Some textures look too low res for Iray standards - Private Office by Charlie&Daz Originals

lvls3dxlvls3dx Posts: 48
edited April 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi.

Time ago I bought the following product:

Private Office by Daz Originals and Charlie

But while using it I have a problem: some textures are really low quality and thus the final result of the render is quite ugly.

You can check the attached example (character is just custom); I already put a depth of filed for people to understand which result I tried to apply and how this problem affects it. But it is still a WIP

the ugly wood is the door of the office

here without dof. even worse

The product uses one texture for every face (walls, columns, etc) so using  other textures and multiply the tiles is not an option (I already tried and failed, any texture applied to it looks too low res if only 1x1 tiles is used, and more just looks really ugly).

From this I thought it could be a matter of the size of object itself, and so I tried other things:

Also tried to double in size the textures used and provided by the product with an specific software (not PS, something else). Nothing changed.

I also tried to minimize the size of the whole scene putting it inside a group and reducing the size of it. Nothing changed

Do other fellow users know some workaround for this?

Thanks.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• dijituldijitul Posts: 146
    edited April 2020

I assume you meant that each object uses a custom UV map for its texture so using tiling or alternative textures is not immediately doable.

When faced with wanting to change a surface texture of a customized object, I typically go one of two ways: 

1) Make my own texture using the object's UV template as a guide (often included in the original installation package).

2) Modify the surface assignments using the Geometry editor.  This allows you to select the face(s) you want to change, then reassign them to a new surface.  You can then place any shader/texture you need and adjust accordingly for that surface only.

Check here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/266406/changing-surfaces-of-an-existing-model

Post edited by dijitul on