SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited July 2018

Boyd blows his hair dry with a little help.

I wanted to try a blowdrying pose, but found my hair choices didn't really have much in the way of wind velocity.

So I chose a different hair which sort of matches Boyds existing style. The strands were a bit thick, so i made the whole painting a bit more painterly. Slosh has some nice hair salon products

I'm not sure how Boyd is getting anything done in the grooming department with that assistant. wink

Boyd has always enjoyed his maintenance periods as special time with Owen. After a grueling day, having your systems checked, getting all polished, and chit-chatting with Owen was time he got to be more alone with his favorite guy and probably was designed to meet some psychological needs of human closeness which brains don't get.    It doesn't help that Owen was particularly good at making Boyd robotic bodies look great due to his years working in Grandad's shop. Boyd of course can maintain himself, but it is one of the things good Prime's do for their Alphas- take care of their maintenance needs so they are ready to rest in the night and be deployed in the morning. 

Now that Boyd is in a human body he is trying to prove that he can do all human things well!  So he prefers that Owen think he's independant and not a dependant Brain..  But I think he misses that particular facet of their former relationship.

Owen and Boyd return this shopping cart left outside their apartment in an unconventional way. =-)

When I saw all these pics with "people in shopping carts"  I thought- How cute. I'm going to have to try that.

There was even a shopping cart kiss.

I found the shopping cart challenging especially since I didn't want to have Owen riding in it...  he gets carried around enough as the shorter member of the duo. So its definitely Boyd's turn this go around.

My initial render, was rejected because the original shoes I had chosen had just these plain white soles. I had to go back and switch shoes, because from this angle, blank soles just looked funky.

Very dynamic posing there (Owen's posture and legs are really welll done there). That Frenchie better watch out for the wheels, though.

The frenchie was a last minue add-on. I was originaly going to fit him on Boyd's lap but Boyd barely fits in the cart, so the frenchie was running beside them. I then decided to try the leash, and its very tight. I found the leash hard to pose... I would've definitely preferred an easy pose leash. Maybe someone will make one!

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited July 2018

Here are a couple test images of the underside. Its a pretty large environement, so after these took a while to render, I ran scene optimizer on it. You can't tell much difference at all in the textures but it was less overpowering to my computer in the viewport.

boyd.png
    1400 x 1600 - 5M
    underground.png
    1400 x 1600 - 4M
  • SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

This is the outfit without the coat with and without the cape. Different accessories could be used quite easily to give these outfits either a futuristic or fantasy flair. I like that the tunics have different geometric patterns and the buttons are nice accents. The cloth hangs well on the cape and I think for this outfit, dforce makes a lot of sense. There is enough draped cloth to really show it off. But, I also must say the outfit looks pretty nice without it as well.

That looks so much better tha it did in the promos! I don't usually like it when the cloth hugs the chest area, but it actually looks great here, showing off those six packs!

• ButchButch Posts: 797

I should probably visit more often - 673 posts, since my last visit and I'm somewhat overwhelmed surprise 

The Star Commander outfit would could do with a few sheer mesh panels, if material zones are agreeable, for warm weather comfort wink

Yes, I think star commander looks like it could really be useful kitbashed. Hadn't thought of a mesh fabric, may have to check that out!! =-)

Okay time for a render challenge folks. Show me pics of your favorite character taking a nap. =-) You know you can do it. Impress me.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Okay time for a render challenge folks. Show me pics of your favorite character taking a nap. =-) You know you can do it. Impress me.

Well, how about just after being woke from a nap? I was already working on that but am having difficulty finding the old Poser-era tents in my DAZ Studio again. I'm not sure if I got them with Poser Pro 2014 or is I got them in one on my DAZ 3D Store purchases but I can't find them again.

Sounds good to me! Go forth and make sleep-like imagery. =-)

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    edited July 2018

I'll rise to that challenge smiley

Couldn't let your idea go so had to stop what I was doing and do this. I'm still working on this character but he's close enough

SN Chall.png
    1110 x 873 - 2M
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on

Wow. Beautiful Meg. Love the lighting on the pillow... .And the way he is sleeping so peacefully. Perfect in all ways! =-)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Here are a couple test images of the underside. Its a pretty large environement, so after these took a while to render, I ran scene optimizer on it. You can't tell much difference at all in the textures but it was less overpowering to my computer in the viewport.

I love the camera viewpoint on this one. I feel like I'm getting ready to go down the stairs myself. 

edited July 2018

Okay, so on the topic of women's clothing that may work on the men, here is: https://www.daz3d.com/jogging-bodysuit-for-genesis-8-female-s

I actually think this is rather sexy! And, it goes on nicely over the anatomical elements with smoothing turned on!  And, the bonus? There is a morph so you can breast feed without removing the outfit as both sides of the top come down. That is what its for right? wink

I discovered if you unlock parameters on the breast option for the unitard, you can dial it negative and pull it back so it looks more halter-like.

This was a good deal for 6 bucks in todays sale.

jogging.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Novica said:

I love the camera viewpoint on this one. I feel like I'm getting ready to go down the stairs myself. 

Yes, I thought that turned out quite dramatic.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Hmm.. I can never decide who my favourite is. I did a sleepy Dimi a long time ago: http://fav.me/d7qcjbo

And a dreaming Calion: http://fav.me/dbfojr8

I might try to sneak up on some other unexpecting sleeping character soon..

