Full face morphs for V4 and M4 as sliders, allowing for partial morphing?

jriedeljriedel Posts: 0
edited June 2014 in Poser Discussion

I have a question regarding full face morphs for Michael 4 and Victoria 4 in Poser (I own Poser 10).

I'm using Poser to create a base for my character renders, that I then apply post work to. The base often consists of my own sculpted morphs, but I do consider the full face morphs available around here of much higher quality - and would like to be able to use that to some degree to add some more character to my renders.

Pretty much all characters I've bought from DAZ3D have a library option to Inject the face morph onto the character - however, when you do that, you don't receive a slider allowing you to adjust how "strong" the morph should be, as you do with the faces in Morphs++. It's just an 0 or 1 option, with the face injected or not. It's a bummer, since I'd like to add just a bit of these faces to the sculpts I've made, emphasizing certain features by mixing them up. Is there a way to inject it as a slider, so that I can decide I only want this face to have a, let's say 80% impact on the default Victoria face?

For example, I bought the Chablis model - is there a way to set it up that I will get a "Chablis V4" slider in the Parameters window of Victoria 4's head, that I will be able to manipulate between 0.0 and 1.0 to find the setting that I would be most interested in, allowing me to mix that with my own sculpted morphs? I wish to have the morph adjust V4's head, but not to the full extent of the morph.

Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly, but I hope that what I mean is clear. :D

Thanks!

[Edited for clarity.]

Post edited by jriedel on

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Does Poser 10 have the Spawn Morph Target in the Object Menu.... I ask because I have Poser Pro 2014 so not sure what is in Poser 10 and what isn't. If so you can create a slider after your character is fully injected .... then rem character ... then look in morph catergory to find your new slider to adjust.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2014

Spawn morph target has been in Poser from the beginning (or certainly since Poser 3 to my knowledge).

However morph targets created this way are not legal to re-distribute unless they are correctly stripped down to remove certain references. ( just for information.)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • jriedeljriedel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    Does Poser 10 have the Spawn Morph Target in the Object Menu.... I ask because I have Poser Pro 2014 so not sure what is in Poser 10 and what isn't. If so you can create a slider after your character is fully injected .... then rem character ... then look in morph catergory to find your new slider to adjust.

Awesome, thank you! It works! :) I'm actually thinking about picking up the Pro version one day, but this works in Poser 10 as well.

Spawn morph target has been in Poser from the beginning (or certainly since Poser 3 to my knowledge).

However morph targets created this way are not legal to re-distribute unless they are correctly stripped down to remove certain references. ( just for information.)

No worries, I won't be redistributing the morphs. I'm using them to create a base layer of a character's render, that I then still do some work to - the morph never leaves my computer.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,791
    edited December 1969

You could try going into the settings for that dial and set the parameter sensitivity to something like 0.05...