RRRR - Refused sports contest with prizes *closed*

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,667
    edited December 1969

Thanks gopherus, Scott and Totte!

Damn, gopherus, Precision Gas Passing looks wicked! Was the guy on bottom right a participant or does he suffer from collateral damage? (I don't want to say "friendly fire.") Anyway, hilarious, from a distance...
    #5 Nice to see someone(s) trying to save the species. Not that they can fit those big eggs in those little baskets. Or can they ?

Jaderail and Scott, you are never-out classed! But don't forget that practice makes perfect - the more RRRR you do, the crazier you get!

diomede64 #4 Nice one. Looks like a frustrating event to me. I would definitley loose.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I didn't think I was going to get this done, but my draw was so good, I had to give it a shot. And so, here it is...

Omg, I'm already laughing dangerously hard and it's only page 3. Okay, here's my first pull:
    875 - By The Sword: Fantasy Poses for V4 and V4 Male (DAZ)
    717 - Biogas Converter (DAZ)
    3117 - Hot Tub Pergola Poses (DAZ)
    6650 - The convertible one for Star Blind (RR)

Title: The Beach Wear Pontoon Hot Tub Ultimate Fighting Challenge
    Rendered in Poser Pro 2014. Also used Tears Hair, Hot Tub Pergola, Terradome/AquaZone, LB Palm Trees and Tall Grass, Dorothy Hair, and HR-092

My fiance said he'd watch it, just because of the women in beach wear. And the fighting. Because fighting in bikinis is even better than just bikinis. *eyeroll*

BWPHUFC.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 898K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2014

Hey Luci45- can I buy tickets to watch those dudes? Yowser! :) You certainly make being a sports fan worthwhile! Loved the concept, very creative. A very delightful contrast to have the man in the tailored clothes next to the scantily clad.

Diomede64- very clever, maybe I could stand a chance at doing remote control...and your contestants make for quite a nice variety. Well done!

Gopherus- I adore that dinosaur holding the basket and the pteradactyll (I'm not going to bother to look that up, close enough) also holding one! And the sheer joy on the triceratop's face- deliciously delightful!

And KaribousBoutique- really cute! (And don't blame your hubbie too much. He's got good taste- he married you!) Your depth of field makes the pontoon boat really stand out. Very nice, as usual!

EDIT: Oops, your fiance- not your hubby- but that still shows incredible good taste!

Post edited by Novica on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,165
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

My fourth pull:
    445 = Maces and Cudgels
    933 = Treasures of Egypt 2
    1139 = The Forest Whispers
    137 = The Girl

TAG:MelanieL#4

Synchronised Antiquity Balancing

The aim of the game is for each team to maintain their balance through a set sequence of poses. Extra points can be gained for choosing a more difficult antiquity to balance on.
    I think the blue team lost.

Also Used:
    Purple Team Girl - 3D Celebrity London for V3 (V3 skin), Erin Hair
    Red Team Girl - 3D Celebrity Mandy (V3 skin), Lush Hair
    Orange Team Girl - 3D Celebrity Rebecca (V3 skin), Ultimate Changing Ponytail
    Blue Team Girl - Thistle (V3 skin), The Girl Hair
    (Slight problem: I have quite literally no clothing for The Girl at all! Hence the geometry-shell-based skin suits, with latex and leather shaders from Phoebe's Fancy)
    Purple Team Man - Logan for M6 (with M3DHero shaping), Micah Hair
    Red Team Man - Ryze for Gianni 6
    Orange Team Man - Taric for Gianni 6, Smart Hair
    Blue Team Man - Brandon for M6, Bold Hair
    All Men - MMA Shorts and Gloves (shorts), Parkour Wear for G2M (shoes) with Phoebe's Fancy shaders
    Background - Grassy Grounds Megapack (ground plane), Easy Environments: Greenlands (skybox)

