DAZ Install Manager (DIM) 1.1.0.28, Now Available! [Updated]

1234568»

Comments

• RoLoWRoLoW Posts: 341
    edited December 1969

Glad it worked for you this time.

Occasionally I get that same error; the DAZ site must be getting many hits...

• woody2woody2 Posts: 90
    edited December 1969

Hi all I have the latest version of Install manager . when I run it and try to download anything with it I get the download failed error and it will not download anything. can some one shed so light on what might be wrong with it so I can get the items that I have bought beside going to my account and downloading them one by one and installing them . there must be something that I missed when I rebuilt my computer . I installed everything to it's default place sense I now have a 2 terabit drive. so I have plenty of room for runtimes. I'm no a windows 7 64 bit with 16 gig of memory and 2 gig of GDDRS memory on my gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 ti video card running to 24" Acer monitors . so I have a machine that will run most things

thanks

woody2

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

Do you have an antivirus program that might be interfering? Another forum thread reported that Avast’s heuristics often react to DIM, but not always.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, if it runs but the downloads always fail that sounds like a firewall blocking internet access.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

woody2 said:
    Hi all I have the latest version of Install manager . when I run it and try to download anything with it I get the download failed error and it will not download anything. can some one shed so light on what might be wrong with it so I can get the items that I have bought beside going to my account and downloading them one by one and installing them . there must be something that I missed when I rebuilt my computer . I installed everything to it's default place sense I now have a 2 terabit drive. so I have plenty of room for runtimes. I'm no a windows 7 64 bit with 16 gig of memory and 2 gig of GDDRS memory on my gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 ti video card running to 24" Acer monitors . so I have a machine that will run most things

thanks

woody2

Click on the gear icon, top right corner and then click on the 'show log' button (bottom left on the popup) and see if there is an explanation (scroll to the bottom and read upward; most recent entry is at the bottom).

• RoLoWRoLoW Posts: 341
    edited February 2015

This possible solution sounds simple, but seeing as you have a new pc and new install of Windows you may want to try it:

Find the DIM icon on the desktop or in the Start / All Programs listing and right-click on it and select "Run as administrator"

DIM-RunAsAdmin.png
    853 x 468 - 38K
    Post edited by RoLoW on
  • ShastoShasto Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

I wanted to mention I noticed a funny glitch with DIM on Mac OS X Mavericks (at least, possibly happens the same on other Mac OS X versions).

Often when I install some stuff with DIM, I have to type in my administrator password for osascript which I think is supposed to run as part of the installation process for certain items.

I usually enter my password and all goes smoothly.

Today, by accident I forgot to put my password and hit the cancel button.

I then stopped my installs to make up for it, but when I restarted the installs, a funny glitch happened.

What happened then was that all sorts of already installed products all of a sudden started disappearing from my "Installed" list and popping into my "Ready to install" list and the more I installed them, the more it kept happening, so I obviously Force Quit DIM.

When I opened it back up, it still had my once installed items moved to the ready to install category, however after not making the mistake of cancelling the osascript password request, it was able to reinstall those items without causing the glitch again.

I just post this as a warning in case this happens to someone else and they start freaking out.

• NosiferretNosiferret Posts: 330
    edited December 1969

What would be nice for this is when you hover over the item that has been installed, it pops up with a window of information, product name, date etc. Even order number it is associated with. But one thing I think would be nice, is if it will also show the folder name the said item is. When you have a huge inventory of items, MyDaz3DLibrary just doesn't help very much. :) If all vendors used the name of the item they created as their folder, I don't think it would be that bad, but some use a completely different name for the item bought and it makes finding it a little difficult. imo. Just a thought.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

What would be nice for this is when you hover over the item that has been installed, it pops up with a window of information, product name, date etc. Even order number it is associated with. But one thing I think would be nice, is if it will also show the folder name the said item is. When you have a huge inventory of items, MyDaz3DLibrary just doesn't help very much. :) If all vendors used the name of the item they created as their folder, I don't think it would be that bad, but some use a completely different name for the item bought and it makes finding it a little difficult. imo. Just a thought.

Just right click on the item and 'Show installed Files' in the context menu.Shows the paths to all the parts of the product. I find myself often doing this to locate products in my content library (or to check whether the product e.g. has poses in the People G2F/G2M folders as well as the vehicle figure I know is under 'Vehicles' or whatever).

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Yikes. What happened?

