Dartanbeck's Journey - CG Filmmaking

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250

WendyLuvsCatz said:

looking cool yes

Thanks! :)

edited September 2023

Really having fun with my new tools, and these sales have been allowing me to grab more new tools and gear - so Cool!

MeshGrabber is a total Blast to use! 

It's a real bummer when a lengthy hair simulation turns out perfect except for a few frames where something goes wonky. I mean... this sort of thing is common for simulations. It happens. But with MeshGrabber, it's pretty rare for these sorts of results to force me to try and correct for the wonky part and try again, because I can simply fix the crazy part and get back on course to my new animation/simulation! Game Freaking Changer!!!

In the Golden Ticket Sale thingy, I grabbed V3Digitimes' Universal Hands and Feet Controller, and that thing is pretty sweet. not long before that I got her Wet and Tanned Skins Bundle and really like that too. So now I'm having fun looking through all of her tools. Very cool. It's a lot of fun adding helpful tools to the workflow.

I've had my nose in Carrara so long that I've completely ignored stuff made strictly for Daz Studio, so it's crazy how many of these useful tools are things I've never even heard of. 

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited September 2023

Havanalibere's animated poses are a real blast to use  - especially using my "Dynamic Character Animation" methods to change things up!

EDIT: Now I really hope that Havanalibere continues to make more diverse animations for us - keep that roll going!!!

edited September 2023

3D Universe's LimbStick is another incredible Game Changer!!!

RT8CPS_GetYerGuns01b120.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    RT8CPS_GunsRunChangeDirectionFire01a054.png
    1280 x 720 - 447K
    RT8CPS_GunsRunChangeDirectionFire01a104.png
    1280 x 720 - 383K
    RT8CPD_BFT_FreeShimmyL01a120.png
    1280 x 720 - 475K
    edited September 2023

Rosie 8 is definitely a lot of fun to work with!

See my Rosie 8 page at Dartanbeck.com

If there's any more info you'd like to know about her process on that page, let me know. 

I'll be updating it from time to time as I progress with all of this.

RT8CPS_ActionIdleA01CUa043.png
    1280 x 720 - 708K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Dartanbeck said:

Rosie 8 is definitely a lot of fun to work with!

See my Rosie 8 page at Dartanbeck.com

If there's any more info you'd like to know about her process on that page, let me know. 

I'll be updating it from time to time as I progress with all of this.

Wow, great stuff as always.  I think I was more than a month behind. 

Seems like big changes in the layout of dartanbeck.com.

Or maybe I just hadn't explored enough before.  Love how you have these menus to get

to the different program and content stuff.  Like having an area for Daz programs, and another

for rendo, but then other areas for postwork, and still more for Blender, etc.

Keep up the  great work.  You are an inspiration.  yes

Cool. I set it up like that in the beginning, actually - the menus for different "Zones" because I knew I was going to be jumping around. It's a vast place now but it's tiny compared to what it Will become!

Thanks Diomede!

You, my friend, are an inspiration! Love your threads!!!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,195
    edited September 2023
    Your efforts are stunning. And, may I comment on Rosie 8? I'm going to, anyway (sorry). You have created her so fast after your disaster, and really got the hang of getting the best out of her. You've taken all the best bits of Rosie 7, and made them better. Just.. astonishing, hope if I'm ever in the same situation I can do as well. It is also so fantastic to see a character who's not painfully over-endowed up top. It's so rare and refreshing to see an athlete (because that's what she is) with an athlete's shape everywhere that would be normally affected by the low body fat ratio associated with being an athlete. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited September 2023

Wow! Thank you So Much for the kind words!

I agree. I really like Rosie 8's new shapely form! 

RT8CPS_WalkHF2C1a214.png
    1280 x 720 - 514K
    edited September 2023

richardandtracy said:

Your efforts are stunning. And, may I comment on Rosie 8? I'm going to, anyway (sorry). You have created her so fast after your disaster, and really got the hang of getting the best out of her. You've taken all the best bits of Rosie 7, and made them better. Just.. astonishing, hope if I'm ever in the same situation I can do as well.

