All of my past products are now FREE

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,698

Hey there Milos,

FWIW, PwToon is a great DS shader (you prove that above!), but it does not transfer to Carrara.

Take a look at Carrara's native toon shaders, the (now free) DCG Toon-Pro shader, and/or the older but still-relevant YaToon shader - all for Carrara. Other folks may have some additional suggestions.

Also, please take a look at the amazing work in the DAZ/Carrara forum NPR thread and ask anyone there how they got certain effects. I'm sure they'll help you out - some are done in Carrara and others in Post (Topaz/PS/Gimp/etc.)

I hope this helps on your adventure!

--ms

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Back when I was still learning Carrara I asked forum members how they get space (star-filled) backgrounds and the only answer I got was to get images from Nasa.

I wanted to have 3D stars that I could manipulate in 3D space!

In making my own starry environment, it evolved into something I thought that others might really like to have, so I polished it up into something nice and presentable and sent a copy to Daz 3D to have a look at.

Next thing you know I was signing papers and becoming a Daz 3D Premier Artist! Made my Millennium!

Well, life happened and I got pulled away from product creation and eventually just closed my store at Daz 3D - but in a very friendly kind of way.

Anyway, years have gone by and it just feels right to put these things up for folks who don't have them. After all, I find them really helpful in So Many ways!

So these downloads are the official products that used to be sold at Daz 3D, as the Install Manager would download them - so if you use DIM, you can simply drop these .zip files directly into DIM's Downloads folder and run DIM (Install tab, as they've already been downloaded) to install them.

If you do it this way, the main products will appear in the Scenes browser in Carrara:

• Starry Sky - is in Space
    • EnvironKits are in Landscapes

EnvironKits will also have many other browser items, so check out the pdf included with them (they're on their respective download pages as well)

It's been a fun ride at Daz 3D and hope to get back in there some day. In the meantime I'll just keep on buying from them and making cool/fun stuff in my beloved Carrara with the help of Daz Studio!

Enjoy!

Dartanbeck

aww  badlands link 404

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,376
    Mystiarra said:

Back when I was still learning Carrara I asked forum members how they get space (star-filled) backgrounds and the only answer I got was to get images from Nasa.

In making my own starry environment, it evolved into something I thought that others might really like to have, so I polished it up into something nice and presentable and sent a copy to Daz 3D to have a look at.

Next thing you know I was signing papers and becoming a Daz 3D Premier Artist! Made my Millennium!

Well, life happened and I got pulled away from product creation and eventually just closed my store at Daz 3D - but in a very friendly kind of way.

Anyway, years have gone by and it just feels right to put these things up for folks who don't have them. After all, I find them really helpful in So Many ways!

So these downloads are the official products that used to be sold at Daz 3D, as the Install Manager would download them - so if you use DIM, you can simply drop these .zip files directly into DIM's Downloads folder and run DIM (Install tab, as they've already been downloaded) to install them.

If you do it this way, the main products will appear in the Scenes browser in Carrara:

EnvironKits will also have many other browser items, so check out the pdf included with them (they're on their respective download pages as well)

It's been a fun ride at Daz 3D and hope to get back in there some day. In the meantime I'll just keep on buying from them and making cool/fun stuff in my beloved Carrara with the help of Daz Studio!

Enjoy!

Dartanbeck

aww  badlands link 404

Check here: https://www.dartanbeck.com/gallery/downloads

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited June 2020
    mindsong said:

Hey there Milos,

FWIW, PwToon is a great DS shader (you prove that above!), but it does not transfer to Carrara.

Take a look at Carrara's native toon shaders, the (now free) DCG Toon-Pro shader, and/or the older but still-relevant YaToon shader - all for Carrara. Other folks may have some additional suggestions.

Also, please take a look at the amazing work in the DAZ/Carrara forum NPR thread and ask anyone there how they got certain effects. I'm sure they'll help you out - some are done in Carrara and others in Post (Topaz/PS/Gimp/etc.)

I hope this helps on your adventure!

--ms

Yes it does, thank You... I am set up to make that adventures actualy happen :)) again... If You can maube link those free shaders please (DCG Toon-Pro). I will try reading trough Carrara forums. Right now I have some exams at wednesday and friday and later next week one more, but I will try to do as much as I can :).

Here is the links with videos, they really work best for tutorials, I know forums and sites are also good but i just save them and watch, will have to do it too  coolyesangel https://www.youtube.com/user/Dartanbeck/videos

Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249

Sorry about that! I moved the downloads section into the gallery to help keep the site more navigable. It quickly started to get too cluttered. "downloads", per se wasn't a problem, but as I was adding other things, a reorganization was in order and this became part of the new structure.