Today I went to close DIM and Windows Program Compatibility Asst popped up and said that the install manager wasn't running properly so it was changing how windows runs it. It won't change the program's operability, just how it's run inside windows. Like it was some old obsolete program or something.

Wha? And is there anything I can/should do about it?

• edited December 1969

I think the latest version has a serious problem with OS X 10.10.3. It revs up to 100% CPU use and moves forward with extreme slowness on login.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited April 2015

There seems to be some issue with DIM currently. Login attempts take a while with fairly high CPU usage and then error out with this: "Unable to login to the specified account..."

Edit: Apparently fifth time was the charm.

Post edited by araneldon on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    There seems to be some issue with DIM currently. Login attempts take a while with fairly high CPU usage and then error out with this: "Unable to login to the specified account..."

Edit: Apparently fifth time was the charm.

From DAZ 3D

Looks like it is back up. It may take a reboot before it works.Again, sorry about the problem.

Thank you for your patience.

• PschelfhPschelfh Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

DIM connection still not working here, I will try again tomorrow.

Peter.

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Same Problems here.
    DIM Login not possible

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did you see the post wher Spooky said it may be neccessary to reboot to get it working again

edited December 1969

Doing strange again today, I have 6263 items to download (which I never bought), that must be the whole DAZ store?!

Peter.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited April 2015

Maybe you won the jackpot of Major download time? ;-)

But it seems like the current troubles are not over... I can't even connect at the moment.

EDIT: Okay, got connected now, and I also see things like Victoria 2 and stuff I never bought.
    It also tells me I have 47 items ready to install. Weird.

dimdi.JPG
    374 x 890 - 58K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 1969

I must admit that I downloaded some, I thought they did some kind of promo where they gave away older stuff for free... :red:

Peter.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

I'm feeling rather jealous. DIM was working fine for me for checks for updates etc all yesterday, for downloading some purchases late last night (UK time), and so far while checking today. I feel left out of the weirdness.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Check the sort order on the tabs. It changed for me...but that may have been because I had reinstalled DIM. It was really confusing at first seeing products I don't remember staring at me. Other than that, after changing the order prods are listed, I found no weirdness.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited May 2015

EDIT: Never mind. I just realized that in trying to reconcile its files after being reinstalled, DIM *was* showing me product updates. Several hundred of them. Got a mite confusing. I don't think DAZ has updated all those files this week, so I just hid most of them, which were almost all Poser and CF files anyway.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

So, I ordered some stuff about an hour and 20 minutes ago, but it's still not showing up in DIM. Does this happen often? I have had it take 10 minutes or so to show up, but never over an hour.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387
    edited December 1969

Normally its pretty quick. Are you sure that it isn't hidden. Maybe you have something set up wrong in downloads tab on accident. What packs did you get?

edited December 1969

I bought the clothing "Fit" package that was just released, and a few pose packages from a few days ago (as well as the freebie M4 bundle). I was able to download everything except the M4 stuff manually and install it, and the fit script works fine (I haven't played with the poses). It's well over 2 hours now, and it still isn't showing up. I restarted DIM, and refreshed many times, but it's still not seeing anything new.

As for the hidden option and filters, I looked over everything and it all looks fine. I had recently downloaded an update using it a day or two ago. A file appeared in my new list that didn't look familiar but I just assumed it was a CF file that had been added in a recent update or something. That was the last thing I downloaded using DIM (and that was probably thursday or friday afternoon)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387
    edited May 2015

do you have Poser selected in the downloads? Sometime packs need the poser version as well as DS. I don't know if this is one of those occasions but worth a try

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Yeah. I tried several things, but no change. It looks like it just isn't getting any more updates. As best as I can tell, this is a bug either in my DIM or on DAZ' servers, so I submitted a bug report.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited June 2015

...just ran into an odd and rather annoying issue this morning. Opened the DIM to Download and install some purchases I made last night. Checked all the boxes by the product names and when I clicked on "Start Queue", instead of initiating the Download process, it just jumps down the selection and selects a random product that I already have installed.

It logs in properly and I changed nothing in the DIM settings at all since I last used it so not sure why it is suddenly acting so strange and won't let me download anything unless I do it one item at a time clicking on the Download Status button.

Also, the right scrollbar does not work either so I have to either use the scroll wheel or select an item, then use the arrow keys to page up or down the list.

Post edited by kyoto kid on