Greenpots School Items Question?

Mercblue22Mercblue22 Posts: 116
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello all,
I dont know if anyone can help me with this question, but here goes. I own a lot of Greenpots School items, but for some reason, he created them for Poser and not DAZStudio. I have tried to bring in the OBJs for these items, but find that I have to manually apply each texture for every items in that same which is soooo time consuming and downright tedious to do. So, if anyone here has Greenpots items and might be able to explain how I might be able to bring them into DS, that would be a big help. (I own Poser 10, but its rather slow for me as opposed to DS which is real fast and user-friendly)

Thanks!

Merc

Comments

• ServantServant Posts: 758
    edited December 1969

Hello all,
    I dont know if anyone can help me with this question, but here goes. I own a lot of Greenpots School items, but for some reason, he created them for Poser and not DAZStudio. I have tried to bring in the OBJs for these items, but find that I have to manually apply each texture for every items in that same which is soooo time consuming and downright tedious to do. So, if anyone here has Greenpots items and might be able to explain how I might be able to bring them into DS, that would be a big help. (I own Poser 10, but its rather slow for me as opposed to DS which is real fast and user-friendly)

Thanks!

Merc

I haven't had problems with the textures with Greenpots's stuff. Once I open them, they're there. Where do you install his stuff? How do you open them from the runtimes like any Poser item in DAZ? Also, remember that the scene files (.pzs) should go to the Scene Folder in the Libraries.

• Mercblue22Mercblue22 Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

Hello BorgyB,
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Normally, what I do since I use DS more then Poser, is install all my PS/DS items into my DS Libraries folder, that includes GPs PZ3s files that come along with it. Of course, there are only props/Poses available in most of GPs stuff to DS, the rest has been set up in those Pz3 files, which only work in PS. I have to import them in DS to get any of his things to work, but of course, they only come in as OBJ files, without textures. Not sure how I can go about importing GPs stuff into DS with textures. Any clue as to do this BorgyB?

Thanks!

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited April 2014

Which version of DS do you have? The current one will see (and load) PZ3's in the Scene folder of a Poser library

They still need light and surface setting adjustments, but they load fine.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Mercblue22Mercblue22 Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

Hello DaWaterRat,
    Thank you for the reply, honestly, I did not know the latest DAZS allows you to bring in PZ3s into the program without any problems! All the Greenpots are working now, thanks again guys for the assistance! ^^

• I have not had any of the problems the OP has mentioned.

Does anyone know how to get Greenpots School scripts to work in DAZ 3D I have pretty much all of Greenpots School Scenes but everytime I try to run the Python scripts in DAZ they seem to run but they do not align the different scenes correctly.

Any ideas

Cheers

Sy

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Not going to happen...Studio doesn't understand Python.  They'd have to be translated into Daz Script (or a 'wrapper' made for them).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Python scripts do not work in DS, they're for Poser.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited October 2016

I have not had any of the problems the OP has mentioned.

Does anyone know how to get Greenpots School scripts to work in DAZ 3D I have pretty much all of Greenpots School Scenes but everytime I try to run the Python scripts in DAZ they seem to run but they do not align the different scenes correctly.

Any ideas

Cheers

Sy

Okay, so here's the trick I've learned.  With each school part, there is a PZ3 called School Main.  It loads apparently empty with various hidden "balls" for each room.

Now, once you've imported that, merge the rooms you want into the scene.  Do it one at a time, just in case some parts are not parented within the PZ3.  If that's the case, be sure to parent the parts you need to the ball_(roomname) that will load with each room.

Next, turn off "Parent in place"

Now, Parent the "ball" for each part of the school to the corresponding ball under School_Main.  The room will pop into place.

Here, the screen shots show using the school coridor and the class room together.  The pictures are initially dark because I forgot to turn off preview lights (I usually delete them and set up my own anyway)

Now, you will need to go in and manually remove anything that duplicates (doors, usually) and the "pictures" behind various windows and doorways.  But it works.

Screenshot 2016-10-21 22.33.08.png
    1920 x 1080 - 220K
    Screenshot 2016-10-21 22.33.36.png
    1920 x 1080 - 454K
    Screenshot 2016-10-21 22.34.02.png
    1920 x 1080 - 492K
    Screenshot 2016-10-21 22.35.13.png
    1920 x 1080 - 292K
    Screenshot 2016-10-21 22.35.17.png
    1920 x 1080 - 296K
    Screenshot 2016-10-21 22.36.24.png
    1920 x 1080 - 369K