mentions my issue with the Product Library changes as I detailed before.

So not even a canned response on my end yet, let alone a resolution of my issue.  This does not instill confidence, just sayin...

I am hoping that Daz management is at least having a discussion about the wave of 'I'm not happy with the changes' tickets.  An official response would be nice, that is more than just the 'we've passed your concerns along'. response.  I'd like to know that Daz3D takes the concerns of it's customers seriously, and is interested in keeping their customer base happy, and isn't just taking us for granted.

The next step, as mentioned by others, if Daz3D is determined to continue down this path is to buy less here, which will impact the bottom line, but I am hoping that is will not come to that.  I'm not sure how many people would actually participate in that move, product boycotts in general don't seem to have a lot of impact.  I still have a fair bit of store credit banked, in anticipation of the PC+ anniversary, but once that store credit runs out, that's when I'll have to put up or shut up show to speak. 

I do hope that the PA's are screaming bloody murder behind the scenes right now.  We like buying stuff from you talented PA's, and a lot of us don't take the 'curtail our purchases in the future' statements lightly when we make them.

The other issues that people have reported in the last week are concerning as well.  I'm not using DIM to connect these days, I'm doing manual downloads, and the 'Littlefox + Arki + other stuff' order I placed yesterday seems to have manual download links at least, for the couple of Star! products I did download to test with G3F.  I'll probably download the rest of that order today or tomorrow, when I hit a suitable lull in my current art project.

So yeah, hopeful that this isn't falling on deaf ears and that the Daz management team will discuss this seriously at the office or via facetime or whatever this week, but we'll see.

Taoz said:
    Novica said:

Not working here.

I wonder why mine arrived while so many other people's are missing completely. I didn't have 100+ or anything, but the two orders still totalled 65 products. I just checked again and everything I purchased during those orders but haven't downloaded yet showed up in the "ready..." tab without even a delay (which is unusual for me). Individual items, bundle formats, support files, the works. I also had no trouble logging in or downloading a couple dozen products or so around 03:32 EDT. I'm in the Midwest, in case region has anything to do with it for some reason.

I was really surprised to open DIM and find them there, honestly, since nearly everyone else seems to be having problems and I definitely did the last time things went screwy. I also haven't bought anything yet today, so I don't know if an order placed right now would get held up somewhere.

It seems to be quite common with certain things at DAZ that they may work for some and not for others, at a particular time.  For example, many are getting two gift card codes when they order a gift card, of which only one of them works, but that never happens to me, even if I order mine at almost the same time.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Taoz said:
    It seems to be quite common with certain things at DAZ that they may work for some and not for others, at a particular time.  For example, many are getting two gift card codes when they order a gift card, of which only one of them works, but that never happens to me, even if I order mine at almost the same time.

The gift card thing isn't recent, though; IIRC it's been happening to random people since soon after the last disastrous store switchover, <mumble> years ago.

Come to think of it, I don't think it's ever happened to me, either...  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,765
    Taoz said:

Taoz said:
    Novica said:

Not working here.

This.  At this point, expecting to experience abberant and/or irregular store behavior comes pretty much as part and parcel of being a DAZ customer. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

The problem with DIM should be fixed now:

DAZ_Rawb said:

This should all be fixed now, if you log back in to DIM/DazCentral/Daz Connect it should have all of your latest purchases in it.

It appears what caused this was the primary web servers rebooting during a backup operation and then when they came back online the startup script for the process that syncronizes the product ownership between the web servers and the file transfer servers ran before the networking came up so it failed out instead of running.

We have fixed that error so it shouldn't happen again, even if the machines reboot unexpectidly during a backup operation.

On the other hand, I'm not seeing any changes to the Product Libary; Just the unhelpful bit about Daz Central.

I got the same canned response as the rest of you. However, canned responses may have more to do with the volume of trouble tickets than anything else. And there is nothing CS can do but relay our messages to those making the decisions. (That doesn't mean it won't help if you respond to those with comment to the effect you're not satisfied. It might help; It might not. Who knows?)

We know someone from Daz is paying attention to this thread because we got a response from DAZ_Rawb. But don't assume posting here is sufficient. If you want to get the attention of the decision makers, you need to file a ticket and let them know exactly how the changes impact your experience with the website and using Daz Studio… Politely, if you want to be taken seriously.

It may turn out that this is all temporary, that the Daz Central blurb is a placeholder while they make changes to the store software. If so, I wish they would just tell us. I understand not wanting to announce an upcoming feature or product so the competition isn't getting a head start on competing with said feature or product. But letting the customer base know an unpopular website change is temporary, (if it is,) is not going to give any competitors a leg up. It's far more likely some of the customer base will move to the competition as they feel their needs are being completely disregarded. And that will give the competition a leg up!

(Just my opinion, of course.)

Taoz said:

The gift card thing isn't recent, though; IIRC it's been happening to random people since soon after the last disastrous store switchover, <mumble> years ago.

Yes, some of these problems have been there for years.  Hopefully the coming store update will fix at least some of them.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,677
    edited August 2020

I loved having the info on the product pages. I'm constantly amazed to find that I have things in my runtime that I forgot I had, don't even remember buying. It was nice to be able to look up immediately what I got, when I got it, and so forth. But it has come to my attention a lot lately that things online can disappear at any time. And life goes on without that stuff. I don't like it, but that's how it goes.

