Skydome renders with grid

DekeDeke Posts: 1,613
edited December 1969 in New Users

Anyone know why? Is there a way to turn off the grid lines?

Comments

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,613
    edited December 1969

Found the answer on another thread: Turn up the Shadow Bias on the Uberenvironment. That gets rid of the lines. I want to learn more about the Uber as it's application really made a difference in the quality of the render.

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Try selecting the skydome and going to 'i think its' edit/object/convert to subD.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,523
    edited December 1969

Lowering shading rate is another thing to do to get rid of the gridlines.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I'd be interested to know of the results of these three suggestions as I get those grids myself. Are there suggested settings for shading rate and shadow bias or is that going to be scene dependent?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try shading Rate at .2 (long render times) or Shadow bias as low as it can go. My method of choice.

edited December 1969

I usually have my shadow bias at 0.1, and my shading rate at 2. I'll drop shading rate and see what that does, then try coverting to sub-d and compare results.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Shading Rate in the Render settings should never be above 1, except for a few uses. It should always go down from 1 never up. 1 then .5 then .3 .2 and so on.

edited May 2014

Ahhh...I did not know this! Thanks for that!
    Edit:
    I'll change that once this render is done...playing with AOA's volume cameras at the moment. One rule there...subtle is better. It's really easy to overwhelm a scene by a small seeming camera tweak.

Edit #2:
    I knocked shading rate down to 0.5 in both Ubersoft Master and render settings. that did the trick.

Post edited by Madbat on