It also Really helps that I live with her and she's the absolute Love of my Life! I can't get over how Perfect She is for me!

I Love My Rosie!!! Forever and For True! heart

She truly is my Hero!

• Uh huh. I have a favourite character myself who is strongly reminiscent of my adored wife when we first met 33 years ago.

We've both changed a bit since, but that's how I still think of her.

Regards,

Richard.

Wow! Nice!!! 

Yes. 26 Blissfull years for us. And it just keeps getting better!

She's Beautiful, Richard!

edited September 2023

Schooled by a Master!

I was just watching "Light & Magic" on Disney +, which is a really good documentary on the life of ILM (Industrial Light & Magic) from before it began to today.

Fascinating! Absolutely Fascinating!

So much of what we can truly take for granted on our computers today are available to us because George Lucas had a vision - a vision he was willing to invest his own money into. Anyway, I'll let them tell the story.

Willow needed ILM to do something that has been done before many times, but never using a computer to do it. It's the process that takes a man and turns him into a werewolf. A process called Morfing.

Yes... Morfing!

Dennis Murin, one of the very first ILM employees, says that Morfing is spelled Morfing, and that the rest of the world has it wrong! ;)

I'm so happy to share that with everybody :)

Wow. Light & Magic alone is worth paying for Disney + for a few months!

While you're on Disney +, check out the following:

Obi-Wan Kenobi series

Ewan McGregor is Back! So is Hayden Christenson! Fantastic! Debra Chow brings us an incredible look at The Dark Times! But much more, the little girl who plays 10 yr. old Princess Leia is Superb! She looks the part and plays it better than anyone could possibly expect. Ewan's interactions with her... just a fantatsic series!

Ahsoka Tano

Of course I'm going to say that. Ahsoka's, after all, my favorite Star Wars character of all time! Rosario Dawson is Spot On as with the rest of the cast, and the flashbacks to young Ahsoka during the Clone Wars, starring Ariana Greenblatt, is magnificent! Hayden returns as both Anakin and Darth Vader in this and is Awesome! Glad to see that he's loving his character roles more than ever!

Clone Wars, Bad Batch, and Tales of The Jedi

These animated series are some of my favorite Star Wars Ever! I like all Star Wars. I do get other people's complaints and such, but that doesn't apply to me because I watch them strictly to escape and have fun - taking in beautiful, colorful art put to extraordinary sounds and sensational music. When it comes to these things, these series really do it for me! Rebels is right up there too!

edited September 2023

Of course, we can't have a gunslinger character without drawing her guns from their holsters. I actually have a few of these going for different situations.

RT8CPS_GunDrawStopLR1a085.png
    1280 x 720 - 500K
    RT8CPS_GunDrawStopLR1a090.png
    1280 x 720 - 495K
    RT8CPS_GunDrawStopLR1a098.png
    1280 x 720 - 499K
    RT8CPS_GunDrawStopLR1a160.png
    1280 x 720 - 519K
    edited September 2023

Fun news:

This Saturday I will be a special guest on the Daz+ Pro Artist Series Live Stream!

I'm really excited to be joining Jay Versluis in this fun event! 

We will share some of our animation tips and tricks covering a Lot of ground in many areas - showing how much Fun we can have Animating in Daz Studio!

Jay and I are quite good friends - this should prove to be a whole lot of fun!

Hope to see you all there! :)

Here we go!

This Saturday's Daz + Pro Artist Series Live Stream - Animation Tips with Dartanbeck

(must be a logged-in Daz + member to see it)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Great job today.  I learned a lot.  Thanks for the Brash and Moxie shout out.  Hope you and Jay pair up again.  Have nice chemistry.  yes

You liked it? Cool!

It sure is fun sharing my workflow. The actual course covers So Much More ground... but this had the interaction that I really like.