I'm not going to jump up and down and scream at Daz about it. Rawb knows, and I think the Daz people know there are people here who don't like what was done. The question is, do we matter enough for them to change it back? And that's a really good question. The sense I get is, forum people are interested in what's going on, but maybe not center-of-mass for Daz as a business. So, we shall see whatever there is to see.

I hope for a good outcome.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,745

All this trouble has diminished my desire to spend money at DAZ, at least this month.

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 778
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:

I also submitted a ticket about this, and included the suggestion that, if the issue could not be fixed, that an alternate and equivalent method of providing the removed information be made available, and requested an Excel compatible document containing all of the removed info for all of the 24K+ items currently in my Product Library.     

They could make inactive product pages accessible for owners of such products, like Rendo does. 

I too like having the Order Number, Purchase Date, and SKU all in the Product Library item descriptions, as I use them often for referencing products, and I would like to see them added back. I also very much like the idea of having inactive product pages accessible for owners of those products, as we should be able to see what we bought (i.e. promo photos, product descriptions, etc.).

• 3Diva said:
    3Diva said:

I put in for a refund for my entire order of old products bought tonight - not one single item appeared in my dim and from the looks of it the only options being offered to download is central and or manual zip both which don't use actually one is zip only though on their pages dim is listed

That's weird, the large purchase of older items I made a few hours ago are all showing up in DIM.

tried several times without any luck, not been having a lot of luck lately with purchases had a lot of stuff not showing up in right locations or missiing files or other problems these were new releases too but tonight bought bunch of pretty old I think content well other add on content poses I didn't get are from the Michael/Vicky 4 days

Did your products ever show up in DIM? I just made a purchase about 10 minutes ago and none of the purchased products from that lastest order are showing up in DIM for me.

they've fixed dim

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited August 2020
    3Diva said:
    3Diva said:

they've fixed dim

hahah Yeah! https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5968111/#Comment_5968111 THANK GOODNESS! :D I'm downloading my purchases right now. :) Whew, I'm glad that's sorted out. I was having all kinds of trouble with it. When I finally was able to get some of the products to show up in DIM I kept getting "Failed to Install" errors. Looks like, according to DAZ_Rawb's comment, that it was a server synchronization issue and that the error should be fixed now so that it shouldn't happen again. *crosses fingers*

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,525
    3Diva said:
    3Diva said:

they've fixed dim

You may want to audit your Studio library installed content. I thought everything was downloading too, but all is not as it seems. If things were fixed I would have more to download. Just submitted a ticket for what seems like 31 missing products but one item can affect multiple others because it's part of a bundle buy. So 31 is not the true count of products involved. My product library has grown 7 pages this month and unfortunately I had to put the word 'multiple' in the Invoice field of the ticket form, which would not be necessary if the products page still displayed that info.  I simply sent them a screenshot of an example of what was offered (clearly DIM install) but not delivered. I'm hoping for a resolves versus refunds. What good are textures without the outfit itself?

I suspect it in my case, it is related to the fact that all of my missing products, offered and purchased as DIM install types, surprise-surprise, were populated on the product library page as connect install only. So now instead of shopping I'm auditing DIM and hunting down invoice numbers. 

Sunset Rider.JPG
    970 x 789 - 135K
    Sunset Rider1.JPG
    447 x 389 - 36K
    Sunset Rider2.JPG
    613 x 1227 - 103K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2020

Check this out. Now Daz can't handle the number of people in the store? It isn't me!  Product pages IN THE PRODUCT LIBRARY won't load, or take forever. 
    Edit- now it's blazing fast, so all good. But interesting code!

Post edited by Novica on
  • Novica said:

Check this out. Now Daz can't handle the number of people in the store? It isn't me!  Product pages IN THE PRODUCT LIBRARY won't load, or take forever. 

Speeds here are still tanked. Downloads crawling when things will download at all (4Mbps), agonizingly slow product library loading, failures to load personalized data, and 502 errors.

The deal in my cart is meh (60% off of Mesh Grabber and Rotations), and with the number of failures in the product library alone + the data failures on the store side... I want and need the products but I'm feeling pretty sour about everything right now, and still bitter about the store ticking over early back in May and nuking my 75% off Mesh Grabber cart, so I think I may just pick up some cheapies and go do something else with my evening. Except even that's proving difficult because my wishlist is full of swirlies.

I hate the new product library font. Combined with the rest of the layout, it means lots and lots more time wasted scrolling up and down to get between the download links and my place in the product list.

• A prime example of why we NEED the old Product Library Layout:

Today there is a new product Predatron Ornamental Trees and Bushes. However, there also was at one time PredPack - Ornamental Trees which I own but has now been discountinued. With no description in the Product Library and no Product page to go to I have NO way of comparing the products to to determine if I want the new one.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

SpottedKitty said:

It always happened to me ... not a problem. As long as one of those two codes worked, I was fine.

Now I don't think I will get any GIft Cards anymore - and just buy freebies.