The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Wonderfully sunny here today, have been dozing in the sun amongst the flowers in my garden, their scent is a perfect sedative :)

gardens is good stuff.
    If I tried that around here the skitters would pick me up and carry me off to eat at thier leasure.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

1330 here on a sunny Friday afternoon, you can almost hear spring knocking on tomorrow's door :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    edited December 1969

I had a story idea at work, but now I am at home, I want to install content so I have some more stuff to render.

edited December 1969

Wish I could render something that smells as good as it does in my garden today. Wow there was an owl on my back fence last night, it looked huge in the shadows.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Wish I could render something that smells as good as it does in my garden today. Wow there was an owl on my back fence last night, it looked huge in the shadows.

I do not think any of the render machines can render smells into the images. Having smells in the images could be a bad thing, what about those zombie renders

Or a plate of fresh out of the oven cookies render might tempt someone on their diet.

edited August 2012

It would be an odorama I guess, kind of like a smelly diorama :) In Futurama Farnsworth invents a smell-o-scope, perhaps that would be the way to go :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited August 2012

Mmm... I remember in Age of Wonders if you attacked an overworld location like a Critter Lair or a Crypt it would bring you into a maze-like cave or dungeon respectively. The beasts would randomly be placed inside, with some patrolling others just remaining still.
    In "Find the treasure" locations, that would be placed somewhere as well. And you could always flee by telling your units to go to the exit (Where you spawn at).
    Was a lot of fun.
    Age of Wonders 2 kept this... To an extent... But assaulting map locations wasn't as unique or fun anymore. It'd be a big empty space filled randomly with terrain and features from whatever tile the location was on (Swamp, barrens, water, etc) but there was no "dungeon" anymore. Ruins/Castles were reduced to that as well, although they had this neat Animate Dead feature which made things difficult by constantly reviving the corpses of both sides (And then turning them against you) throughout the battle with no way to suppress or dispel it.

Attacking cities wasn't as fun anymore either - they seemed more like cities in the first game :(
    On the flip side, you can attack them without battering rams or other wall-crushing units now - even if they're undefended! Units can attack gates now.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

*sigh* Was a pretty cute picture of a none too happy dragon with a birthday hat strapped to her snout I found so long ago, now I can't find it.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

6:30AM. Coffee in one hand, roast beef wrap in the other.. because I forgot to get breakfast goodies yesterday.

Going to be smoking hot today, argh. I hope to get home before I melt! The damnbus (yes, all one word) was late yesterday so I got to sit n the heat for 35 minutes. At least I had shade, and was near a McDonalds in case of a food emergency. I need a new hat, mine is falling apart and running around in the Texas heat without a hat is stupid and hazardous.

Shopping today, errands tomorrow. Hide at home all day Sunday. I think I'm finally catching up on my groceries! Just can't have corn or peas, they both have lots of SUGAR and that's verboten. Beans have carbs but digest slow so no blood sugar spiking, which is good as I like beans! Well, except for the side effects...

Just one more week until I get the i7 laptop! Then one week after that for the i5 ePubloishing system! Then... broke. Stay home and render time.

Anime Studio Pro has some thought/word balloons but nowhere near as many as Comic Life, so it looks like that'll be my next puchase for sure, unless I can find something for Anime Studio Pro. Urgh, too much software!

Need Manga Shaders for DS4.5, and my Atmospheric Camera back! Hurry up Daz!

Time to pack up and go to work, earn more laptop money. Blech, I really want to stay home and sleep. Life is tough all over.

edited December 1969

Creepy! :ohh: The factory floor is EMPTY - no workers - the whole line is shut down! It was Twilight Zone...

They're working on the electrical system on the factory floor so nobody came in today, but we Engineering folks have to. So, in the whole building, there are maybe 20 people. It's weird.. silent.. except for the cursing of my co-workers. And my muttering to myself.