MelanieL4-S-F-Balancing.jpg
    896 x 1024 - 469K
    edited April 2014

I've not dropped in for a while so had a lot of catching-up to do.
    @Totte - Mortar Volley Ball - hmm I see why they rejected that one! Nicely done.
    Deck Barrel Curling - so that's why aircraft carriers need such large decks! Great idea.
    @Luci45 - Sky Surfing - fun idea and nice ageing-up of the "photo".
    Kentrosaurus Racing - superb, I love the idea and you even got the poofy pants back in (looks like he needs them)
    Urban Water Gym - yeah, hard to work out the rules but worth it for the hunks! Nicely done. PS: Doesn't seem to be in the Entries Thread yet?
    @barbult - Cliff Diving - lovely idea (but I don't envy them hitting that cold water in those bikinis)
    Double-Decker Arm Wrestling - another funny idea - I like the fierce expression on the upper arm-wrestling woman.
    Animal Husbandry - this is great, another one that repays a closer look - and clever use of the Portrait Studio Props.
    @Tarina Kivi - Dragon Riding - great render, so much detail and those statues are really neat - that's a scary sport though!
    @Zawarkal - Bopogo - wow what colours, and some tricky poses too (the zebra on the centaur's back)
    @Ippotamus - Fruits and Ladders - lovely render, nice colours, you've made a great start in RRRR.
    @Novica - WineWalk Limbo - I'd already seen this in your ArtStudio thread but I'll repeat: so much going on here it really repays a full-size look - I love it.
    @diomede64 - Figure Sharking - lovely ocean and another really scary sport idea.
    Dragon Wing Eating - great idea, looks like they've eaten more than just the wings!
    TV Remote Control Programming - I bet the kid wins!
    @gopherus - Precision Gas Passing - "lovely" colours(!) and great expressions (but I had to scroll past quickly while holding my nose)
    Dinosaur Egg Hunting - nice use of the big "egg" spaceship and I love your pterosaur with a basket.
    @KaribousBoutique - Hot Tub Fight - lovely render, cute idea, typical man comment from fiance! PS: Doesn't seem to be in the Entries Thread yet?

... And thanks to Luci45, Tarina Kivi, Scott-Livingston and gopherus (and anyone I've missed from the list) for the comments on mine.

And so in a spirit of over-ambition I'll post another pull (though I am 95% certain I'll miss the deadline):

1946 = Vintage Luggage
    1800 = Aging Morphs 2 for Genesis 2 Female(s)/V6 HD
    390 = Veranil for M4
    61 = Kay Bundle (Kay, Kay's Leathers, Kay's Lair)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,526
    edited December 1969

Tag: Totte#6

Totte said:

#4269 Quantum Drive Tubes (Rendo)
    #1888 Equestrian Props
    #3584 Regency Dining Room
    #582 Textures for Epiphany Gown

Also used:
    2x V4 + FRV Bella + Epiphany Gown + Akaste Hair
    B9999 FX

Indoor Stiff Dress Laser Hurdle

indoor-laser-hurdle_pw.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 369K
    edited December 1969

This thread continues to make me giggle...

MelanieL said:
    @KaribousBoutique - Hot Tub Fight - lovely render, cute idea, typical man comment from fiance! PS: Doesn't seem to be in the Entries Thread yet?

Doh! Thanks, I forgot!

edited December 1969

Thanks fot the comments Melanie, and you can do it!
    @diomede64: Haha , very cool idea
    @KaribousBoutique: A great TV sport I think!
    @Melanie: Great sport - do they pay for damages?

edited December 1969

I love the way you used Treasures of Egypt- making it the focal point and putting the action around and on it. You drew a whacky combination and really made it work. The Blue team may have lost, but it looks like they're at least giving it their best shot. I think I'd be on the gold team, the less height the better! (And I'd probably give the blue team more points due to effort, the golds cheated by taking the lowest perches available!)

Thanks for the comment on WineWalk Limbo :) Yes, I do hope people enlarge it, it's a 2000 pixel render and looks darker when shrunk by the forum software. The ICUWOBBLE liability form is my kids' favorite part. :)

Totte- hate to think how much starch is needed for those dresses! Nice lighting that really shows it off well. Glad I'm not participating in that one, the thought of those heavy stiff dresses makes me feel weighed down just thinking about it

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

And so in a spirit of over-ambition I'll post another pull (though I am 95% certain I'll miss the deadline):

1946 = Vintage Luggage
    1800 = Aging Morphs 2 for Genesis 2 Female(s)/V6 HD
    390 = Veranil for M4
    61 = Kay Bundle (Kay, Kay's Leathers, Kay's Lair)

Well I only just made it and it's not as complete as I'd like (I hoped to add a couple of extra competitors and better lighting but ran out of time - it's nearly 2 a.m. here!)...
    TAG:MelanieL#5

Pack Your Granny

Pack your granny and carry her away, who can travel the furthest? ... Looks like Kay is going for the double!

Also Used:
    Mike - Taric for Gianni 6, Casual Long Hair (Veranil clothes via autofit)
    Mike's Granny - Greta the Old Hag, Jewell Hair, Neat Pleats (top), The Jogger (pants)
    Kay - Orion Hair, parts of her body textured with Phoebe's Fancy silk shader (she looked a bit cold with all that bare skin!)
    Kay's Obedient Granny (G2F with Aging Morphs) - Aged for V4/M4 (skin), Micah Hair, Casual Jeans and T-Shirt with Slacking textures
    Kay's Sceptical Granny (G2F with Aging Morphs) - FW Diana (skin texture) with Skin Overlay for V5 and M5, Estal Hair, Mad Nurse (dress), Dress Code Violation (shoes)
    Young Man - Colin, Brit Hair, Day by Day clothes and Textures
    Background - Speed Render Stages (skybox)

MelanieL5-Pack-Your-Granny.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 405K
    edited December 1969

@Totte - Stiff Dress Laser Hurdle - weird and wonderful as ever!
    And you were right, I could do it (just!)
    @KaribousBoutique - you're welcome, I'd hate for the Hot Tub to miss out on the voting!
    @Novica - Thanks, I was at a loss what to do with the Treasures of Egypt for days before I thought of that.

