Models That Inspire Animations

I am often inpired to do an animation by a great model, especially if its something in the real world like the "Antartic Snow Cruiser":

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/the-antarctic-snow-cruiser-was-a-building-sized-car-doomed-for-failure/ar-BB162H6W?li=BBnb4R5

Haven't come up with the story yet, but thinking about it.  The detailed interior should give lots of interesting spaces .... 

antarctic-snow-cruiser.jpg
694 x 809 - 235K
antarctic-snow-cruiser Rendo.jpg
600 x 800 - 300K

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223
    edited June 2020

This topic brings up great memories!

It was just about the same time that this came out

when this came out!

Millennium Dragon 2.0

Not only did I absolutely Have to Have this amazing kit, I wanted to animate the beast! Easier said than done, so it seems. While I hade a great time doing it, I can see the difficulty and why someone might give up. It can be a tedious bugger with limits and can quickly get out of control without them.

The really fun part is that, in Carrara everything is possible - and Fun!

Wow. It feels like a lot more than eight years have passed since I did this!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,690

Mil Dragon 2 - an oldie but a goodie !

Bunyip02 said:

Mil Dragon 2 - an oldie but a goodie !

I love it! Predatron's Moorland Dragon and the new DAZ Dragon 3 are quite a bit easier to work with (pose/rig wise) but I still find it worth the extra effort to get this magnificent creature moving! I love those new ones too!

Speaking of Predatron, all of his original figure people and creatures inspire me to get them to move! ;)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Yes, Predatron's models have inspired me also, I have about 80.  Like "Blenworth" and "K4 Armor" used in this two minute animation "Action Figure", years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx7h419JEuE

Not much recently since like many he has stopped providing Poser format, and I have given up on DS format in Carrara.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,556
    Steve K said:

I am often inpired to do an animation by a great model, especially if its something in the real world like the "Antartic Snow Cruiser":

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/the-antarctic-snow-cruiser-was-a-building-sized-car-doomed-for-failure/ar-BB162H6W?li=BBnb4R5

Haven't come up with the story yet, but thinking about it.  The detailed interior should give lots of interesting spaces .... 

Snow cruiser was insane!

Torquinox said:
    Steve K said:

Snow cruiser was insane!

Great video, many thanks.  I had never heard of this ... vehicle, until I saw the Poser format model.  A very high quality product from a great vendor.  So of course I had to buy it and start thinking of a story.  In terms of the 48 Hour Film contest, it's not "SciFi", but more like, I dunno, "Disaster"?  "Comedy"?  "Adventure"? 

It was not a great sign of things to come when it got stuck in a creek on the way to Boston ...

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,556
    Steve K said:

Great video, many thanks.  I had never heard of this ... vehicle, until I saw the Poser format model.  A very high quality product from a great vendor.  So of course I had to buy it and start thinking of a story.  In terms of the 48 Hour Film contest, it's not "SciFi", but more like, I dunno, "Disaster"?  "Comedy"?  "Adventure"? 

It was not a great sign of things to come when it got stuck in a creek on the way to Boston ...

Glad you enjoyed the video! I thought you might like it.

Cybertenko made a snow cruiser. I'm not surprised! Looks good, too.

Sticking the vehicle was a bad omen, but determination overcame common sense. The effort was admirable. For 48-hour contest, could be retro sci-fi. It looks that way. You could put a laser on top. Or you could stay closer to its truth: Adventure that ends in disaster, an unintentional comedy.

I give you all the credit in the world for turning out rendered shorts in 48 hours. It's a lot to do!

Torquinox said:
    Steve K said:

I give you all the credit in the world for turning out rendered shorts in 48 hours. It's a lot to do!

They recently had an online animation contest, 48x2 Animation.  So four days but a two minute minimum (rather than the normal four minute minimum in two days  for the normal 48 Hour Film contest).  At least a little more doable. 

Steve K said:

Yes, Predatron's models have inspired me also, I have about 80.  Like "Blenworth" and "K4 Armor" used in this two minute animation "Action Figure", years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx7h419JEuE

Not much recently since like many he has stopped providing Poser format, and I have given up on DS format in Carrara.

...I bought his Overlook duf product and still haven't found a good way to work with it in Carrara :(

Torquinox said:
    Steve K said:

Cybertenko made a snow cruiser. I'm not surprised! Looks good, too.

Agreed! ...and I love Cybertenko models too! 

Torquinox said:
    Steve K said:

Yeah... me too! You Rock, SteveK!!!

Torquinox said:
    Steve K said:

Yeah... me too! You Rock, SteveK!!!

Thanks, guys.  You should be judges for the 48 Hour Film contests.  laugh