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,563

Owen is looking particularly badass to me in this set.

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,563

Okay, so on the topic of women's clothing that may work on the men, here is: https://www.daz3d.com/jogging-bodysuit-for-genesis-8-female-s

I actually think this is rather sexy! And, it goes on nicely over the anatomical elements with smoothing turned on!  And, the bonus? There is a morph so you can breast feed without removing the outfit as both sides of the top come down. That is what its for right? wink

I discovered if you unlock parameters on the breast option for the unitard, you can dial it negative and pull it back so it looks more halter-like.

This was a good deal for 6 bucks in todays sale.

Not bad. I've had pretty good luck, too, with using Lilflame's stuff on the boys.

Its an odd phenomenon but when Owen wears his uniform he looks very tough. I think its the beret. Out of his uniform he tends to look kinda boy next door for some reason. Perhaps because he looks short conpared to Boyd so he looks cute, rather than tough.

Boyd tends to look similar in and out of uniform. A pretty, tall blonde dude.

mori_mann said:

Hmm.. I can never decide who my favourite is. I did a sleepy Dimi a long time ago: http://fav.me/d7qcjbo

And a dreaming Calion: http://fav.me/dbfojr8

I might try to sneak up on some other unexpecting sleeping character soon..

Great job! I see why you can't decide. They are both very nice! =-)

• I think that's the only sleepy/napping image I did (years ago!) :

• ButchButch Posts: 797

I do have a sleeping pc from long, long ago.  Cuddly comes to mind.

Bedtime Bruce - DZ - sig.jpg
    1560 x 1200 - 1M
    Butch said:

I do have a sleeping pc from long, long ago.  Cuddly comes to mind.

Aww... Look at how sweet that is. Love the expression, and the way his pecs look, and his striped ticked pillow cases. =) The only thing better than one butch guy, is more than one butch guy! wink

I think that's the only sleepy/napping image I did (years ago!) :

Looks great. Look at that, and his awesome kitty y and girly mag too. =-) heh.

edited July 2018

Heres' some new friends for Boyd.

On the left is Bernat and in the center is CC Foster. I have to say I like the shape Foster's pecs a lot, and he's got very cool knees. Included with him are some nice custom bodyhairs.

quick.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M

I was looking at Foster, but in the first promo for him, the pores on his forehead look kind of strange- was it just the lighting? How do you like his skin close up?

That body hair does look fantastic!

edited July 2018

Up close his eyelashes are really good, as are the eye colors. He's got some exfoliating to do on his cheeks as there are some slight pores, but not full on blackheads, which I don't like. and a scar on his lower lip. On his forehead there are some wrinkles, and he has hair follicles where his scalp hair should be.

On his neck  I notice some larger patches of skin which are shiny like scar tissue, but could be the lighting.

His overall shape is a bit stylized. His waist is quite narrow for the width and shape of his upper body, which gives him a slightly comic book proportioned appearence. His pecs are perfect, and his knees are more scultpted and I like that.

Here's a quick render.  To me, his skin looks like a fair-haired skin similar to the royal family.

clowsup.png
    1400 x 1600 - 4M
    edited July 2018

Continuing on the theme of Female outfits on Male characters, a online friend of mine recommended this one and I think it looks great. Its the Exoline outfit, boot, and accessories https://www.daz3d.com/exoline-undergarments-for-genesis-8-female-s and https://www.daz3d.com/exoline-boots-and-accessories-for-genesis-8-female-s  both ar presently on sale. It was pointed out to me that the shirt has baked in nipples, and so I lifted it up so this was less obvious. This would make a nice futuristic clubbing outfit.

ler, so

boyd.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Up close his eyelashes are really good, as are the eye colors. He's got some exfoliating to do on his cheeks as there are some slight pores, but not full on blackheads, which I don't like. and a scar on his lower lip. On his forehead there are some wrinkles, and he has hair follicles where his scalp hair should be.

On his neck  I notice some larger patches of skin which are shiny like scar tissue, but could be the lighting.

His overall shape is a bit stylized. His waist is quite narrow for the width and shape of his upper body, which gives him a slightly comic book proportioned appearence. His pecs are perfect, and his knees are more scultpted and I like that.

Here's a quick render.  To me, his skin looks like a fair-haired skin similar to the royal family.

That's some painstating texture work done on that model.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822
    edited July 2018

Foster does look interesting, although I'd probably want to use Shape Shift or something to make him a bit less wasp-waisted. And those clothes look like they could be workable as well -- although I think I only have one or two characters who would ever wear them.

Post edited by vwrangler on

Fosters body hair is very nice and I have already started using this creators bodyhair products because they are finer and don’t hover over the body. I think adjusting the waist a bit probably would be good. His head might also need to be a touch smaller and his thighs a bit bigger considering how buff he is above the navel. Those are my taste preferences though...l I am curious how the shape blends with other shaped males. Definitely a keeper

Thanks for all the info on Foster, that skin does look wonderful.

That outfit does look ready for clubbing, but then, Boyd seems to look good in everything.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

Foster is definitely a keeper-CC did a great job on him.  I haven't mixed him with others yet, but I'm sure he'd make a good gene mixer with various percentages.  I do enjoy seeing your experimentation with kitbashing and converting female clothing over.  I had so much fun doing that before becoming a PA when I had club gear I wanted for the guys that didn't have any.  Really liked that underside-great POV and really well done lighting Serene

This discussion has been closed.