TO EVERYONE: thanks for all the fun renders to keep us amused and amazed - this has been a really fun contest. Best of luck to all when the voting starts...

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Scott-Livingston#1

Though this sport is popular with spectators, it was rejected by the organizing committee due to certain difficulties with awarding silver and bronze medals.

In the Game of Musical Thrones, You Win Or You Die

Pull #1

658 Moroccan Dreams for V4
    74 Ashley for M5
    514 Kingdom of Marrakesh Seat
    851 Slicer

A little bit of synergy there with the two Moroccan themed sets...we'll see where this leads...

(some of the) other products used (roughly right to left, top to bottom)
    Jannah
    Vianne for Victoria 6
    Udane Hair
    Barefoot Dancer clothes
    Fayre (shoes)
    Victoria 4
    Chablis
    Play Like An Egyptian
    Domina
    Hooded Cloak Pack
    Totally Bazaar Bundle
    Caped Rogue
    Fantasy Instruments
    Michael 4
    Sol Elite
    Millennium Dragon 2
    Cheirocrates
    Kaida (Renderosity)
    Pure Hair: Fantasy
    Dragon Queen for Genesis Female
    Thrones: Via Serena, Royal Court Bundle, DMs Kapelle
    Micah Hair
    Night Guard
    FW Darc
    Basic Hair
    Order of the Wolf
    Colin
    Asgard Cleric
    Timeless Male Hair
    Parkside Point Ground
    Skull Cove Bundle
    Benjamin for M5
    The Huntsman for Genesis (Mec4D)
    King of the Steppe
    DMs Zahirs Palace
    LB Palm Trees (Hivewire?)
    The Garbage Pile
    Stefan for M4 and Genesis
    Spartakos Hair (Renderosity)
    Wolf King
    Advanced Ambient Light
    various texture expansions

Rendered in a single pass in DS...Postwork in GIMP

musicalthronesrrrr1i-pw1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

Gopherus #06
    Trolling for Mermaids

Last pull:
    Mermaid Girl
    Ironclads
    V4 GW1 Male Texture
    V3 Leather Boots

Son, if you want to catch a mermaid, you gotta use better bait!

mermaid_fishing02.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 804K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Luci, Novica and Melanie for your comments

@Diomede64 #4 That is certainly a sport that i would fail at. Is that Sasquatch in the middle lane! nice one!!

@KaribousBoutique I think i d like to watch that one too. Didn t the Romans flood the colliseum just so they could watch this kind of sport
    good one!

@Melanie #4 I d never have been able to get up to the blue pedestal either. usually the winner gets the highest pedestal.
    but in this case i think the lowest one is better. Nicely done!
    #5 LOL! I thought that i was the only one who was threatened by my parents that if i wasn t good they put me in a box and ship me back to granny. Now granny could have come out here. And with 2 grannies they can play gin while they travel. Good one!

@Totte #6 You finished it on time! Those flyers better be able to tuck and roll when they hit that wood floor. But maybe they have boosters
    hidden under their skirts. Good one, Totte!

@Scott-Livingston You were right it is an epic! Fighting to music. and the only winners might be those who watch. Nicely done!!

edited December 1969

Scott-L, surprisingly, the figure I like best is the regal woman. Because in the middle of all the chaos, she is a standout as nobility. She is subtly placed and I really like that.

And I love the granny packing- hopefully they won't be packed up too long!

I've really enjoyed this RRRR and wishing everyone the best of luck. I've enjoyed ALL of them as each had its own twist. We're a warped, whacky, extremely clever group IMO!

edited December 1969

Closed, time to setup voting!

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comment MelanieL. The pose for the zebra was actually quite easy. I used one of the panther attack poses on the zebra with some very minor tweaking and it worked so I went with it.

