The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sigh.. going to need Comic Life for lettering and thought/speech balloons. No biggie, it's cheap.

Next Friday I order Scylla (the i7), then week after next I order Charybdis-V2 (core i5) and I'll be good, hardware-wise.

3 weeks and I upgrade to PPro 2012. That's the end of software purchases unless Carrara 8.5 has something too attractive to pass up on,.For 2D/3D, it's all about Webcomics for me.

Maybe I'll do a few test renders over the weekend with cities and giant insects. Rendo had a nice Poser city that'll make a great background for epic BUG WARS!!

Today's DAZ freebie: bbq grill! :) Grilled Vicky, anyone?

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

BBQ Grill? You mean dis one?

Dragon_Cookout.jpg
    600 x 630 - 410K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

My feet are KILLING me. My shoes chafed my soles pretty badly. Might get blisters later. But at least the first steps in setting up my friend's exchange student life over here are finished. Tomorrow, some more.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    BBQ Grill? You mean dis one?

Dragons FOR THE WIN!!! :snake:

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

My feet are KILLING me. My shoes chafed my soles pretty badly. Might get blisters later. But at least the first steps in setting up my friend's exchange student life over here are finished. Tomorrow, some more.

Awwww, poor footsies! Painful feet are BAd, boy, am I familiar with that!

Rest the footsies! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Yuyuko Saigyouji again :D

Saigyouji_Yuyuko.jpg
    600 x 376 - 211K
    edited December 1969

Awwww, poor footsies! Painful feet are BAd, boy, am I familiar with that!

Rest the footsies! :coolsmile:

Oh thank goodness the pain is starting to fade. Ugggghhhhh.

Non-complaint: I have a new phone. Yay.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

complaint: my eyeballs ache.
    i need a car. can't take it anymore.
    the taxi took 40 minutes this morning, missed the bus, late for work.
    stray thunderstorms, today, tomorrow, day after.

good things:
    tikka marsala for lunch
    might actually go through with publishing something.

how many books a year would i have to publish to be considered a small press? very small press :lol:

edited December 1969

Daz wishlist now empty. Have pillbug, cicada, bog flea, berry dragon, and fly dragon.

More to install. Feh.

Now need cities to destroy! :vampire: It's not a B movie unless some big city is getting wiped out!

FLEE THE FLEA! :wow:

Cars are nice but dang expensive even for a "cheap" beater. Car + gas + maintenance + insurance = $$$$. Still, they can be useful.

edited August 2012

Are the stonemason city blocks things still free? The (Low polygon ones)?
    ...There is also this if you really need cities: http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/store/citykit/
    Big ones with lots of towering skyscrapers.
    *EDIT* Bit of a "disclaimer" on the link and City Kit though. It's a plugion for Cinema 4D and is $150.

City Kit requires Cinema 4D version 11 and above, the Advanced Render Module (presets only) and the Mograph Module. If you’re running Cinema 4D Version 12. You need Broadcast Edition or Studio Edition.
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Are the stonemason city blocks things still free? The (Low polygon ones)?
    ...There is also this if you really need cities: http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/store/citykit/
    Big ones with lots of towering skyscrapers.
    *EDIT* Bit of a "disclaimer" on the link and City Kit though. It's a plugion for Cinema 4D and is $150.
    City Kit requires Cinema 4D version 11 and above, the Advanced Render Module (presets only) and the Mograph Module. If you’re running Cinema 4D Version 12. You need Broadcast Edition or Studio Edition.

There are some good low-poly modern city kits at Rendo, I have 'em in my wishlist. I think I have some starter places (sleazy motels, bowery district, alleyways) suitable for mutant bug encounters, for now. I have a pile of Stonemason stuff I need to install, I'm sure there are bits in there that will be useful as well.

I'll have to make do with city destruction until I get V4 reinstalled. Sigh.

edited August 2012

1) Played PCB again. Did AMAZINGLY WELL up until the Prisimriver sisters and early Stage 5. I had to pause the game early so I could move my laptop and then weird stuff started happening with my computer. After that everything went to pieces. Well okay stuff started falling apart for me during the Stage 4 boss but it got so much worse in stage 5. And everything was going so well too...
    2) A new little feature in C4DR14: When you have two or more cameras in the scene and you switch between one, it will animate between the two - By that I mean it pans the viewport from one camera to the other. Really nifty: http://vimeo.com/46751403
    You can disable that if you want in the preferences though.
    [- New editor camera transitions

