"Blade Runner's" Rachael head INJ files. See page 3. Face texture added.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited October 2020 in Freebies

Hi!

I have tried to capture the beauty of Rachael from "Blade Runner". I know my work is far from perfect but it is decent enough imo that I decided to upload it. Attached are two screen shots of the head captured in Poser.

The "hair's" model is only there to give me a better idea of the face likeness. It was never meant to be shared or used in artwork so it isn't included. Please note that I am not including the head's textures either. I'm sure someone out there will do a much better job of creating good textures for Rachael than I ever could.

If you decide to use this head sculpt in your artwork, please post the image(s) of it in this thread. I'd love to see what you have done with my work!

Also, if you create a really nice texture(s) for Rachael, please be so kind and share it with others in this thread. I, myself, would be very grateful for your contribution. Thank you!

Below are the images as attachments, so you can see them better...

And just for the sake of clarity - Rachael's eyes were brown. wink

Have fun! 

AOBB

imageimage

Rachael 01.jpg
Rachael 02.jpg
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
    edited July 2020

Once you've seen the model, please leave a comment about it (and please be gentle... )​. Thanks!

Post edited by AOBB on
    edited July 2020

A newer version of the head. Still pretty similar but I tweaked it a bit. Looks somewhat better to me.

Post edited by AOBB on

Here is a my reference collage that I found very helpful while sculpting the head. Maybe you will find it helpful too, if you decide to work on Rachael some more...

Sean reference.jpg
    3600 x 5700 - 7M
  • Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,596

Nice job looks like her just need hair now. Thanks

I'm glad you like my Rachael interpretation, Silver Dolphin! :) Yes, maybe someone out there, who knows how to make polygonal card hair could chime in with a hairdo for her! That would be great!

Yesterday, I've worked on Rachael's features some more. I believe I've made some improvements, so I am posting another model of the head. The shape and size of the cranium remain the same in all of the the head models, so if someone decides to make hair for Rachael, it should fit all versions of the head.

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

This last one is really taking shape I opened it in Daz and put a texture to it and it really is beginning to look like the actress

• Please remember that the proper way to distribute a Victoria 4 morph is as an Inj file, using one of the existing Community Channels, or as a new ExP File to create its own channel rather than as an OBJ.

It is so good to receive feedback confirming that I am heading in the right direction. Thank you, Skelch!

I've worked some more on Rachael's lips and jaw mostly. The changes are subtle. It is so easy to "overdo" her features. I know I will never cross the "uncanny valley" with this model but I just like working on Rachael, who is my favorite character from BR, so I keep going on.

Here is the next version. I hope you will find her even more similar.

Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know how to create an inj file. I'll have to look into that. 

• It's old and I haven't checked all the way through but you might want to look at http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/tutorials/exp/tutorials

Thank you, Richard. I will. :)

Okay. Obviously, I'm not a computer person. All I've managed to do is generate in Poser Pro 10 a .cr2 file and a .pmd file for the newest V4.2 Rachael but I cannot upload them for whatever reason. 

Please help!

Thank you.

I've tried to upload them as zip files and... nothing.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,165
    edited July 2020

A .pmd file - of just the rachel head morph - would work for Poser users as it is, as far as I know, just the morph deltas. Perhaps soemone else could then help with making an INJ pose (which is possible just by cutting sections out of the CR2, with External Binary Morph targets off, but I can't recall the steps and searching wasn't being helpful).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited July 2020

I'd love to upload the PMD and CR2 files (I've tried the zipped versions too) but unfortunately, I can't. It just keeps showing the message "Uploading..." when I try to do it and nothing happens. Did someone else have the same problem and solve it? I really could use some sage advice... Thank you in advance.

Post edited by AOBB on
    edited July 2020

This is how Rachael looks like now:

Rachael_New.jpg
    596 x 804 - 151K
    Post edited by AOBB on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,020

I'd love to upload the PMD and CR2 files (I've tried the zipped versions too) but unfortunately, I can't. It just keeps showing the message "Uploading..." when I try to do it and nothing happens. Did someone else have the same problem and solve it? I really could use some sage advice... Thank you in advance.