So, for your convenience I've edited the first post with the correct links. Otherwise, just head to downloads smiley

Again, I apologize for the mixup

Dartanbeck

Thank you All for your very kind words! 

Still being an essential hero on the front lines of this COVID-19 thing is getting more and more draining. My Rosie is amazing at helping my overcome that and keeps finding new ways to get me back to Carrara so I can keep going. What a True Hero is She! I Love my Rose! heart

The rallying and rioting/looting has made my job even more difficult as supply lines are being shut down for the safety of their people. I certainly can't blame them for that, but it's making the public even more edgy, impatient and... well... grumpy.  I'm doing my best to calm the situation through sheer optimism and cheerfulness, and that's been helping! smiley

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,146
    edited June 2020

I might be interested, it looks good just need to find out all details about it, reminds me of Battletech I used to like... Right now watching this will post link at the end :) For now I have Carrara installed on my new lap top. Now I will try to download and try it, ... and I am completely new to it. Thanks again... yes Here is the video (click on picture to watch the video), mostly watching things like this :D, song is nice by Bobby Saint - Star

Err. Given how little many cheerleaders wear, the mind boggles over how much may be shown with a 'squad reveal'. cheeky One presumes NSFW.

In all honesty, I simply 'don't get' all the cheerleader stuff. If the sport is adequate, sexist fluff like skimpwear clad cheerleaders is simply not needed - even Formula 1 car racing has now come to its senses & done away with it. If the sport is inadequate, no amount of razzamatazz or skimpwear will deflect attention from the deficiencies. But I have to admit I'm not from the US & have not been embedded in the culture to understand it in relation to modern US interpretations of feminism and avoidance of female objectification.

Post edited by richardandtracy on

I, for one, love a good distraction from scantily-clad females. God did the Right Thing forming Woman! heart

Of course, it's My Beautiful, Wonderful Rose where my heart lies (and where my eyes stay firmly planted!)!

edited June 2020

Praying that things get better, here in Montenegro, Europe things are also a bit out of control, and people just a bit insecure. Site is done very well, just many thanks for all that, I have yet to go trough it and learn what I can. I hope I will be able to learn all of it. I have now exams on my faculty of management, and after that i will have to go to Belgrade to settle some paperwork after death of my father few months ago.

To be honest cheerleaders for me are the thing that makes thing a lot better in sport. Actualy best part of it. I was just worried about their safety (for example DCC have some moves that are risky and can lead to injury) but I think they are real heroes and was thinking to actualy make some renders about it. My opinion is also that girls shouldn't play manly sports and dance is just great thing for them, I also think that men should not do violent sports like box ect, even contact sports like rugby and all kind of footballs can be dangerous. And well without cheerleaders it is just not that much fun, I actualy didn't have opinion about it before watching this TV series, it actualy turns that they work really hard and all that they do is not at all simple :). Also I like NFL becuase they have more ptortection then in rugby that I played, which is I think better. Here it is btw, the point is those girls are having a tough time and people are not thinking about that mostly. Here is a vid, could talk about this a bit more but probably better not...laugh

Post edited by MilosGulan on

I wonder if there is a way for me to use these free products in DAZ Studio?  If not, I wonder if I could download a free trial version of Carrara so I could convert certain props to .OBJ or DAZ format?

Since they're free, you could just go into the zip, click your way through Carrara8.5;8 > Presets > Textures > Dartanbeck and then drag the BG folder to a location on your computer where you can access it from Daz Studio, and use those spherical maps as the Dome map in Iray.

Starry Skies is the only one that doesn't include them. Here is a spherical map you can download of Starry Skies, but it could be done (rendered) better with Carrara.

Starry Sky Spherical Map Download

edited June 2020

Ok I got everything downloaded including tutorial videos, which I have yet to watch. Thank You so much, possibility to make animation of my characters and interact with environments is really good. as I am still working with mainly G1 figures. But as I am busy now I will try to do it later and I guess I will need to learn how to do it as I am new to this all, I just hope PW Toon shaders will work :), might be complicated to make it work but I will give it a try. Here is character I am working on right now, he is Rogue Scout, Ral Clearwater, hoping to make story with few more characters including Black and White pictures. Here it is...

Very cool! I absolutely Love Carrara for animating! I like to use aniBlocks, keep parts of them and hand animate other parts.

If you find time, perhaps some of my articles can help.

This page has links to some of the ones I think might be most fun for you right now - but I'll be adding more as we go, and with videos to help.

Dartanbeck Articles

But if you're new to Carrara, I think maybe Carrara Zone might also help with even more things. It takes a little while to get used to Carrara from something else, like Daz Studio, but it just keeps getting to be more and more fun as we go!

