Question regarding rendering

naqlnaql Posts: 25
edited December 1969 in New Users

Does DAZ save any information between rendering runs to speed or optimize rendering? For example, if I render a scene and then only make a small tweak and render again is any information used from the first render to speed up the second?

I get such wildly different rendering times on my old laptop and obviously do not observe enough of a difference to be sure and so I'm asking.

If not, then why not?

Thanks.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Don't quote me but I am fairly sure the answer is no and I wouldn't know why. You could try to request it as a Feature over https://bugs.daz3d.com/

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

No it does not. That's why I and many others have asked for the spot render tool to be updated to allow saving with transparent PNG the un-rendered areas.

That way you could correct a small issue with spot render, save the result out and simply overlay it as a new layer in postwork.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    No it does not. That's why I and many others have asked for the spot render tool to be updated to allow saving with transparent PNG the un-rendered areas.

That way you could correct a small issue with spot render, save the result out and simply overlay it as a new layer in postwork.

Yes that would be a great function, which Bryce as standard and Vue can do with an extra Module.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

In Poser it's called Area render ...

• naqlnaql Posts: 25
    edited September 2012

Thank you, I just revisited this because I found myself needing to re-render some toes that were bent into the floor. I thought the ability to save a spot render might be buried somewhere, perhaps in the render editor panel. As a computer programmer myself, I am baffled by the omission of this feature. It would be trivial to implement and would be such an incredible timesaver to just re-render those tiny little screwups. So, thanks for confirming the absence of the feature; I've been going crazy looking for it.

Post edited by naql on