It was a real Blast hanging out with all of you! :)

Thank you all so much for coming!

• Stunning. You've got the physics sorted, including the skid. Love it.

There is only one thing that I can think of that could make it marginally more realistic & I honestly have no idea if it ever could be possible. That would be to have the steam on the right show a vortex swirl a second or so after she starts running back, closest to where her left arm swept the weapon. Not easy, and maybe not even possible. Not sure too many would actively notice its presence but I think it would make it feel marginally more real. Have to say, it'd be just tinkering around the edges because the rest is so good.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

Stunning. You've got the physics sorted, including the skid. Love it.

There is only one thing that I can think of that could make it marginally more realistic & I honestly have no idea if it ever could be possible. That would be to have the steam on the right show a vortex swirl a second or so after she starts running back, closest to where her left arm swept the weapon. Not easy, and maybe not even possible. Not sure too many would actively notice its presence but I think it would make it feel marginally more real. Have to say, it'd be just tinkering around the edges because the rest is so good.

Regards,

Richard

It's absolutely possible. You know what that steam is?

I literally threw these shots together in the two days I had to prep for the stream.

About a couple weeks ago I bought ThePhilosopher's iReal Animated Clouds (along with several other of his products) and, as a bit of a test I used joelegecko's HDRI Photoshoot #21 with just one cloud that I manipulated to be vertical instead of horizontal and rendered it to alpha all by itself. I show that by itself too, to show another way to create VFX for layering in post. 

So when I was assembling the running test over Urban Future 7 still, I added that test render of the cloud and animated it over time in Fusion. Nothing fancy, just a quick scale, translate and rotate to give the rising effect. It's actually supposed to look more in the foreground to be much affected by her running, we're actually only seeing some small wisps of the whole thing on the right. I love the idea of the swirling though and will shoot for that the next time I work on it.

The one on the left is the same one, not mirrored. We're seeing the other side as the one on the right, so it looked good without mirroring. For that one I simply lifted it up over time, scaled it way up until the bottom of it started to touch the ground, then nudged it more to the left to keep the rise somewhat consistent. Not that I had to, but I liked how that one turned out.

edited October 2023

You should check it out. I was amazed at the turnout and it was a fun time with Jay. We don't get to chat live like that... ever! So it was really fun to do so. We hung out on Zoom for nearly an hour after.

Live Stream Archive for Daz + Members

I made this one to demonstrate LimbStick. Not sure if you're familiar with it, but the original animation was "Call A Pet" from Go Figure's Everyday Motions aniBlock pack.

Love that smile she does. 

edited October 2023

Ensley's (Genesis 8F) face is fairly similar in shape to Sol's, so when I recently bought Ensley, I craked her head morph up to get that wonderful inner mouth. I really like those teeth!

I really like Ensley's materials too. But in the end, Sol's incredible materials won the day for me. I'm really happy with Rosie 8.23

Below is Sol (Left) and Ensley (Right)

When Ensley first came out, I showed her to my singer because she looks just like his daughter!

He doesn't agree. Not sure how he came to that conclusion. I mean... it's So Her!

• 'Fraid I can't check the DAZ+ stream out, not being DAZ+. I have a difficult enough time coming up with still images, doing animations is somewhat beyond me at the moment.

Your second little video is really special. Not doing much, but doing it so well.

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,539
    edited October 2023

I like the run,  slide to a stop, and then reverse run back example video above.  The foot plants are impresively precise.  

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • David RDavid R Posts: 228

Dartanbeck said:

You should check it out. I was amazed at the turnout and it was a fun time with Jay. We don't get to chat live like that... ever! So it was really fun to do so. We hung out on Zoom for nearly an hour after.

Live Stream Archive for Daz + Members

I made this one to demonstrate LimbStick. Not sure if you're familiar with it, but the original animation was "Call A Pet" from Go Figure's Everyday Motions aniBlock pack.

Love that smile she does. 

Are you using Dforce hair?  If not, how do you get it to bounce so realistically?