Example: This is Carrara with over 1,000 animated Lo-Rez people (by Predatron) in a scene at one time! 

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited June 2020

Praying that things get better, here in Montenegro, Europe things are also a bit out of control, and people just a bit insecure. Site is done very well, just many thanks for all that, I have yet to go trough it and learn what I can. I hope I will be able to learn all of it. I have now exams on my faculty of management, and after that i will have to go to Belgrade to settle some paperwork after death of my father few months ago.

To be honest cheerleaders for me are the thing that makes thing a lot better in sport. Actualy best part of it. I was just worried about their safety (for example DCC have some moves that are risky and can lead to injury) but I think they are real heroes and was thinking to actualy make some renders about it. My opinion is also that girls shouldn't play manly sports and dance is just great thing for them, I also think that men should not do violent sports like box ect, even contact sports like rugby and all kind of footballs can be dangerous. And well without cheerleaders it is just not that much fun, I actualy didn't have opinion about it before watching this TV series, it actualy turns that they work really hard and all that they do is not at all simple :). Also I like NFL becuase they have more ptortection then in rugby that I played, which is I think better. Here it is btw, the point is those girls are having a tough time and people are not thinking about that mostly. Here is a vid, could talk about this a bit more but probably better not...laugh

It's a good thing that Rosie 5's a digital character, because she has been a gladiator, pitfighter and all around super hero - and she's been subject to some pretty dangerous things!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

sadly the image links are not working on some

sadly the image links are not working on some

Really? I wonder why? In my previous post, the image is a gif that may take time to load (?) Hmmm

Not to mention that the forum is loading really slowly (for me) right now sad

edited June 2020

maybe it's just Safari on ipad 

unless you deleted the upload file thumbnail then you see it others don't 

is ones in your quotes and your very first post

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Thank You, I need to get into it and will notify You of my progress. I doubt I will have time in next twenty days or so but oh well I need to graduate too. After that I will try to get to it and probably will have to make some project and plan that I should work on :)

Thank You, I need to get into it and will notify You of my progress. I doubt I will have time in next twenty days or so but oh well I need to graduate too. After that I will try to get to it and probably will have to make some project and plan that I should work on :)

yes Hey, it took me ten years to get this far. Take your time and learn at your own pace. It's less frustrating that way! wink

Nope. They're image links. Maybe it's your AV?

edited June 2020

dunno missing on PC on Chrome too, they were there originally when you posted them

5DC44956-6EFF-44AD-BF19-74807CD90254.png
    1536 x 2048 - 519K
    FE907308-03B2-49DE-9097-BD1B4A74BF2B.png
    1536 x 2048 - 597K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 760

So cool! I don't have Carrarra. Bummer.

So cool! I don't have Carrarra. Bummer.

No better time than now, especially if you're a PC+ Member!!!

Check This Out!

And this is a visual, clickable list of all of the incredible Daz 3D content that comes with Carrara 8.5 Pro! So cool!

What made me start using Carrara? Here's My Story :)

Also check out Using Genesis in Carrara

dunno missing on PC on Chrome too, they were there originally when you posted them

Hmmm... happened here too now. Could you try refreshing your browser and checking again? I tried to fix them.

Headwax said:

Oh these are such excellent products, thank you Dart

Thank You HW!!! smiley

Hmmm... happened here too now. Could you try refreshing your browser and checking again? I tried to fix them.

yes working now

Facebook does this to my image links, eventually they stop working so maybe something similar 

edited June 2020
    Mythic3D said:

Thanks so much Dart! Love your sets. I've used Starry Sky in so many images that it would harder to find ones I didn't use it in. laugh

I tend to just use bits and pieces from Woodlands, but here's a couple I really like that I made using Badlands: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/104919/ and https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/59753

So Cool! Thank you!!!

yes   Nice Renders!!!

Greymom said:

Dartanbeck:

Wow - thanks very much, these are excellent!!

Just installed Carrara on the new workstation.

Sweet! Now it's time to Play!!! wink

I think I've corrected all of the links.

Back when I was still learning Carrara I asked forum members how they get space (star-filled) backgrounds and the only answer I got was to get images from NASA.

Enjoy!

Dartanbeck

Instruction/tutorial videos and inspirational images begin in this thread and a few that follow

Mystiarra said:

Enjoy!

Dartanbeck

aww  badlands link 404

Check here: https://www.dartanbeck.com/gallery/downloads

Thanks Charlie!

yes working now

Facebook does this to my image links, eventually they stop working so maybe something similar 

Cool. Yeah, I need to find a new way to host gifs. Google+ used to work well but that's gone now. I wonder if Photos is better? I'll try that soonish

Thanks Wendy! heart