May, 2014 Freebie Challenge - Motherly Madness - Winners Announced

12346»

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Whenever you receive Gift Cards you go into your account, click on the 'more' tab on the far right or hover over it and you will see Gift Card option, click on it, then it will bring you to a page where you redeem them. You input your gift card codes one at a time (one right after another) and it adds the amount of both gift cards and puts it in your store credit. You could do this with 2 gift cards or as many as you have. If you have a $5 cc and a $20 gc for example. You input them in the redeem box when you are in the gift card section of your account. Once both gift cards are redeemed you can click on store credit under the more tab and you will see that you now have $25 store credit.

Then what's the Gift Certificate code box in the Checkout itself for?

In life there is almost always more than one way to do something.

Dana

So does that mean I can use both gift cards together at Checkout (which is what I'd prefer to do) or do I have to redeem them ahead of time in order to use both on one purchase?

I've never done it that way so I don't know. What do you have against just redeeming them so that they're ready whey you want to use the credit?

DanaLess hassle.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Whenever you receive Gift Cards you go into your account, click on the 'more' tab on the far right or hover over it and you will see Gift Card option, click on it, then it will bring you to a page where you redeem them. You input your gift card codes one at a time (one right after another) and it adds the amount of both gift cards and puts it in your store credit. You could do this with 2 gift cards or as many as you have. If you have a $5 cc and a $20 gc for example. You input them in the redeem box when you are in the gift card section of your account. Once both gift cards are redeemed you can click on store credit under the more tab and you will see that you now have $25 store credit.

In life there is almost always more than one way to do something.

Dana

So does that mean I can use both gift cards together at Checkout (which is what I'd prefer to do) or do I have to redeem them ahead of time in order to use both on one purchase?

I've never done it that way so I don't know. What do you have against just redeeming them so that they're ready whey you want to use the credit?

DanaLess hassle.

Oddly, I think of it as getting it over with right away...that is less hassle later on. Don't have to go look up the GC code, just check the box that says use store credit. Especially when I spot something on sale and it's almost midnight DAZ time.

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

Well that is a good question. Maybe Cho can set us straight. Never used that box on the check out, always went the way fictionalromance outlines it.

You can use a gift cert piecemeal by using the box at checkout, but like others here I prefer to redeem my GC and have it placed in my store credit account. That way I know how much I have left to spend just by checking my store credit account. The prizes from DAZ 3D are paid out as store credit.

Store credit, like Gift Certs, never expires. It just sits there until you spend it.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

The advantage to converting GCs to store credit is that you can use more than one in a single order.

The advantage to not converting GCs to store credit is that you can use part of a GC then give the code to someone else to use the rest. (I think.)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Thank you Cho for giving us a description of how the cart works.

Thank you fictionalromance for hosting this month's contest and to all of the participants for entering a render. So fictionalromance has a PM from me.

Good luck everybody.

edited June 2014

robkelk said:
    The advantage to converting GCs to store credit is that you can use more than one in a single order.

The advantage to not converting GCs to store credit is that you can use part of a GC then give the code to someone else to use the rest. (I think.)

No you can't use either GCs or Store credit to buy GCs, and once used the GC code number is allocated to your own account so you are the only one can use the rest of the amount.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    robkelk said:

No you can't use either GCs or Store credit to buy GCs, and once used the GC code number is allocated to your own account so you are the only one can use the rest of the amount.
    Ah. I was misinformed, then.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited June 2014

Good luck to all who entered. The annual Summer Fun and Pinup Challenge has started so go check it out. Lots of cool vendor prizes this year.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41978/

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    robkelk said:

No you can't use either GCs or Store credit to buy GCs, and once used the GC code number is allocated to your own account so you are the only one can use the rest of the amount.Ok, so if I wanted to use both CGs on a single purchase I would have to convert to Store credit, but if I used only one CG per purchase I could use it at checkout?

edited December 1969

Yes, however as I said earlier, the DAZ 3D sponsored prizes arrive as Store credit rather than as Gift Certs. SO if you win one it will be automatically entered into your store account.

• MegonNoelMegonNoel Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

Best of luck to everyone and great entries this month! :-)

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

Okay it was a tough decision but we have winners!

1. Bunny Mumsy by Ippotamus
    2. Louie Mama by Lord Ganthor
    3. Exercise Routine by Kismet2012

HM. Always time for a hug by Star Books
    HM. Afternoon Stroll by Tramp Graphics

I want to say thanks to all those who entered, judged and donated Prizes.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners and Honorable Mentions!

Dana

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners, well deserved :)

• MegonNoelMegonNoel Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners and honorable mentions! Great renders from everyone! Thanks to fictionalromance for hosting a great month :-)

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Wow!
    Thank you so much!

I was so tickled the way Bunny Mumsy turned out.
    Soo glad others enjoyed it too. :)

Congratulations and thanks to all indeed.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners and honourable mentions.

Thank you fictionalromance for a wonderful contest.

Thank you to the judges. Much appreciated.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited June 2014

Congratulations to all the winners and the honorable mentions, but...I took second? Uh...okay. I'm just a little surprised is all...I didn't think it was all that special...really...considering some of the much better renders...uh...thanks...but, I feel a little guilty. I didn't exactly spend a lot of time on it...

(stupid smileys didn't work...red faced...)

Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2014

As soon as I hear from both HM's I can send out my prizes. If you are getting a GC and know the HM's poke them to send me a PM.

This has been a friendly poke from the Blue Guy.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited June 2014

Congratulations to the winners.

** throws a pie at Lord Ganthor then runs!**

To all the winners, please know now to send your email addresses (that you registered here at the Daz site with) to Dollygirl since she now runs this challenge. No longer to me. Thank you.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Winner identification has been sent to DAZ you should expect an e-mail not a PM that store credit has been awarded. If you don't hear anything by next week PM me and I will determine what I have done wrong. Thanks everybody for playing and congradulations to all of the winners. Let's go have some summer fun!

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    As soon as I hear from both HM's I can send out my prizes. If you are getting a GC and know the HM's poke them to send me a PM.

This has been a friendly poke from the Blue Guy.

Should I get my vintage, pokey, rubber mallet out of the attic?