Is it possible to delete/remove buttons from this shirt

Hi, Forgive me as im fairly new to Daz3d. This is a general question as once I know how to go about doing this there are other sections I will edit. But my basic question is:

Is it possible to remove just 3 buttons from this shirt? But keep the remaining buttons with out deleting all the buttons.

regards

Jase

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 20.53.47.png
1070 x 857 - 441K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,764

When you say remove, do you mean remove from display?

It looks like each button has its own surface, and if so you can set Oppacity to 0 - that will make the button invisible.

• When I click on the buttons they seem to be grouped. I guess what I need to be able to do is ungroup them so I can select the buttons I'd like to remove. Is that possible?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,764

I can't see how it is looking in your scene tab, I could just see in your surface tab that there was more surfaces named button.

But you can select the geometry editor tool and mark the polygons of the unwanted buttons, and hide them (or delete them) from there. But that is a bit more tricky.

• You are in the Surfaces pane there, and it looks as if the buttons are part of the mesh otherwise they wouldn't be listed there as part of the coat. Although there are separate button surfaces it does look as if those all belong to the same surface (I suspect the others may be cuff buttons, or buttons at the back for the belt fixings).

You could assign them their own surface or delete them with the Geometry Editor tool. Activate it from the Tools menu. With the tool you can click on one one of the buttons you want to remove, then try holding down cmd(Mac)/ctrl(Win) and pressing * to select all the connected polygons - with luck that will give you the whole of one button and nothing else; if not you will need to fiddle around a bit more, though you can do it in stages. To assign to a new surface right-click with the tool in the Viewport>Geometry Assignment>Create New Surface from Selected (you can then, if necessary, select more polygons, right-click>Geometry Assignment>Assign Selected to Surfae>Your new surface group). Alternatively right-click>Geometry Editing>Delete Selected will remove the polygons entirely.

Note that you may have only one version of the base model loaded, so if you are going to be wanting coats with buttons and coats without it's best to create new surfaces which can be made transparent on one item and given the default materials from the other buttons n another.