- New Gradient functionality

- Working with TODO's

- New render options

- Various SSS improvements

- GI improvements

- new Xrefs

- Wood shader

- Point indexes]
    3) Tired.
    4) A lot of people have compared the new scultping tools and layout in Cinema to the first version of Mudbox. I've never used Mudbox before.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760
    edited December 1969

Looks like I am going to be moving into a group home. I have to rehome the kitties. I will miss them.

edited December 1969

Forgot to answer your question hahaha... I don't live at a group home but I work at one. Two days a week, but still.
    Also here's a B-Movie monster that hasn't been done yet! Big-arse raptor XD

A_big_raptor.jpg
    600 x 563 - 85K
    edited December 1969

tikka marsala mui delicioso - nomm nomm nomm
    i need naan to sop up the marsala sauce

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Forgot to answer your question hahaha... I don't live at a group home but I work at one. Two days a week, but still.
    Also here's a B-Movie monster that hasn't been done yet! Big-arse raptor XD

Very nice! Inspires me to bail out of work early, go home, and RENDER!!!

But I need the money for a new laptop, sooo.. here I sit for 3 more hours. :smirk:

edited December 1969

Non-complaint: holy boop but my new phone is posh, pretty and sleek. And fast. Really, really fast.

edited December 1969

I found a high school building for Poser on Rendo!!!! I can finally realize my dream..

MONSTER BUGS TRASH HIGH SCHOOL!!!! :snake: :ahhh:

This is the beginning of a beautiful thing (lol)! Definitely need that i7 system ASAP.

edited December 1969

Daz wishlist now empty. Have pillbug, cicada, bog flea, berry dragon, and fly dragon.

More to install. Feh.

Now need cities to destroy! :vampire: It's not a B movie unless some big city is getting wiped out!

Cars are nice but dang expensive even for a "cheap" beater. Car + gas + maintenance + insurance = $$$$. Still, they can be useful.

berry dragons! u so lucky.

Falcor was a luck dragon.

edited December 1969

there is no happiness without rainbow sprinkles.

20:3o. sleepy early today and an all-nighter tomorrow. cuz all nighters are fun.

i wanna do bishi boy renders with H3. and bishi dragons. imagining a bishi dragon would be extremely cute with dynamic hair eyelashes and a lock of curly hair up top.

i bought a merch resource skin for m4. the model has red chapping on his forehead. smudging it out is gonna take patience.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Sitting in golden sun under a blue sky, not so chilly here this morning :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Heh Curse of the Vampire Butterfly Women poster is wonderfully B movie :)

You do realize that's a challenge, right? :vampire:

I remember the challenge, haven't had time to do anything for relaxation in ages so is good to see :)

edited December 1969

Looks like I am going to be moving into a group home. I have to rehome the kitties. I will miss them.

good luck with that :)

edited August 2012

More to install. Feh.

Make your own http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4944/

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1419/#16141

and use Bullet to trash them :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Non-complaint: holy boop but my new phone is posh, pretty and sleek. And fast. Really, really fast.

mmmmmm shiny :)

edited December 1969

there is no happiness without rainbow sprinkles.

20:3o. sleepy early today and an all-nighter tomorrow. cuz all nighters are fun.

i wanna do bishi boy renders with H3. and bishi dragons. imagining a bishi dragon would be extremely cute with dynamic hair eyelashes and a lock of curly hair up top.

i bought a merch resource skin for m4. the model has red chapping on his forehead. smudging it out is gonna take patience.

rainbow sprinkles *wants*

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Sitting in golden sun under a blue sky, not so chilly here this morning :)

Good morning! Sounds very nice! :)

Supposed to hit 101F tomorrow, yikes! Hot hot hot! And in the same range all weekend!

I have a tiny errand to run Saturday, then I'm going to come home and work on B Movie Posters all weekend. I was going to hit Guitar Center to see if I can play without pain, but I'm rethinking it as callouses would make using my left hand for blood testing a real process. Sigh.. maybe a wearable keyboard.

Have a great day! Bedtime here... snzzz...

edited December 1969

Wonderfully sunny here today, have been dozing in the sun amongst the flowers in my garden, their scent is a perfect sedative :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Wonderfully sunny here today, have been dozing in the sun amongst the flowers in my garden, their scent is a perfect sedative :)

gardens is good stuff.

edited December 1969

i iz jonezing for an almost midnight snack.
    haz no sprinkles, no ice cream cake,
    ooo, blooberry waffles :)

This discussion has been closed.