Command line Iray render?

Is there anyway to start an Iray render from the command line with a saved Studio scene file?

Bryon

Comments

• That's one of the things I wanted to build, but the standalone exe sample code that comes with the SDK is outdated and broken. Maybe if enough people ask for it, it might get some attention?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,868
    edited July 2020

DS itself can be run via command line, though I can't give you chapter and verse on the mthods and the discussion in the change logs is a fair way back. You could also, of course, use Iray Server (at a price). You cabn certainly open a scene from the command lline - see the script for launching DS instances in https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5112696/#Comment_5112696

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,153

Thanks, I'll take a look. My idea is to run the render without Studio actually being open.

• TijnzTijnz Posts: 6

Any luck? Just found out that having viewport open with iray, cuts out so much memory from my graphics card that it went to CPU (6GB 1660S). 
    I should have thought about that myself, but another thread pointed me in the right direction when i was looking why my gpu wasn't used while rendering.
    I'm guessing taking out even more (defaulting to commandline) will help even more.

• I'd really like to know if we can do too. Command line rendering/baking in Blender is a game changer for my machine. Zero crashes and fast.

• I'd love to know about this so I can set up a server at AWS and have it just render whatever files I upload there.  NOT interested in loading DAZ, just rendering my jobs in IRAY.  

ESPECIALLY because DAZ always pops that EFFING Encoding dialog box after an animation render.  So the file takes 900 million hours to render, and it DOES NOT SAVE when it's done because nobody thought to include the encoding info on the Render settings.  And GOD HELP YOU if Windows 10 decides anywhere along the line that it needs to reboot.