genesis 2, what genesis 1 stuff can be used?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I think the title is self explanatory, but jsut to be a litlle more verbose. I have some stuff for genesis 1 stuff, morphs and textures. mainly morphs is what I am wonddering about. Can these be used on gen2? what is the limitations and what just can be and connot be used.
thanks for your time
DC

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,333
    edited December 1969

Textures from some UV's can be used with the appropriate UV set for G2.
    Morphs can all be transferred using the plugin GenX
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Out of the box, no. Kattey has a set of tutorials in her sig that give you a way to create a clone without having to puchase a separate plugin.

Genesis GenX 2 and the add on pack will allow you to transfer you Genesis morphs the G2F or G2M mesh.

While Genesis was a single base mesh that could be morphed into whatever, the G2F/M line has gone back to the gender split. While they are essentially the same base mesh, there are added polygons in different areas that make the two mesh bases different.

Morph targets will only function properly if the base mesh verts and morph verts match. If they don't, it will blow up.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I believe you need GenX 2 to transfer morphs from Genesis to Genesis 2.

Genesis clothing can be autofitted to Genesis 2 characters fairly well, same with hair.

Textures it depends on which UV map was used. Genesis 2 figures come with V5 and M5. The other generation 5 DAZ characters and V4 and M4 require additional purchases. They will also only apply if they're in .duf format (though they can be applied manually through the surfaces tab.)

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Link to Kattey's thread about creating clones

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited April 2014

We have a compatibility chart for just this thing: http://www.daz3d.com/compatibility-matrix

Post edited by DZ_jared on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for all the replies. I will probably jsut stick to gen 1 then.
    Thanks again
    DC

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

m5 skin works on g2m?

I can use Leon of the Night on Gianni6+fangtastic?

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,995
    edited April 2014

m5 skin works on g2m?

I can use Leon of the Night on Gianni6+fangtastic?

You can use pretty much all V4/M4 textures on Genesis 2 so long as the texture is saved as a .duf file and you have the shape files as well (just in case) but not sure really as I have bought all the Gen 4 / Gen 5 shapes and so on for Genesis 2..

I have saved V4 textures to .duf format and put them straight onto Genesis 2 Female with no problems but I do have the shape files too (but again not sure if they are really needed for the use of texture files.)

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,691
    edited December 1969

...if you don't have any gen6 characters, you can still use the M5/V5 maps on G2F/G2M respectively If you have V4 for G2F autofit clone you can use any maps that are based on the V4 UV with the base G2F character. This will include any character map base on the V4 unimesh (Girl4, Steph4, She Freak4 as they all are base on the V4 UV). The Young Teens5 maps are also based on the V4 UV so they can be used as well as long as you have the V4 clone.

Same for the M4 for G2M autofit clone and G2M, maps for all characters based on the M4 unimesh should work as well.

As mentioned, the Gen4 maps must be saved as a DUF preset first. To do this, open the base Genesis apply the desired V4 or M4 map and save it as a Material Preset. It then can be used on either Genesis or G2M/G2F.

Note K4 maps will not work with G2F/G2M but will work with Genesis 1 as long as you set the Genesis UV base to Kids4.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,995
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...if you don't have any gen6 characters, you can still use the M5/V5 maps on G2F/G2M respectively If you have V4 for G2F autofit clone you can use any maps that are based on the V4 UV with the base G2F character. This will include any character map base on the V4 unimesh (Girl4, Steph4, She Freak4 as they all are base on the V4 UV). The Young Teens5 maps are also based on the V4 UV so they can be used as well as long as you have the V4 clone.

Same for the M4 for G2M autofit clone and G2M, maps for all characters based on the M4 unimesh should work as well.

As mentioned, the Gen4 maps must be saved as a DUF preset first. To do this, open the base Genesis apply the desired V4 or M4 map and save it as a Material Preset. It then can be used on either Genesis or G2M/G2F.

Note K4 maps will not work with G2F/G2M but will work with Genesis 1 as long as you set the Genesis UV base to Kids4.

With V4 / M4 textures to Genesis 2 you don't actually have to apply them to Genesis 1 first.. All you have to do is just load up V4 / M4 apply the mat and save as a material preset but yes you do need the clone files..

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,691
    edited December 1969

...it also works with Genesis1 as well.

For me, loading V4 keeps kicking up a couple "cannot locate" errors for some odd reason even though everything is installed correctly, so I just use Genesis1.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

been meaning to try the catworld on g2f.