Toon Generation 4: request to 3DUniverse

IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
edited May 2020 in Product Suggestions

Hi 3DUniverse,

Having lots of fun with your Toon Generation 4 characters, however I have a request:

Can you please provide Head neutralisation/removal morphs so that I can mix the heads with other characters (Paige,Amber, Tamara etc). This will allow variation in the characters without the need to morph the faces with individual feature morphs. Normally, characters are sold with separate head and body morphs already, or in the case of Zev0's Growing Up characters, a Head neutralisation dial.

Looking forward to a reply and ... keep up the good work.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on

Comments

• second that ..  separate head and body morphs 

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited May 2020

There is a HeadSplit DFormer included with Genesis 8.

See this thread

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/193911/how-to-make-separate-head-and-body-morphs-from-custom-fbm

The thread also has links to freebies for Gen2 & Gen3.

It looks intimidating, but if you follow it carefully it works.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    pwiecek said:

There is a HeadSplit DFormer included with Genesis 8.

See this thread

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/193911/how-to-make-separate-head-and-body-morphs-from-custom-fbm

The thread also has links to freebies for Gen2 & Gen3.

It looks intimidating, but if you follow it carefully it works.

Hi pwiecek, I went through that procedure very carefully. It works well when the size/proportions of the character are similar to G8 but in this case the Toon Gen 4 figures are so highly morphed that it has problems.

The head can be set to G8 default shape but the neck/head joint is then very distorted. I corrected that in Zbrush (could also be done in Sculptris or Blender which are free) but the neck head joint doesn't work well. The Adjust Rigging to Shape button helps but I still get a wrinkle under the chin between the head and neck that behaves strangely. When I make (another) correction morph for that distortion in Zbrush (so that the mesh looks perfect in Zbrush) and apply that correction morph in DS (using GoZ), the distortion becomes worse.

I think what is really needed here is probably not simply separate head and body morphs (that's probably why the figure was not supplied with them) but rather a Head and/or Body Neutralisation morph that would allow transition between the Toon Gen 4 shape and G8 shape so that we could mix in some of 3DU's other characters (or indeed other G8 characters) with the Toon Gen 4 characters.

Whilst the Toon Gen 4 characters are cute, the head morph is extreme and it would be great to be able to mix in other character faces.

I have come to the realisation that making Head and Body Neutralisation morphs for the Toon Gen 4 figures is not a trivial task because of the extreme nature of the Toon Gen 4 figure shapes, however perhaps 3DUniverse would release such morphs as an addon to his product. I would be happy to pay extra for that.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited May 2020

I just use shape splitter

https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter

Post edited by Psyckosama on