SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

I would agree that I don't see much of a difference. Owen seems overall a bit pinked up and he has a touch of that "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" look that I've noticed with some of the Altern8 examples I've seen.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I think Altern8 probably works best on characters that have too much deep salmon orange and deep pink in those transmit colors near the bottom of the G8 Surfaces. Those are the one's I'm usually adjusting.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

I would agree that I don't see much of a difference. Owen seems overall a bit pinked up and he has a touch of that "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" look that I've noticed with some of the Altern8 examples I've seen.

I missed the Rudolph nose, becasue I just looked quickly at the overall tone. Yeah, that is not an improvement.

• ArkadySkiesArkadySkies Posts: 206

The overhead lighting may be drawing extra attention to the noses' redness. Aside from that issue, the specular highlights and translucency look more natural with Altern8's settings.

I think Altern8 probably works best on characters that have too much deep salmon orange and deep pink in those transmit colors near the bottom of the G8 Surfaces. Those are the one's I'm usually adjusting.

From looking at other images, I think I’d have to agree with you about the shader fixing some of the more orange toned characters. Serene’s boys already looked darn good to begin with. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Heh, well, Owen and Boyd are certainly not those colors. Boyd sometimes achieves Oompa Loompa orange in certain images, but not Salmon. =-)

Very accurate description. I don't mind it in the ears, but the nose is a different matter. I will see how it looks on just Boyd since he's darker it might not be... As obvious.

From looking at other images, I think I’d have to agree with you about the shader fixing some of the more orange toned characters. Serene’s boys already looked darn good to begin with. 

Aww thanks.

One thing I do see is the shader is making Boyd's odd arm's skin discrepency a little more noticible in certain lights. For some reason the texture of Boyds arms has looked unmatched in certain lights. I don't know why, something to do with how the character is made.

I do agree that Owen looks pinker. And since, he's supposed to be rather alabaster pale its not quite right... He looks too normal HAH.  I will mess around and see how I like it just on Boyd for now.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited April 2018

Well the red nose effect is good for when you need a make the character look extremely drunk, be a lifetime drunk, or have a cold or something. Also the red nose is often used in toons and stylized caricatures. It's there in real life but exaggerating it is not the effect most people go for. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

I don’t mind the red nose if it can be enabled and disabled. It might be appropriate for sick, sunburned, or crying characters. I just don’t want it on every character or they start to look Samey. Boyd’s red nose should not look like Owen’s red nose... etc.

There are several artist who tend to illustrate all their characters with reddish nose.. so it is a thing I see Artwise... it can give the character a cute quality..

edited April 2018

Okay, here is the new winter clothing outfit. The male version comes in 3 colors and has a morph to pull down the hood. The colors are dark gray, bright orange and white. To me the orange looks yellow, and the dark gray, almost black, but you get the picture.

I think its a nice set. Definitely worth it- even though the triangle symbols remind me a bit of Aol's logo... (Remember that?) Anyway I  did get 2 crashes while rendering it though.

My renders were further hampered by poses where one foot was not touching the ground. I don't think some vendors understand how neccessary flat feet are to using HDRI.

front.png
    700 x 800 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on

Suits look good on the boys. Darn it...I guess I'll be picking up that set today. 

Could you please stop making things look so fine? My wallet could use the break.

I aim to please.... :-) The set looks useful. Could be a motorbike outfit, generic sci-fi or a colonist outfit. I think some texture add one would be nice too. The white could possibly be colored using the diffuse as well. 

Could be a motorbike outfit, generic sci-fi or a colonist outfit. 

As someone who rides frequently in inclement weather, that was the first thought I had when I saw the suit (less the boots).

edited April 2018

I  kind of think it should be thicker and more insulated to be contemporary cold weather gear. But I have seen ski outfits this thin...l like it though.

edited April 2018

Boyd with one of the other textures for the Tactical Assault outfit, plus sunglasses from:  Eyewear Pack 2.0 - Trilogy

urban.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited April 2018

Owen saves a starfish from getting too dried out....This is my more retro painterly style.

freedom3.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Both those pics look great, the starfish one made me go "aawww"  it's so cute of him wanting to save it :)

Boyd with one of the other textures for the Tactical Assault outfit, plus sunglasses from:  Eyewear Pack 2.0 - Trilogy

Everything about this just screams Los Angeles 2070 (or whatever year in the future it is). Bright, hot sun, skyscrapers and, of course, Boyd.

Heh that sounds about right. =-) Boyd takes full advantage of his bio-engineered hotbody. Although he is the first to admit it has some limitations compared to his drone body.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

Everything about this just screams Los Angeles 2070 (or whatever year in the future it is). Bright, hot sun, skyscrapers and, of course, Boyd.

Yah, Boyd! Woo Hoo.

edited April 2018

Boyd carries Owen out of a dangerous situation. As usual I like to flood scenes. Daz studio crashed twice, rendering this. =-(

This is NOT the reunion Boyd had hoped for.

CARRY2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530

That is very dramatic. It tells such a story.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited April 2018

Boyd carries Owen out of a dangerous situation. As usual I like to flood scenes. Daz studio crashed twice, rendering this. =-(

This is NOT the reunion Boyd had hoped for.

What an amazing render! You can feel the tension and concern Boyd has for Owen.

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
    illysArt said:

That is very dramatic. It tells such a story

Thank you. =-)

What an amazing render! You can feel the tension and concern Boyd has for Owen.

Trish

Thanks you! Becoming human is hard for Boyd. In addition to getting a human body, and all the ensuing confusing emotions, and hormones, he's taking the lead in other areas and proving to be quite capable.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Boyd carries Owen out of a dangerous situation. As usual I like to flood scenes. Daz studio crashed twice, rendering this. =-( This is NOT the reunion Boyd had hoped for.

That is a really impressive scene! Beautifully put together and done.

... I realize that Owen is naturally very pale, but between the pallor and the angle of his head, he does look like he's come down with an unfortunate case of death, there.

I wondered if I should move his head. I rerendered with it twisted more frontward, and it look less dramatic but more natural. Let me know if this looks better.... I haven't done anything else, really,...

carry01.png
    1400 x 1600 - 4M
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

That does look better in my opinion, he look less dead like that, more uncouncious (and I likely spelled that wrong lol) The angle of the head was the only thing that bugged me with your first version I have to admit, loving the new version!

okay, well, I shall re-photoshop it tonight. Thanks for the feedback. =-)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

I wondered if I should move his head. I rerendered with it twisted more frontward, and it look less dramatic but more natural. Let me know if this looks better.... I haven't done anything else, really,...

I agree, that does look much better!

If anyone gets the new business suit let me know if the neck tie can move. 

edited April 2018

Here we go. I added a bit of a bloody nose and cut lip Courtesy of Wound Makeup artist.

CARRY5.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
This discussion has been closed.