Inspirational Animated Movies and Videos

167891012»

Comments

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

Excellent, great tip, thanks.  My wife & I go to the Oscar niminated short animations every year to see shorts like this.  One we really liked was "Mr. Hublot", the 2013 Oscar winner, which I've mentioned before, but in case anybody missed it:

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Mr. Hublot: Made in Belgium...wink

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,235
    DUDU said:

Mr. Hublot: Made in Belgium...wink

Great flick!

Hey, any Frank Frazetta fans? I just found this cool documentary on him

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    Diomede said:

Search for

CGI Animated Goute d'Or Short Film by Happy Flyfish
    on CGMeetup   Feb 9 2016

Well worth it.  Integration of the music is fantastic.

I really enjoyed that - a great find!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited October 2017

Since you have watched that you might have noticed... don't miss out her talk about Frank Herbert and the movie Dune!

here is her talk about Dune...

here is the intro to the 1984 movie Dune... this is very important... if explains important facts about the story...  the following scenes should show later... all are pretty short.  Better yet just read all the Dune books.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Very cool. I've seen the movie a couple times... never read the books or knew that they were so vast.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

I've read every one... and seen the 1984 movie which was spot on... the 2000 movie doesn't have very good reviews... if that is what you saw you might want to compare it to the other... I imagine the latter one misses a lot of details.  I've come to the conclusion that it may be better to see the movie first then read the book... either way they will be differ since they are for a different audience.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

2000? Was that the miniseries?  Don't really recall that. I do remember liking the 1984 movie (I was in a minority at the time - it got lambasted by the critics!)

2000? Was that the miniseries?  Don't really recall that. I do remember liking the 1984 movie 

Same here. I agree with Comic Girl 19 that HBO should do a full series on it! ;)

Too much to cover in two-ish hours

• FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455
    edited November 2017

I enjoy looking at these animation videos, thanks all for posting!

Post edited by FirePro9 on