Today is WRITE HELP DOCUMENTATION day! Yes, the Wooly One does it all - design, implement, debug, package, ship, and WRITE HELP. It's why I love working at a small place, I get something new every day... :roll:

I wonder if there's an aphid model? I could use a giant aphid.. I'll check Rendo.

*chugs coffee to stay awake*

edited December 1969

Bugs bugs bugssssss! Got a better tarantula and scorpion from Rendo, a power plant, a few high-rises and some TVC-related stuff as well.

Boring at work.. quiet.. writing Windows HELP files and wishing it were next Friday! I want my new laptop, dag nab it!

At least the chassis for my backup drive arrived, time to have my friend Anket put it together for me! He's a nice guy, college CS student, loves to tinker.. for cheap he'll do assembly work for me. Whew! That'll give me a 640GB external USB drive and I can finally back up my Asus machine.

Slowly but surely things move ahead. Mostly slowly. :smirk:

edited December 1969

Midnight here, dark but not so scary :) There is a pale-eyed owl in my backyard again, I guess that's why I'm not seeing so many rats around the place any more :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Midnight here, dark but not so scary :) There is a pale-eyed owl in my backyard again, I guess that's why I'm not seeing so many rats around the place any more :)

did the owl bring your mail? :)

edited August 2012

Well the mail appears in the mailbox every afternoon, have no reason not to think the owl delivers it I guess :) BTW am I right in thinking CMYK has a slightly smaller colour gamut than RGB? ( on the CIE diagrams I remember CMYK has round edged tri's, while the RGB tri's are pointy ) eta n/m google waz friends

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Oooh, I love owls! We don't get many in town, but we've had the occasional hawk and falcon. Avian raptors RULE!!!

They scare off the snakes, though. :down:

edited December 1969

Too quick in the dark for me to get a good look at, but big pale yellow eyes glinting in moonlight are a standout in the shadows :)

edited December 1969

Friday complaints, just because, you know, I feel like I'm overdue or something!

- Foot is still sore after all this time
    - I'm falling asleep
    - Too much content to install
    - Too many ideas to manifest
    - Too much shopping to do
    - Too hot outside to go outside
    - DS4.5 RC3 doesn't have plugins that I need updated
    - Posing figures in Carrara is a pain compared to DS or Poser
    - Cinema4D Broadcast is too expensive
    - Lightwave isn't that much cheaper
    - PPro 2012 upgrade is $199
    - Hardware is too expensive

Non-complaints:

- Poser models are really affordable compared to how bad it could be
    - DS4.5 RC3 is pretty stable for me
    - At least I have a job and can afford to buy new hardware
    - Chicken wings and sauce are CHEAP
    - A whole cut-up chicken is CHEAP
    - Whole wheat flatbread tastes good and is lower carb than regular bread
    - I have all the bugs I can find, and use
    - Not going out is saving me big piles of money
    - Not drinking booze is saving me big piles of money
    - Quitting diet soda and diet tea is saving me.. well, you get the idea

I think that covers it all, for now.

edited December 1969

you gave up diet tea?

i can down a whole pitcher of iced tea in an afternoon. ;) especially if it has some magick peach schnapps to liven it up.

complaints:
    - can'tz remember the last time i wrote a Stored Procedure. ugh
    - i have to lift my glasses every time i read from a printed spreadsheet and then drop them on my nose again to type spreadsheet info on my monitor. iz dizzy-fying.
    - corporate app doesn't have a save to excel or csv option. print to pdf - save to doc is a mess
    - lunch wagon didn't come for breakfast or lunch today.
    - i want a new studly male wm figure. or finish one before i expire. and a new bf before the cobwebs become stuck there
    - being good and haz no cake, candy, or cookies. wantzzzz
    - createspace currently has a 40mb upload file size limit for covers.

