Aiko 6 Discussion and Render Thread [Formerly Platinum Club Aiko 6 Sneek Peek Thread]

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Barubary said:
    Other than that, I like Fisty's outfit - a lot actually. The other outfits look boring and completely misplaced in an Aiko 6 release, though.
    Actually all the outfits I've seen that are from DAZ make perfect sense to me,

The outfit with the single pauldron on the left is a Battle Armor type thing.
    The outfit with the faux skirt is TOTALLY a magical girl outfit.
    The bow dress is a Girl Next Door staple.
    The mandarin dress is obvious. (And gorgeous, by the way. My wife's always wanted one of those!)
    The shiny bodysuit is a callback to some classic A3 outfits, IIRC.

I'm actually kinda stoked about how on-the-nose most of the base stuff is. My only missed wish is for an update to the Mitsu hair. Well, a good schoolgirl outfit seems to be missing, but I'll live. I can't tell what new hairs there'll be in the base (pro) set, so there's still some hope. :)

Interestingly the person who posted the Appleseed images did so right after the Carrara post, and the face looks eerily similar to the first few Appleseed faces. Thin the lips a little and use an anime shader and it'd be pretty close, I think.

I'm getting more excited... :)

-- Morgan

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I'm most looking forward to Fisty's outfit from the current display of A6 wardrobe items. :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

I'm most looking forward to Fisty's outfit from the current display of A6 wardrobe items. :)

i'm looking forward to the possible Fisty store sale with the release :lol: sparkle shaders!

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Aiko 6 Battle Girl Character Set by Chinchbug looks very interesting.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

i'm looking forward to the possible Fisty store sale with the release :lol: sparkle shaders!

Thanks for the support guys =) The cheongsam outfit (it has shoes too) is going to be included with one of daz' bundles so I doubt I will have store sale with it, there is something else coming soonish though that probably will so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Here are some Poser renders of the different styles.. sorry for the lack of pretty background and stuff and it's on the V6 body shape.. but you get the idea. =)

XiaoMei_Outift_Poser_V6.jpg
    1137 x 1200 - 1M
  • ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,026
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:

Thanks for the support guys =) The cheongsam outfit (it has shoes too) is going to be included with one of daz' bundles so I doubt I will have store sale with it, there is something else coming soonish though that probably will so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Here are some Poser renders of the different styles.. sorry for the lack of pretty background and stuff and it's on the V6 body shape.. but you get the idea. =)

Wow!! Those are all gorgeous, but I *love* that green one :D

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344
    edited December 1969

When Aiko 4 crossed over to Genesis (Aiko 5), many of her best morphs and features were lost in translation — Aiko Stylized and Aiko American never made it over to Genesis or Genesis 2.

She barely looks like an anime or manga character anymore — it's as if Aiko Realistic was the only morph that made the transition.
    Not even third party support such as Aiko Toon or Aiko19 have made it over to Genesis. Why is this?

DAZ and vendors, please don't forget about Aiko Stylized and more Anime/Manga style options!

I was really hoping Aiko 6 would have more non-realistic capabilities such as a large head, large eyes, more simplified toon teeth and nose, and more simplifying / stylizing options and morphs like Aiko3 and Aiko4 had.

If Hitomi was supposed to fill the void in Aiko for Genesis, there is still a huge void in Genesis 2 for this — I wish there was more official support such as an Aiko Stylized morph within Aiko 6. This void shouldn't be left solely on the shoulders of MallenLane.

It's nice to see at least one vendor hasn't forgotten about Aiko's anime/manga roots... the Battle Girl Character Set morph looks good!

Aiko 6 Battle Girl Character Set by Chinchbug

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Daz always finds a way to separate me from my money. Some really nice characters clothing. Will be difficult deciding. Glad I kept my Platinum coupon in standby mode. Waiting until payday.

Daz_and_my_Treasure.png
    1186 x 581 - 981K
  • Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344
    edited December 1969

Hahaha, definitely! Need a render of my wallet hiding in the corner, shaking in fear.

I'll definitely be picking up A6, I'm really excited about all the great stuff I'm seeing so far.
    Great job everybody!

edited December 1969

Thorne said:
    would love to see a Sylfie for Aiko6 :)

That could possibly be arranged ;) Meanwhile, here is Karynna for Aiko 6 by Thorne

SYLFIE :lol: thanks!

