My attempt to create clothes in Blender using SinckleYeld´s tutorial

1121314151618»

Comments

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861
    edited December 1969

Here are two more for which I did not create FBMs.

Pear and Weight.

5.jpg
    312 x 368 - 97K
    4.jpg
    312 x 368 - 87K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Looks good! I assume that's with smoothing on, but that wouldn't bother me using an item. I often add it when vendors don't.

edited December 1969

You mean the smoothing modifier?

edited December 1969

Toyen said:
    You mean the smoothing modifier?

Yes, that's right.

edited December 1969

I always leave the smoothing on when I run something through transfer utility so I guess it is. But I think adjusting the weights in that area did the trick too : )

edited December 1969

Toyen said:
    I always leave the smoothing on when I run something through transfer utility so I guess it is. But I think adjusting the weights in that area did the trick too : )

Yes, you did some nice work there! Mastering that early in your clothes-making career will do a lot for you as you go on. You need some more practice on your promos before you're ready for DAZ (lighting in particular, and blank backdrops are a hard sell on clothing), but you could reasonably get there before too long.

edited December 1969

Thanks a lot! I am actually hoping to take a break from clothing now ( at least from real world everyday clothing ) and I have started modeling something else.

I have also looked into hair and I actually found a very nice method for making polygon hair but it is for Maya and I don´t know whether it could be used inside Blender as well but I think I´ll pass on hair for now because even if I did model it, my 2D texture making skills are nowhere near where they should be for creating textures for polygon hair.

I also wanted to finally start my MD trial so that I could decide whether to get it or not but for some reason it won´t allow me to start the trial so I guess it´s really a break from clothing : D

Such shame because I think MD would be a good tool for me but I´m just really hesitant to subscribe to MD without trying it first.

edited December 1969

MD is a great tool and a lot of PA's use it. I haven't bought it yet because I'm concerned about their DRM and the program's apparent inability to be used offline.

edited December 1969

Just uploaded my first freebie waiting for approval.

A pair of simple pumps I have been missing for a long time now. Nothing too fancy. You all probably have something like this in your library already : )

Only took me 3-4 hours to model and another 2-3 to rig, weight map and morph.

The fastest pair of shoes I´ve modeled so far : )

And also the cleanest when it comes to geometry I think.

Ladies that should be able to wear these: Victoria 6, Aiko 6, Olympia 6 and Lilith 6

Unfortunately couldn´t create a FBM for Girl 6 again. I don´t know what her issues is.

No texture maps are included. I recommend using them with this amazing freebie - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74602

OR

Feel free to create your own texture maps! I´ve included 2500x2500 UV template in case anybody is feeling creative : )

They should appear in Renderosity´s freebie department soon (hopefully). When that happens I´ll post a link here : )

I also tried to make them work with poser but well, here´s what happened (pic 2). Maybe next time : D

heres_what_happened.png
    1564 x 750 - 396K
    Main_Promo.png
    800 x 933 - 620K
    edited December 1969

Some of my random amateur animations done with Mery a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkdMsdUVJhg

edited December 1969

My newest walk cycle done with Mery - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ACwzwcZ68

I think this is my best one so far : )

edited December 1969

Hello everyone again! I haven´t posted anything here in a while but I still want to keep this thread active : ) I do post regularly on my deviantart page.

Anyways, I decided to post a sneak peak of what I´m working on right now.

It´s spring so I reinvented the floral ideas I was doing way back when I was starting (remember that ugly tight pink dress? : D ) and I´m working on something floral. Much simpler than the first two, the second one was especially big outfit with many pieces which took a looong time so this one will be just the main piece + shoes which I´m including as a bonus and the price will be as if it was just one piece of clothing.

I´ve done sandal style shoes for my first outfit but I thought they will go best with what I´m doing now.

So here is how I create shoes, everything starts with a simple plane : )

I dare say I improved a lot when it comes to shoe modeling, the topology is waaay cleaner than the first two.

howimodelshoes_60.png
    1476 x 835 - 531K
    edited December 1969

That looks very cute!

edited December 1969

Thanks Sickle!

I was trying to rig them today but I´ve ran into an issue when fitting them that I´ve never had before when rigging shoes.

On the right are the shoes unfit and on the left is what happens when I fit them to G2F.