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
    edited December 1969

Gopherus#4 - Precision Gas Passing: Excellent idea and execution! Best fart joke I've seen in years. ;-)
    Gopherus#5 - Dinosaur Egg Hunting: Nice job...I particularly love the dinosaurs' expressions!
    MelanieL#4 - Synchronized Antiquity Balancing: Such a whimsical scene, but I'm not sure this ends well for the antiquities!
    Totte#6 - Indoor Stiff Dress Laser Hurdle: I like the "stiff dresses" idea. Creative use of the tubes and other props!
    KaribousBoutique#1 - The Beach Wear Pontoon Hot Tub Ultimate Fighting Challenge: Beautiful image.
    diomede64#4 - TV Remote Control Programming Championships: Very cool concept for a competition, and funny poses! Nice work.
    MelanieL#5 - Pack Your Granny: Love the grannies' expressions. I'd probably feel the same way in their shoes.
    Gopherus#6 - Trolling for Mermaids: Took me a few seconds, but this is very funny! :-)

I enjoyed everyone's work in this one. And great contest theme!

edited December 1969

Thank you for the comments, gopherus, Novica, and Tarina Kivi! A Game of Thrones/musical chairs mashup is an a idea I've had for a while, but was never able to turn it into a finished render until now.

Novica: yes, her placement there was deliberate...she's kind of like the eye of the storm. :)

edited December 1969

Thanks for your comments Tarina Kivi and Scott Livingston.
    Drawing leather boots and mermaids, well..... ;-)

edited December 1969

gopherus said:
    Thanks for your comments Tarina Kivi and Scott Livingston.
    Drawing leather boots and mermaids, well..... ;-)

Well, at least a third item wasn't lingerie....

edited December 1969

Thank you for your comment Tarina Kivi

edited April 2014

MelanieL said:

TAG:MelanieL#5
    Pack Your Granny

Is it wrong that I was instantly struck by the realistic, er, "aged gravity" effects on Skeptical Granny? I'm so used to the perky, gravity-defying Vicky-torso that I noticed that bit of realism right off the bat!! Nice details, lol!

Post edited by Karibou on
    edited April 2014

Thought I'd drop by again to see what was new since last night:
    @Scott-Livingston - Musical Thrones - great idea, I really like that one :-) (And thanks for your comments on mine)
    @gopherus - Trolling for Mermaids - hmm, I'm not sure the boot is much use to a mermaid. Cute. (And thanks for your comments too - I hope I didn't open up a psychological scar there with the boxed grannies :) )
    @Novica - thanks, I should have put in the disclaimer: "No grannies were harmed in the making of this render"!
    @Zawarkal - well, you've just told me something I really should have thought of myself: do you know it really didn't occur to me that you could use a pose for a panther on a zebra! (Although it's obvious when I come to think of it: only like using a V4 or M4 pose on Genesis if the bone sturcture is approximately right)
    @Tarina Kivi - thanks for your comments - shame you ran out of time for your second entry, I'll bet it was going to be good!
    @KaribousBoutique - the "aged gravity" just kind of happened. I actually thought it was a bit strong once I put on the dress - it looked much better on the naked granny but I couldn't post that one! :)

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Melanie for your comments. LOL! No trauma... just memories. We kids enjoyed playing in boxes as much as, or more than, whatever came in the boxes. Kind of like cats.... And granny did finally make the trek across country to visit. Although she
    didn t ocme in a box.

True, Novica, you can have too much lingerie!

edited December 1969

MelanieL... I know, lol. Who would have thought, a panther and a zebra!

Hmmm, spots and stripes...

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Urban Water Gymnastics
    Tag: luci45#7

Nice one! This has a clean, almost promo-image feel to it.
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,667
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Scott. Maybe clean 'cause I didn't fuss over it as much as the others.
    Thanks, MelanieL, Tarina Kivi and Novica. LOL, Gianni is such a hottie. I had to put a bunch of him(s?) in my render. I had a good excuse though.

KaribousBoutique. Hehe, very nice. I love the one with the hand to her chest, probably rolling her eyes, maybe wondering - Are you two really going to do this?
    MelanieL #4 I got a really big chuckle from this. And great composition - just enhances the foolishness! Glad I never pulled The Girl (so far.) I have no clothes for her either.
    #5 2 a.m.? that's true devotion! I LOVE the poses. That is hilarious!

Totte #6 The looks really tricky! ROFL.

Scott-Livingston#1 Wow, awesome render and great idea! Though I'm sure it's going to get bloody. (Thank you, TOS) It's very cool the way the action is suspended in time as all hell is about to break loose. I love the sky change behind the buildings and the musician ladies.

Gopherus #06 Such a nice boot too. We can't always think of the little things, like them not having feet. Great posing and expressions!

edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    MelanieL #4 I got a really big chuckle from this. And great composition - just enhances the foolishness! Glad I never pulled The Girl (so far.) I have no clothes for her either.

Thanks Luci - yes I even tried googling for freebie clothing (came up with absolutely nothing). Ah well - that's what I get for filling my runtime with every free figure DAZ (used to) have!