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Kaleb242 said:
    Aiko Stylized and Aiko American never made it over to Genesis or Genesis 2.

Just a note - Aiko 3 morphs (and extra morphs like Kioki) convert to Genesis very nicely with GenX.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Will there be more toon textures and maybe a brow prop? Love what I see so far.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

Kaleb242 said:
    When Aiko 4 crossed over to Genesis (Aiko 5), many of her best morphs and features were lost in translation — Aiko Stylized and Aiko American never made it over to Genesis or Genesis 2.

She barely looks like an anime or manga character anymore — it's as if Aiko Realistic was the only morph that made the transition.
    Not even third party support such as Aiko Toon or Aiko19 have made it over to Genesis. Why is this?

DAZ and vendors, please don't forget about Aiko Stylized and more Anime/Manga style options!

I was really hoping Aiko 6 would have more non-realistic capabilities such as a large head, large eyes, more simplified toon teeth and nose, and more simplifying / stylizing options and morphs like Aiko3 and Aiko4 had.

If Hitomi was supposed to fill the void in Aiko for Genesis, there is still a huge void in Genesis 2 for this — I wish there was more official support such as an Aiko Stylized morph within Aiko 6. This void shouldn't be left solely on the shoulders of MallenLane.

It's nice to see at least one vendor hasn't forgotten about Aiko's anime/manga roots... the Battle Girl Character Set morph looks good!
    ]

Although I do think a lot of these items look great (and Joelegecko's terrific promos really do them justice as always), I agree with you. I've been bugging anyone at DAZ who will listen for a western-style toon morph and a remake of Aiko American/Stylized morphs since Aiko 5 was in development, and I have no answer for you as to why it's never happened.

All I can recommend is that you and others continue to support Aiko, but let DAZ and Published Artists know that those sorts of products, morphs, and characters are ones that you would definitely be interested in purchasing if they were made available.

Thanks for your thoughts!

SnowS

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited June 2014

Will there be more toon textures and maybe a brow prop? Love what I see so far.

Yes, but it won't be ready for the launch. Working as fast as I can. ;-)

I think a few others have items in the works too. There will certainly be opportunities to "toon her up."

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
  • ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    Wow.... Lotus Flower looks so fresh and sexy... great work Forbidden Whispers!! From all these great products Aiko 6 looks to be a real Asian beauty...but I hope there will be morphs/characters to show her Anime side.

Aww, thank you. I'm glad you like her. She's a re-work of the old V4/A4 version in mine and FWDesigns' store. It's not 100% the same, obviously everything has been updated and texture resolutions and details reworked. For those that bought the V4 version, I'm hoping DAZ will implement an additional discount for those that upgrade to the newer version. No promises though..... DAZ may have a different promotion in mind.

• ForbiddenWhispersForbiddenWhispers Posts: 1,427
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    ForbiddenWhispers, I wanted to buy the V4 version of Lotus Flower soon, but I guess it'll be the A6 version then :)

We're pleased you like her. She was an absolute joy to work on. Please see the above post. ;)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Aiko is selling herself to me on the strength of Xiao Mei alone. That being said, I thought that the concept behind Aiko, at least originally, was to have an anime toon styled figure rather than the realistic option? Look back at the earlier generations and that's exactly what they were. Exaggerated hips, exaggerated breasts, face so obviously styled on far-eastern art. However, since Aiko 5, this seems to have changed considerably. Aiko has become more of a sidegrade of existing figures rather than something unique in her own right.

I'm not bashing the figure. I still think she's great, but it feels like a little of that uniqueness which set her apart from the crowd has been lost over her latest incarnations. As something of an extreme example, Eclipse showed that it's possible to create some very toony characters using G2F so it surprises me that no one has gone for the 'full anime' look so far, especially on a figure as iconic as Aiko.