Any idea what went wrong here?

Untitled.png
    1218 x 808 - 293K
    edited December 1969

No, that's a weird one! Use edit-rigging-transfer rigging (figure space) while they are conformed? Maybe it's a bone/conformation issue.

edited December 1969

Tried but didn´t work. I´ve even tried to weight map one of the shoes manually and then fit them to g2f but I still got that weird offset. The only thing that comes to mind is that there could be something wrong with my feet pose.

This is the first time I moved the twist slider when creating the feet fix pose but I noticed that as soon as twist on g2f´s foot was set back to 0, I got much better results.

I never thought twisting the foot to make it more straight for it to fit the shoes would be an issue, how else to get a natural looking foot pose in the shoe.

I guess I will have to try a non-twist version and see if that was really the issue or not.

edited December 1969

Okay I have now identified the issue.

Every time I fit the shoes to G2F, the foot joints on the shoes rotate a bit. They don´t really rotate because their rotation does not change in the parameters but they do and that makes them not really fit.

See in the picture?

On the left are the shoes unfit. G2F and the shoes have exactly matching skeleton.

On the right is what happens after I fit them to G2f.

See how the foot joint rotated a bit?

Of course I can always fix this issue by just adjusting the twist slider on the bone to get the shoes into the position I want them to be in and then locking it but I really wanna figure this thing out.

feetproblem.png
    1151 x 893 - 371K
    edited March 2015

Toyen said:
    Okay I have now identified the issue.

Every time I fit the shoes to G2F, the foot joints on the shoes rotate a bit. They don´t really rotate because their rotation does not change in the parameters but they do and that makes them not really fit.

See in the picture?

On the left are the shoes unfit. G2F and the shoes have exactly matching skeleton.

On the right is what happens after I fit them to G2f.

See how the foot joint rotated a bit?

Of course I can always fix this issue by just adjusting the twist slider on the bone to get the shoes into the position I want them to be in and then locking it but I really wanna figure this thing out.

I'm willing to be corrected, but that looks like a "borked, didn't memorize figure rigging before saving to library originally" problem to me.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

Tried that but it wasn´t it. It doesnt matter as I just twisted the foot bone on each foot and locked the twist attribute and it now works correctly and loads already twisted but I still think it is because I twisted the foot bone on g2f when I was posing the feet but I had to since the pose looks much better : )

edited December 1969

Toyen said:
    Tried that but it wasn´t it. It doesnt matter as I just twisted the foot bone on each foot and locked the twist attribute and it now works correctly and loads already twisted but I still think it is because I twisted the foot bone on g2f when I was posing the feet but I had to since the pose looks much better : )

Well, you were able to fix it, that's good!

edited December 1969

My latest animation I started animating months ago and finally somehow finished it although the results are not that great - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvr8BWXybM4

edited December 1969

After a long long time, my 3rd product is finally out!

Woodland Guerilla outfit!

Glad I can keep my little store active even if its just one item every few months : )

main_promo.png
    688 x 1100 - 1M

Rigged my first door! Where might they lead?

They open so nicely : )

Nect challenge, door + the door handle!

rigged.png
    519 x 853 - 279K
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited July 2015
    Toyen said:

Rigged my first door! Where might they lead?

They open so nicely : )

Nect challenge, door + the door handle!

That is wicked cool. I kind of wish I saved that cube I was playing with. I managed to set up a bone on four corners, that would have made a cool animated walking cube-thing. Tho the mesh wasn't exactly friendly to 'Flexing', and I never read beyond that to add-smoothing or something to the flexing surface. I kin of only made it halfway threw this.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/tutorials/weight_map_brush/start

Wendy-loves-Jagwars!? err, whatever her name is now in the new forum... Has a good intro vid for adding bones to an object.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • I'm bookmarking this entire thread because I'm learning lots already, and SickleYield is my go-to for tutorials. Let me say thanks for that now. I just started modeling, using Daz, Hex, Blender and GiMP, since so far they 're just for me but I have an idea I want to put out there. Clothing slides on bodies, but not on models. Bending over while wearing a skirt causes it to slide up and teases the imagination. I don't even know if it's possible to do, has anyone tried it? Really hate the look of stretched skirts because the hem is attached to the body.