SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited September 2018

So, you color it in, essentially, using differernt layers. You can eventually lower the opacity of the original black layer, and get a more 'colorized' sketch type of feel. By using Overlay with a black paint brush and a white paintbrush, you can enhance shadow areas and highlight areas.

This is just a quick thing, but its meant to show what you can do with studio if you want to move away from using a straight render, and instead use it for the basis for a painted work.

sketch.JPG
    1226 x 707 - 90K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Well here is my contribution to the awesomeness that is the cyberpunk 2047 outfit. Boyd and.... Boyd...... I found it you reversed the crotch adjust 2 morph to negative 100 you got some great male coverage in the elements region. I made the pose 'cause I couldn't find a good 'twins' pose in my runtime.

Great render! I also gave the image some "love" in your gallery.

Trish

• Thanks! Glad you like that Boyd image. =-)

edited September 2018

I'm kind of fascinated by the gobo light effects. My inability to control them though, does sometimes frustrate me.

owendayjob.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    edited September 2018

SN Grooms

This is undergoing testing, so I will be correcting some things.

This is a minipack (I will cetainly add more  later), for Michael 8 and Michael 8 marriage.

Included:

1. Vows

2. Marital Kiss

3. Toast (requires champage/glasses)

4. Showing ring (Requires a wedding ring).

5. Over the threshold

6. And cake eating.

Now, get your tuxedos ready, and have fun getting your guys hitched. =-)

poses.JPG
    296 x 552 - 47K
    edited September 2018

Skater King is now live in my freebie section. I went with kind of a retro look for this. Yeah, I was born in the 70's.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=723333

image_79991.jpg
    800 x 914 - 437K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

exellect style

• Skater King is now live in my freebie section. I went with kind of a retro look for this. Yeah, I was born in the 70's.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=723333

I can hear "Boogie Nights" playing in the background when I look at this. Nice job!

edited September 2018

Yes, my 70's roots do occasionally show.

I picked up Second Story Passage, and its another set with odd proportions. First, at zero, your character loads in weird locale unfinished part of the set with his feet in the floor and the wall obscuring the camera.

If I zoom out, I can see where my character actually is....  What is the advantage of placing a character down in an unfinished empty room?

Finally, I just move the whole building so my character is on the second floor where the action is... But uh oh.... Everything is huge, and that doork

nob is made for someone much bigger than Mike 8!

The problem with set design is, that it seems I'm supposed to move my character around this set, but I don't like to do that. I'd rather have my character at zero, and have zero be where the action is. If I move the set, then the cameras and everything aren't moved to go with it. If I move my character, I have to do it all manually and the chances of feet sinking in the ground and the lighting being offf...

Further, it looks like when I shrink the set down to make the doorknob lower, then the hallway is narrower than I want, and its hard to get a shot.

defualt.JPG
    683 x 689 - 54K
    screenshot2.JPG
    675 x 675 - 67K
    screenshot3.JPG
    673 x 672 - 73K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

People had a problem with the scaling of Modern Washroom by the same artist. Why isn't Daz QA checking the scale of items they put in the store.?

If you want to move your set and cameras and lights all at the same time, create a new group and add them to the group. Then move the group and everything will move together. If you are looking through the camera in the group, you can't even tell that anything moved, because the camera's view relative to the scene elements is unchanged (i.e.. it is still focused on the same elements in the scene).

edited September 2018

Ah... thanks I didn’t know you could parent the camera to the set. This one I think I will return though. It’s not scaled for Daz figures.

i gave the first a pass since I figure the pa was new but since this is a trend I’m returning both.

I would buy a set like this for ease of use....  but I don’t want to labor over a tiny room like this

plus it’s a peeve of mine to have the default location world zero be uninteresting or unfinished. That should be a nice area the customer would want to render. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Ah... thanks I didn’t know you could parent the camera to the set. This one I think I will return though. It’s not scaled for Daz figures.

i gave the first a pass since I figure the pa was new but since this is a trend I’m returning both.

I would buy a set like this for ease of use....  but I don’t want to labor over a tiny room like this

plus it’s a peeve of mine to have the default location world zero be uninteresting or unfinished. That should be a nice area the customer would want to render. 

Give Daz all this feedback when you return the items. 

• ButchButch Posts: 797
    Finally, I just move the whole building so my character is on the second floor where the action is... But uh oh.... Everything is huge, and that doork

nob is made for someone much bigger than Mike 8!