Just my 2 cents... knowing me, I'll still pick up the Pro Bundle just because I'm obsessed with having options.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:

Wow!! Those are all gorgeous, but I *love* that green one :D

Hot Pink will always close the deal for me if you might add another style

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

FW Art & Thorne stands out for me Great work, just hoping they are for Poser also. :)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:

Love them all, but the blue and white are my favourites :)

And I truly like Xioa, Lin and Lotus Flower too.. those girls looks really, really nice. Plus there's quite a few other things I like in the preview so far :)

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,986
    edited December 1969

....ARE U READY?

Aiko6_promo.jpg
    1040 x 800 - 558K
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Aiko is selling herself to me on the strength of Xiao Mei alone. That being said, I thought that the concept behind Aiko, at least originally, was to have an anime toon styled figure rather than the realistic option? Look back at the earlier generations and that's exactly what they were. Exaggerated hips, exaggerated breasts, face so obviously styled on far-eastern art. However, since Aiko 5, this seems to have changed considerably. Aiko has become more of a sidegrade of existing figures rather than something unique in her own right.

I'm not bashing the figure. I still think she's great, but it feels like a little of that uniqueness which set her apart from the crowd has been lost over her latest incarnations. As something of an extreme example, Eclipse showed that it's possible to create some very toony characters using G2F so it surprises me that no one has gone for the 'full anime' look so far, especially on a figure as iconic as Aiko.

Just my 2 cents... knowing me, I'll still pick up the Pro Bundle just because I'm obsessed with having options.

Many generations of Aiko have seemed to me to be more influenced by video game characters than anime, and I think that's what we're seeing here. As technology has improved, video game characters have become more realistic looking, but there is still a stylized design that I think is being referenced in A6.

As Snowsultan says, be sure to let DAZ and PAs know what additional shapes you're interested in buying. One great thing about the Genesis platform is that additional different shapes are always possible, and will be fully supported by existing accessories. :)

edited December 1969

zigraphix said:

Many generations of Aiko have seemed to me to be more influenced by video game characters than anime, and I think that's what we're seeing here. As technology has improved, video game characters have become more realistic looking, but there is still a stylized design that I think is being referenced in A6.

As Snowsultan says, be sure to let DAZ and PAs know what additional shapes you're interested in buying. One great thing about the Genesis platform is that additional different shapes are always possible, and will be fully supported by existing accessories. :)

my most favorite-ist Aiko3s :) Xinxin, Nym, Pazu, Sylfie, IcePrincess ♥ Aiko5s Momo, Nyu :)

Nyu was the one sold me on Aiko 5 - luv her ♥

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to say to the artists that you've really done a beautiful job with the character, hair, poses, and clothes, and wishing you mega sales results on release day :)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Looking over the pictures again, I must say that the first one in the post Jared made when he started this thread.. makes me think of Sakura from Naruto, a somewhat older version than in the animé/manga, different eyecolors but otherwise I picture her when seeing that render.

edited December 1969
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Many generations of Aiko have seemed to me to be more influenced by video game characters than anime, and I think that's what we're seeing here. As technology has improved, video game characters have become more realistic looking, but there is still a stylized design that I think is being referenced in A6.As far as anime characters go, few are as good as Chibibel and Belbel in my humble opinion. The downside there is that they're fairly old figures and support wasn't exactly abundant even when they were new. Hitomi was a welcome addition to the Genesis genepool as it basically gave us an Aiko 4 with weight maps.

PA's naturally want to create figures which will sell well. It's why there's a hearty dose of men to the avalanche of women, and why children are rare, if not entirely non-existent these days. It may be that anime-styled figures are a bit niche, which would explain the new direction Aiko has taken over the years.

Aiko 5 was about as far removed from an 'anime' figure as she could have been. Even the base she came with used a realistic skin tone as opposed to the toon style. That being said, Aiko 6 does seem to be returning more to her toon roots despite remaining dramatically different. She reminds me of something halfway between Victoria 6 and Giselle.

Again I still think she looks fantastic enough to warrant grabbing the bundles, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an even more stylized manga toon figure on the Genesis platform, hopefully with a male version to match.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Kaleb242 said:

I think you're under the assumption that A4 & A5 are supposed to be the same character. They're not. Each incarnation of every DAZ Iconic Character is supposed to be different in their own right, with some subtle generality in their looks. Though, while I'll agree that A3 & A4 had very similar looks, somehow textures and poses give them dramatic distinction.