Ds Creative- The Magazine for Daz Studio users!

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    Totte said:
    The mag is designed to be viewed two-page, not single page. Try setting your PDF-viewer in two page mode and you'll be much happier

Well - not so much. I've an older Adobe Reader and the current Foxit - and they both do two-up with the odd-numbered page to the left. I don't see a way with either to go page-by-page in two-up mode, so if an image bleeds across the center it needs to start on the odd-numbered page. Here's what I get for the same two pages in two-up mode:

Evolution would stop if everything had to keep the pace of outdated software. There are several that do this for free.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    namffuak said:
    Totte said:
    The mag is designed to be viewed two-page, not single page. Try setting your PDF-viewer in two page mode and you'll be much happier

Well - not so much. I've an older Adobe Reader and the current Foxit - and they both do two-up with the odd-numbered page to the left. I don't see a way with either to go page-by-page in two-up mode, so if an image bleeds across the center it needs to start on the odd-numbered page. Here's what I get for the same two pages in two-up mode:

Evolution would stop if everything had to keep the pace of outdated software. There are several that do this for free.

Like I said - the current version of Foxit. I'm open to suggestions on others. IIRC, the way Adobe has things set up, I can't get the current version of Reader on this system; it has no internet connectivity and Adobe seems to only download an installer that downloads the rest.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

I plead bad eyesight and brain fatigue. :-)

I was all over the options and the help file and somehow never saw the "show cover page" option.

In any case, despite the issues I had with the wonky image splits, this is an incredibly well written and illustrated - ah - emagazine? Ebook? Whatever - it ranks up there with the best of the commercial magazines.

• DrakenborgDrakenborg Posts: 185
    edited December 1969

With only about 5 hours to release of issue 5 here are the links to the previous ones just encase you missed an issue or a freebie-
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_01
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_02
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_03
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_04

edited December 1969
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Congratulations on another great issue! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Dance competition

1st place: 20$ courtesy of BWC
    1 item of choice from Bobbie25 http://www.daz3d.com/bobbie25
    1 item of choice from FWArt (no vendor shared products) http://www.daz3d.com/fwart

2nd place: 10$ courtesy of BWC
    1 item of choice (excludes bundles & items DAZ are co-vendors of) from Sedor https://www.daz3d.com/Sedor
    1 item of choice from Totte´s store

3rd place: 5$ courtesy of BWC
    1 item of Lunchlady products (no vendor shared products)

Contest info in the pic below

danceCompetition.jpg
    1240 x 1754 - 399K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the support guys :)

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited November 2014

Very cool issue! I heard about this in the planning stage but I had not been paying attention that issues were coming out. Maybe something on the DAZ website could announce new issues, but maybe that would be annoying.

I love the quick How-To articles, like Phil Thomas' How to make a mirror (shouldn't you have the author's name included with each article? It's only listed in the Table of Contents). The freebies are a nice touch.

I'm not sure I like the Issuu format. When pages are not zoomed the text resolution is so low it's illegible and when you zoom in you're wandering around with only sections of the page visible which feels silly. Can't the resolution allow the text to be read without zooming in?

Overall though, very cool magazine. I'll keep an eye out for future issues.

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
  • StargazeyStargazey Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Love the magazine - keep up the good work!
    (Just one small thing, there seems a problem with the link to the Magic Sense Ring on page 43)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

stargazey said:
    Love the magazine - keep up the good work!
    (Just one small thing, there seems a problem with the link to the Magic Sense Ring on page 43)

I got it by copy/pasting the text of the link, not by clicking on it. The linked part is truncated ...

Thanks for the freebies and the good reads!
    I have linked some people to the magazine because they happened to ask about LIE just now. :)

edited December 1969

I tried copy/pasting originally and it didn't work. Tried again after your post and it worked fine! Must have missed something, somewhere!

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to download the PDFs for offline consultation?

edited December 1969

Click "Share" then "Download". But you have to register with the site in order to be able to do it. (Not a problem, they have some other interesting mags available.)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited November 2014

Thank you for another great issue! I'm learning a lot. :-)

However, I do have a question. On page 39, there's the paragraph I attached.Probably because I am not a native English speaker, I don't understand what I am supposed to do. Create a group from the mirror? Create a new node from the group? I'm just very confused.
    Cananyone explain it to me?

nodes.JPG
    1144 x 166 - 39K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

stargazey said:
    I tried copy/pasting originally and it didn't work. Tried again after your post and it worked fine! Must have missed something, somewhere!

I have treid both items today and have tried various methods and cannot get a valid page to load - any suggestions?

edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    stargazey said:

I have treid both items today and have tried various methods and cannot get a valid page to load - any suggestions?

Type by hand?
    Look what is written on that page - how far the underlined link goes and what is not underlined ...
    Open a small wordpad/editor window and copy the working part, type the rest by hand to that - copy/paste the full one to your adress bar in your browser.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

To whom do you send copyright infringement reports?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2014

Cecilia I have just posted this on our Facebook page asking for a response by one of the upper team members.

Post edited by Szark on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Cecilia I have just posted this on our Facebook page asking for a response by one of the upper team members.

Thank you very much, it is urgent. Perhaps as you work on the magazine, the report could be nevertheless sent to you?

edited December 1969

I am just a lowly Tech advisor and Camilla has said she will deal with this when she gets home which shouldn't be too long. But if you want you can send me the details and I will forward them so it is ready for when she does get home.

edited December 1969

Cecilia I have just sent you a PM regarding this issue.

edited December 1969

To whom do you send copyright infringement reports?

Hi just got home, but think you got our emails already?

• NoermanNoerman Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Thanks, definitely worth to read and see. Keep them coming for free :)

edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    Thank you for another great issue! I'm learning a lot. :-)

However, I do have a question. On page 39, there's the paragraph I attached.Probably because I am not a native English speaker, I don't understand what I am supposed to do. Create a group from the mirror? Create a new node from the group? I'm just very confused.
    Cananyone explain it to me?

From Phil Thompson
    With our 1st mirror already created
    Select the mirror
    Then go to the create menu and choose "New group"
    You can call this group Mirror if you wish
    This group contains one object our original Mirror
    Now select the group we just created
    Then go to the create menu and select "New Node Instance"
    You can call this Mirror 2 if you wish
    Now we have our duplicate mirror that we can move to our desired position
    Thank you :)

edited December 1969

If troubles with getting the freebie its because our site is temporarily down, Totte is our host for those and he is having IT problems hopefully it will be solved soon!

edited December 1969

ISSUE 6 OUT NOW!
    Well the wait is over, here it is DS Creative Issue 6, The Christmas Special. Packed full of DAZ Studio Goodness
    http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_06
    While we are happy for you to share the above link, please do not download the magazine and share elsewhere, DS Creative should only be available through www.Issuu.com

DSC_Cover_Page.jpg
    1240 x 1754 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I am not very good at egghunting ... any hints for the hidden whatsit for which you have to be registered at Chikako's site?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 2014

...is there a more "static" version on FB?

Very difficult for me to read using Flash.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.