Some typos do make me laugh  cheeky

• Oops...  well... oh well. wink

• I really need a good tuxedo for the guys, has anyone been successful kitbashing one?

edited September 2018

Owen gets carried around a lot, so this time it's Boyd's turn. This is a pose of mine I am trying out.

Owen's jeans are very nice. I don't think I've ever rendered them before but they fit nicely, with a modern low rise, and slight boot cut by Nikisatez... Chilled out outfit. Worth checking out, and they converted well to Gen 8 Male using the new converter tool. I like that style very much, and there is some nice detail on them, and the textures are excellent.

Boyd has on Chill Clothes. I like the tailoring on this set, and those glasses are great. I just made them clear instead of sunglasses using the glass thin and clear shader. I originally wasn't going to buy this set, because it looks like a lot of other sets I own, but after using it, it's clear the tailoring is better than most. I like the fact that when the leg bends, there isn't lots of fabric to deal with. The rubber on his boots is nice.... But someone must scrub them to keep them THAT clean. =-) As far as the textures go, I think that's this set's weakness. I think it needs some splashier textures to get noticed.

pose.png
    1400 x 1600 - 3M
    edited September 2018

Here's another pose. Yeah... I know the socks are black. The tux used to be black too, so it would've matched if I hadn't changed to the powder blue at the last minute. I can only surmise that something happened to both sets of white socks. I really like the powder blue tux. And the nice pleats in the shirt- look very neat. So far, the classic tuxedo for G3M is the one I use the most. It looks the most 'real' to me.

pose (2).png
    1400 x 1600 - 4M
    edited September 2018

More guys at the beach with bikes.... Just messing around with poses....

biked.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
    bike-agains.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    bike.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • I keep thinking that one wrong twist and that Coppertone bottle is going to pop right out!

Definitely some sexy, fun-in-the-sun images here!

• Yeah I tried to move the bottle from the back to the side but there was only so much dforce and collision would suffer. Someone needs to make some shorts you can hook props to like sunglasses and lotion in the back pocket.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Yeah I tried to move the bottle from the back to the side but there was only so much dforce and collision would suffer. Someone needs to make some shorts you can hook props to like sunglasses and lotion in the back pocket.

You could try one of the cargo shorts outfits for that, like Just Josh (would need to be transferred to G8) or Leisure Sports Outfit. Not exactly sexy, though.

• I think I have just josh. I will see how it looks. I tend to find the cargo shorts have these wide legs... I will see how that one looks.

edited September 2018

Boyd and Owen make a toast... =-)

1.png
    2000 x 1400 - 4M
  • ButchButch Posts: 797

I think I have just josh. I will see how it looks. I tend to find the cargo shorts have these wide legs... I will see how that one looks.

Also, for old fashioned dynamic cargo shorts, there's "dynamic-casuals-for-genesis-2-male" by simonwm. 

• Those look nice. I really like that render. ==-)

I admit I'm somewhat curious about this product. https://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-modern-clothes-for-hercules-and-swole-7

I think i may just pick it up and see if I can make it work. I like the look of som of the clothing.

edited September 2018

I had some trouble wtih this one. That glass really distorted Owen. Even dialing down the refraction made him really thick. I had to move him super close to the the tube edge, but he's still quite big and thick.

quarantine.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • Keep up with all the awesomeness .. love your work, love your stories. You're very helpful too. Thanks!

• Thanks IllysArt! =-) I appreciate the nice feeback.

edited September 2018

I really like the new Street Bike CF120  but it had no rider pose, so I made one. Its for Michael 8.

There is a pipe on one side, that may cause conflicts with some characters. I would've tried for a second rider on the backseat, but the pipe is too big and sticks out in such a way towards the shin the rider can't get his foot on the pedal. The bike is too small for M8, and must be resized. I went with 123.6 percent. The poses is free for commercial use, no attribution needed. enjoy. There is no pose for Genesis 8 female. She has plenty of stuff already. cheeky

zip
    zip
    SN-Vehicle Poses.zip
    Bike.png
    800 x 800 - 782K
  • I had some trouble wtih this one. That glass really distorted Owen. Even dialing down the refraction made him really thick. I had to move him super close to the the tube edge, but he's still quite big and thick.

While perhaps not aesthetically pleasing, the glass should be distorting him. Remember how bloated Luke looked in the bacta tank?

This discussion has been closed.