Missing save options

I opened Daz today after not using it for a few days and after throwing together a quick modification of V4, I went to File->Save As-> and was expecting to find "Scene Subset" which I use all the time but it wasn't there. I notice I no longer have options for saving: Cameras, Characters, Heirarchicial Materials, Lights, Materials, Poses, Properties, Render Settings, Wearables and Scene Subset (possibly others, but these are the ones I actually used). I rarely need anything other than saving Dformers (which is still in the menu) and Scene Subsets, and I can make do with Scene Subsets if I can get that option back.

I've already searched as much as I know how to. Window->Workspace-Select Layout didn't help. I saved a custom layout during this because I messed up my layout fiddling with that, but none of the options brought back Scene Subset to the Save As menu.

I have had a couple hard crashes while rendering and one while opening Daz3D. If I need to pull from a backup, I may be able to do that, I just don't know what I'm pulling and don't want to carelessly copy over old files.

Comments

• I wonder if the p[lug-in that handles the presets is disabled - dForm presets would be handled by the dForm plug-in. Go to Help>About Installed Plug-ins and look for Default Save Filters - is it checked and green?

• Gonzo1Gonzo1 Posts: 1
    edited July 2020

That appears to be it. It's showing red (failed to load). It's also just "dzsavefilters" instead of the full name you mentioned. I'll try restoring the file it points to from backups and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Restoring the file from a backup worked. The file was slightly larger than it used to be, so it probably got corrupted in the crash while rendering. For some reason the About Installed Plug-ins list shows it twice now, but both are green and the Save As menu worked perfectly.

Thanks! :)

Post edited by Gonzo1 on
  • That sounds as if there are two differnt versions present, which is ikely to cause problems in the future. It might be best to uninstalll the main application, make sure the dzsavefilters.dlll (or .dylib on a Mac) is gone, and reinstall - that shouldn't affect content  or settings.