About HDRi showing in renders (png/jpg)

alm0alm0 Posts: 2

Hello all, i have a problem about HDRi: All renders show only with the HDRi in format .jpg ?

And why they cannot show in format .png ?

Because i want to maximize the quality and i want .png but it seems that the only its .jpg

Post edited by alm0 on

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,046

Must be something in the render settings causing it as I can see the HDRI in .png and .jpg renders.

• alm0alm0 Posts: 2
    Fishtales said:

Must be something in the render settings causing it as I can see the HDRI in .png and .jpg renders.

Do you mean General > Image name > set to .png or .jpg ?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Do you mean "doesn't show when I render", or "doesn't show when I look at the rendered image later"? When you save in a .png format, the background (which I think includes the HDRI if it's used as a visible environment) is placed in a special background layer which the .png image format can do, but the .jpg doesn't. And it depends on how you view the image; some viewing programs default to always showing this background layer, some default to it being transparent. There might be something in the program settings to allow you to show the layer.

Fishtales said:

Do you mean General > Image name > set to .png or .jpg ?

Yes. You can choose .jpg, .png, .tif or .bmp.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

draw environment dome needs to be enabled too

draw environment dome needs to be enabled too

You wont see it in the preview either if it is.

edited April 2020

Do you mean "doesn't show when I render", or "doesn't show when I look at the rendered image later"? When you save in a .png format, the background (which I think includes the HDRI if it's used as a visible environment) is placed in a special background layer which the .png image format can do, but the .jpg doesn't. And it depends on how you view the image; some viewing programs default to always showing this background layer, some default to it being transparent. There might be something in the program settings to allow you to show the layer.

Is that in Interactive Mode? I use Photoreal and the HDRI shows fine in my viewers when I save as .png unless I render with Draw Dome off and then I get a blank Alpha channel, but I get a blank backgound in .jpg too.

Post edited by Fishtales on