Sounds like the zip file is too large to attach to the post. I use Google Drive, uploading large files there, then get the share with all link and put that in a post.

A .pmd file - of just the rachel head morph - would work for Poser users as it is, as far as I know, just the morph deltas. Perhaps soemone else could then help with making an INJ pose (which is possible just by cutting sections out of the CR2, with External Binary Morph targets off, but I can't recall the steps and searching wasn't being helpful).

Last I recall [and it's been awhile since I made any], the process requires D/S3 Advanced and some additional files which only work in D/S3.

One requires a blank .cr2 file of the desired figure [no other morphs in it]. The third party script [which while I had permissions to share it, it has been tucked away now for a long time so ? where I put it].

Several of us tried years ago to make inj/rem with D/S4 - no satisfactory end results happened.

BUT - wow, save some hair! Genesis [free] plus the V4/M4 legacy shapes [not so free but old enough to have good sale prices now and then] make life a LOT easier. Can morph Genesis and easily make and share those morphs :-) If other shapes [i.e. V4] are dialed in as well, then the morph to share has to NOT include those shapes. It is possible to make a morph dial in other morphs when dialed in. Although such does not have to be necessary as one could simply morph Genesis to look like anybody else in the first place. With all of the gene pool, a great variety of variations are possible.

There is also a whole series of additional products available in the store [the entire list of which I never got straight so never bought them as they would never all be on sale on the same day - I didn't want 1/2 a package you know] which folk can use to transfer morphs from V4/M4 to Genesis [and/or possibly the additional members of the Genesis clans].

edited July 2020

Thank you for your help! :)

Catherine, I believe you are right. The file is probably too big. I downloaded a folder named Rachael_New to Google Drive with the pmd and cr2 files:

Link removed

I've never done this before, so please let me know if something needs to be corrected. Thanks!

edited July 2020

Thank you for your help! :)

Catherine, I believe you are right. The file is probably too big. I downloaded a folder named Rachael_New to Google Drive with the pmd and cr2 files:

Link removed

I've never done this before, so please let me know if something needs to be corrected. Thanks!

Downloaded, installed, they work!

Now, I don't have the textures you used so I applied V4's default. I put the 3 files in one folder and so when running the .cr2 had to tell the program [that was looking at it] where the .pmd file was.

Rachel for V4 loads.png
    700 x 700 - 285K
    Rachel for V4.png
    700 x 700 - 400K

I'm not an expert on what happens when making the .cr2s via Poser. I recall when making .cr2s via D/S, we had to use readscripts - we used a blank .cr2 file for the figure [in which all the other morphs had been removed] in which we loaded the readscripts to load the original .cr2s plus the inj/rem morphs that had been made.

To Catherine:

Unfortunately, I cannot share the textures, as they are based on someone else's work. 

I can tell you though that if you want for Rachael those soulful, brown eyes with great reflections, try MRL Andromeda by Mihrelle. 

I'm glad everything is working just fine. :)

Thanks for letting me know!

Oh that's okay, have lots of textures ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion, and you're welcome.

I hope I am not violating any DAZ3D laws by sharing the cr2 file. I just thought about that now. If this is the case, would someone be so kind and remove from the file the offending information and repost it in usable condition. I hope I am making sense as (if you haven't noticed already) I am a software ignorant. I will of course remove the cr2 file if necessary.

edited July 2020

I hope I am not violating any DAZ3D laws by sharing the cr2 file. I just thought about that now. If this is the case, would someone be so kind and remove from the file the offending information and repost it in usable condition. I hope I am making sense as (if you haven't noticed already) I am a software ignorant. I will of course remove the cr2 file if necessary.

There used to be some utitlities available to help with that ... so many links now 404. Think I'll go to my old computer and see what I can find there.

Found a really old Daz3d page, it's cached so save it if want for future reference.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Thanks again, Catherine. That is very kind of you.

• Thank you for your help! :)

Link removed

You need to take those files down as they contain all the morphs, not just yours.

Fair enough, Richard. I apologize.

I hope someone in the future can make an INJ file with Rachael's head. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have a clue how to tackle this... :(

I took the files off Google Drive too, so I guess everything is removed now.