Daz to Zbrush

Hello

for a reason I really don't understand all modification done in Zbrush appear after transfert to Daz but Daz don't save anything done in zbrush...it save the file but when re-opening the file : nothing, no zbrush transformation ! It was working fine before yesterday and now even after fresh install of daz and zbrush on a second computer it doesn't work...what do I forget to do that I was doing before ?  The Zbrush property do not appear anymore under Genesis 8 parameter as It was before when exporting from zbrush. Please, any help ?Thanks.

Comments

• How did you save?

• Hello, Finaly i found the solution :

there is a kind of "bug" in the way the plugin work:

when send the zbrush transformation to daz it offer too choose to update the existing object...which in case of a character is for me Genesis 8 default character...which is not editable of course !

but it should offer to create a morph instead when detecting a default "genesis 8 object" and it's not ! it just update the character but when saving you loose all the modification because you can't modify the default genesis 8 object ! Of course It should tell you and at least create automaticly a morph and save it !

So you some code too correct this on the next version of the plugin ! ;-)

To make it short : if you use a genesis default character as base and transform it in zbrush you MUST move back your work as a morph and not "update existing object"...if you don't it just display the your work but when saving your scene you loose all  ! Then, when doing a new zbrush transformation you must overwrite yur first morph or create a new one if you want to keep your first morph...and done ! well I lost only 8 hours of zbrush sculping ! ;-) Hope it helps someone

• I'm not an expert but I do use Daz and ZBrush/GoZ quite a lot and I've never really had a problem like the one you describe. When you GoZ back to Daz from ZBrush you can either update the base geometry or create a morph (default group is called ZBrush). These are both different methods of updating an existing object.  If you save the scene, then when you open it again, your modifications should still be in the scene's figure. It will be there either as a change to the base geometry or as a morph that you can dial up, depending on how you made your modification.  If you want to save your ZBrush morph so that it loads whenever you load the Genesis default figure you need to Save it from within Daz using File/Save As/Support Asset/Morph Asset. There are some really good tutorials that explain the whole process including adjusting the figure's bones and doing an ERC freeze.

The alternative to updating the existing object is an option to create a new object. Daz will 'force' this option if it can't match the object you brought back from ZBrush to an object in the scene. This usually happens if you have accidentally changed the topology of the figure. for example by adding or deleting geometry.

I hope I haven't misunderstood your problem and I hope this helps.

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 458

You also can save as obj outta Zbrush and then use MorphTransfer pro or original and import obj and turn into seperate morph...