Daz3d Grabbing Hand

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
edited May 2020 in Product Suggestions

Hi,

I don't know if this got already somehow requested, but... is it even possible with our engine? Or would/could it be possible if marvelous and daz3d would cooperate to immigrate that kind of engine?

https://youtu.be/6U4IErJlsNU?t=1472

See that video, it starts at the needed point.

I would love to have such an Grabhand to touch my clothes, Meshgrabber is great but its not smooth and this is soo smooth!

Thanks.

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

You will need a game engine for that type of function, not likely to be included with DS without a major overhaul to the app.

i would like it also as that would bring real time VR support to DS, something I really want to see.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

It would be great to see this feature.

Perhaps this would require a licence agreement (between DAZ3d and another software company) for whatever game engine was used (Unity, for example). That might be a reason why this is not done. Does anyone have definitive information on this issue? Anyone from DAZ3d care to comment?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

For dForce cloth, there is this item - https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-magnet

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,169

What you’re seeing there is essentially live cloth simulation, for which dForce is woefully unequipped, but other programs can do to varying degrees. That video was made in Marvelous Designer, which is expressly designed around making clothing, so I’m guessing that functionality like that was the central focus of their physics engine. 

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Would be great if we would get something like the cloth brush :

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Daz isn't designed primarily as a content creation tool, though.  And I think it would be a mistake if it used its resources to be too many things to too many people.  Daz allows some modifications, but given so many excellent, and often free alternatives, they would be making a mistake in trying to diversify too much.   They have enough to do just being Daz.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    Sevrin said:

Daz isn't designed primarily as a content creation tool, though.  And I think it would be a mistake if it used its resources to be too many things to too many people.  Daz allows some modifications, but given so many excellent, and often free alternatives, they would be making a mistake in trying to diversify too much.   They have enough to do just being Daz.

In which case, easy and reliable communication between those software packages is a must! I would quote GoZ (DS to Zbrush and back...usually) which works most of the time, but in the past was notoriously problematic.