non-complaints:
    - the famine is almost over and my next paycheck is due in a few days. :lol:
    - the price of ISBNs has come down through the new bowker identifier site.
    - no cake, candy, or cookies makes my head un-confunded. might actually be able to get stuff done.
    - createspace has upped their file upload size for interiors to 400mb. used to be a 100mb.

edited August 2012

you gave up diet tea?

i can down a whole pitcher of iced tea in an afternoon. ;) especially if it has some magick peach schnapps to liven it up.

complaints:
    - can'tz remember the last time i wrote a Stored Procedure. ugh
    - i have to lift my glasses every time i read from a printed spreadsheet and then drop them on my nose again to type spreadsheet info on my monitor. iz dizzy-fying.
    - corporate app doesn't have a save to excel or csv option. print to pdf - save to doc is a mess
    - lunch wagon didn't come for breakfast or lunch today.
    - i want a new studly male wm figure. or finish one before i expire. and a new bf before the cobwebs become stuck there
    - being good and haz no cake, candy, or cookies. wantzzzz
    - createspace currently has a 40mb upload file size limit for covers.

non-complaints:
    - the famine is almost over and my next paycheck is due in a few days. :lol:
    - the price of ISBNs has come down through the new bowker identifier site.
    - no cake, candy, or cookies makes my head un-confunded. might actually be able to get stuff done.
    - createspace has upped their file upload size for interiors to 400mb. used to be a 100mb.

I was drinking enough diet tea that I was getting concerned about overloading on aspartame! unsweet tea+ lemon or lime (or both!) works a treat. :coolsmile:

Some complaint-worthy complaints there! :ohh:

Just finished my sugar-free Jello. It looks like HEB has stopped carrying it, too.. might have to make my own. Sigh.

3 hours 15 minutes until the weekend starts!!! :coolcheese: Bugs, bugs, bugs! :snake:

*edit* I just found several places online that sell fruit extracts that are sugar-free! Apricot unsweet tea, anyone? :)

Post edited by Woolyloach on
    edited December 1969

apricot snow cones?!

edited December 1969

apricot snow cones?!

Certainly possible. The extract would need to be diluted, though. But it could be sugar-free if you wanted.

A snow cone would be nice right now, it's hella hot outside and I have to leave to catch the bus in 45 minutes. Ugh.

edited December 1969

Morning. Gentle rain and lead-grey sky outside my window, tin and tiles of city roofs presenting slick and sparkly in the pale dawn :)

edited December 1969

random: been using Fenric's Carrara MDD exporter with Lightwaves's instancing a lot, works really well for a quick animation port :)

edited December 1969

apricot snow cones?!

Certainly possible. The extract would need to be diluted, though. But it could be sugar-free if you wanted.

A snow cone would be nice right now, it's hella hot outside and I have to leave to catch the bus in 45 minutes. Ugh.

Isn't apricot extract poisonous, or is that the mashed-up apricot kernels?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    apricot snow cones?!

:ohh: there be apricot in my exfoliating face scrub.

they make cyanide from some kind of fruit seed, ... i think.

edited December 1969

day2 of cakeles, candyless, cookielessness. no more blooberry waffles either. miseryyyy.

a toffeefay, a chocolate coconut cluster, a malted milk ball, a jr.mint ----wahhhh

edited August 2012

Can't post for some reason. Ah, better

Ethel1_03_003_MOD_01sml.jpg
    800 x 533 - 80K
    edited December 1969

day2 of cakeles, candyless, cookielessness. no more blooberry waffles either. miseryyyy.

a toffeefay, a chocolate coconut cluster, a malted milk ball, a jr.mint ----wahhhh

We haz real nice American Cherries here, alternatively sweeeet :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Gentle rain and lead-grey sky outside my window, tin and tiles of city roofs presenting slick and sparkly in the pale dawn :)

Sounds very nice! :coolsmile: But rain makes me sleeeeeeeeeepy....

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    apricot snow cones?!

It's the kernels/seeds. This is a flavor extract from the fruit itself. :)

This discussion has been closed.