waaaaaa!!!

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

saved Genesis scene in non-beta not so good :-S
guess I have to use Daz bloody studio for now!

Untitled.jpg
1178 x 661 - 231K

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5 is fun !!!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Is that a spot render? I'm guessing from the other thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4055/ that the beta's serial number has expired?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

yes, it is a spot render in C8.1 of a scene with Genesis saved from C8.5beta
    highlighted to show how the mip mapped textures vanish!
    I have to redo each and every single texture map if I want it to work
    not that the saved animated Genesis figure is usable anyway unless you want a rubbergirl!
    not being able to use Genesis in Carrara is annoying but the added pain that I saved so much other stuff using the beta instead of C8.1 is rather deflating, I basicly have to do new scenes or wait for a new beta serial or whatever.
    I actually cannot tell the advantage of "mip mapped" textures, whatever they are, except they do not work in C8.1!
    yeah, will not stop me doing stuff but will try to use C8.1 more in future and just use the next beta occassionally if I need Genesis or fbx import which actually worked in C8.5.
    since according to the other thread,"it is a privelege" to be able to buy and use Genesis stuff in Carrara, I will just have to join the Poser crowd and mostly stick to other figures for more stuff.
    on the bright side I hope Reallusion get their promised facial animation for imported Daz figures particulary Genesis in iClone soon, it works quite well there!

edited July 2012

yes, it is a spot render in C8.1 of a scene with Genesis saved from C8.5beta
    highlighted to show how the mip mapped textures vanish!
    I have to redo each and every single texture map if I want it to work
    not that the saved animated Genesis figure is usable anyway unless you want a rubbergirl!
    not being able to use Genesis in Carrara is annoying but the added pain that I saved so much other stuff using the beta instead of C8.1 is rather deflating, I basicly have to do new scenes or wait for a new beta serial or whatever.
    I actually cannot tell the advantage of "mip mapped" textures, whatever they are, except they do not work in C8.1!
    yeah, will not stop me doing stuff but will try to use C8.1 more in future and just use the next beta occassionally if I need Genesis or fbx import which actually worked in C8.5.
    since according to the other thread,"it is a privelege" to be able to buy and use Genesis stuff in Carrara, I will just have to join the Poser crowd and mostly stick to other figures for more stuff.
    on the bright side I hope Reallusion get their promised facial animation for imported Daz figures particulary Genesis in iClone soon, it works quite well there!

I use Genesis in Carrara 8.5 - don't know why you can't .

Post edited by bigh on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

yes I DO use Genesis in 8.5!!!
    I can't because the serial for the beta has expired and according to a lot of other posters in other threads we are supposed to accept this because using a beta is a privelige!!!
    I am showing here what happens if I open the saved C8.5 scene in my current production version of C8.1which I PAID for and am supposed to be happy with.
    basically whinging because I did most things using the beta, even without Genesis and now need to redo it all to use with 8.1 because of the damned mip map texture thingy.
    I have only been able to use Genesis in Carrara with the last beta by the way, had autofit issues previously but all fixed except geografting.
    I particulary liked that fbx import had been fixed.
    export works ok with 8.1 but cannot import iClone content via pipeline for example.
    just a mangled mess.
    I would pay for the beta update to get a permenant serial just for that.
    wish I could.

edited December 1969

yes I DO use Genesis in 8.5!!!
    I can't because the serial for the beta has expired and according to a lot of other posters in other threads we are supposed to accept this because using a beta is a privelige!!!
    I am showing here what happens if I open the saved C8.5 scene in my current production version of C8.1which I PAID for and am supposed to be happy with.
    basically whinging because I did most things using the beta, even without Genesis and now need to redo it all to use with 8.1 because of the damned mip map texture thingy.
    I have only been able to use Genesis in Carrara with the last beta by the way, had autofit issues previously but all fixed except geografting.
    I particulary liked that fbx import had been fixed.
    export works ok with 8.1 but cannot import iClone content via pipeline for example.
    just a mangled mess.
    I would pay for the beta update to get a permenant serial just for that.
    wish I could.

I see .
    while I'm here - the reason DY cloth blows up on that makehuman model is that there are two together and Dy cloth doesn't like that . .