RRRR - Refused sports contest with prizes *closed*

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

Thanks Melanie, and Parrotry, what a great concept. I think we should create an e-book after this contest, 101 sports you never thought anyone could even think of.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Even more great renders since my last visit! Well done, everybody!

Parrotry!? Inspired, positively inspired. And Luci, your multi-level chess vignette is simply enchanting! That pastel color-scheme really makes it! (I'll have more comments, when I have the time to study all of the entries more carefully.)

Speaking of time....

It's great to be back on an assignment, but man, these six-and-a-half-day workweeks and ten-hour days are going to be the death of me!

I've been forced to choose what I do with my remaining time (when I'm not sleeping, that is): rendering, or happy-hour. How to squeeze in both? Well, I think I've found a way. So right now, I'm surfing the DAZ Forums at the bar at my neighborhood Applebee's, all the while composing my current entry. I know what I want to do, I just hope my system will be able to handle it! (Lots of figures, so I'm using a lot of Generation-3 figures; does anyone remember when 8 gigabytes of RAM was a lot!?)

Tomorrow. Maybe. I hope.

Anyway -- great, wildly zany, utterly inspired work, everybody! Keep it up!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

Even more great renders since my last visit! Well done, everybody!

Parrotry!? Inspired, positively inspired. And Luci, your multi-level chess vignette is simply enchanting! That pastel color-scheme really makes it! (I'll have more comments, when I have the time to study all of the entries more carefully.)

Speaking of time....

It's great to be back on an assignment, but man, these six-and-a-half-day workweeks and ten-hour days are going to be the death of me!

I've been forced to choose what I do with my remaining time (when I'm not sleeping, that is): rendering, or happy-hour. How to squeeze in both? Well, I think I've found a way. So right now, I'm surfing the DAZ Forums at the bar at my neighborhood Applebee's, all the while composing my current entry. I know what I want to do, I just hope my system will be able to handle it! (Lots of figures, so I'm using a lot of Generation-3 figures; does anyone remember when 8 gigabytes of RAM was a lot!?)

Tomorrow. Maybe. I hope.

Anyway -- great, wildly zany, utterly inspired work, everybody! Keep it up!

....I used to think 12 GB was a lot, now it seems everyone is going with 32 - 64 GB.

I remember before I ever had any net access from home either having to go to the local coffee shop or a nearby pub to get online. The best was this little unpretentious wine bar where I'd sit at a corner of the bar to check the forums & such.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Pull 2... (I almost forgot)
    1447 = Old West Saloon
    1084 = Classroom Furniture
    95 = Safari Animals (African Elephant, Proghorn Antelope, Panthers, Rhino)
    287 = Gaia for Victoria 4

TAG:MelanieL#2

Big Game Racing

Well on paper that antelope looked like a winner, but things don't always turn out as expected...

Also Used:
    Bookmakers: Kori for Olympia with Thalia Hair, Madeline for S6 with Crazy Locks Hair (both with auto-fitted Gaia clothes)
    Riders and Observers: Lorenzo LoRez, Loretta LoRez
    Old West Sheriff's Office, Old West Mercantile, Native Cheyenne Village (ground)
    Flipmode Speed Render Stages (sky)

MelanieL2-Big-Game-Racing.jpg
    1536 x 1152 - 435K
    edited December 1969

Thanks gopherus, Totte and Ken for your comments on my first.

And for my third pull:

1854 = Outdoor Fun Tossing Games
    1215 = Classic Deco: Eclectic 1
    1327 = Gardens of Poseidon - Set Pack Vol. 1
    500 = Marauders

Now that's odd - getting a game-playing set in the pull! But how am I going to combine a living room and underwater??? Will take a little thought I believe.

edited December 1969

@Melanie: Another great entry!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324
    edited April 2014

This is a very clever thread, I love all the creativity!

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited December 1969

This is a very clever thread, I love all the creativity!

Thanks FB!
    You know we are always looking for ideas and sponsors to make it even better ;-)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

TAG:MelanieL#2

Big Game Racing

Well on paper that antelope looked like a winner, but things don't always turn out as expected...

Very funny one, MelanieL! You really put the elements together well. The stirred up dust adds to the believability. I can see that you put a lot of effort into great action poses, too. It worked!
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Totte and barbult.
    I came down with a stinking cold yesterday, so had nothing better to do than sit in front of a warm PC and play - that's why I've nearly finished number 3!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I so envy all you. So far I have not came up with one off the wall Sport from my pulls. I'm not defeated just deflated. I'll come up with something yet.

Great fun stuff so far folks.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I am just thrilled with all the fun stuff you folks have come up with. The renders have such action and fun- full of energy! From chess and racing wildlife to skating on cars, it's an amazing, fun thread. :)

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Roger Miller was wrong; you CAN roller skate in a buffalo herd

OMG.......I thought I was the only living soul who was familiar with that tune........great job everyone........I've only got this far in the thread and tears of laughter are rolling down my face!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Thanks, gopherus, Totte, barbult, MelanieL and Ken!

The pansy wall paper was a sneaky trick, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I retextured the chess set and it was still slow, so there is something in the geometry I guess.

Ken, I am sorry they are keeping you so busy, but glad you aren't missing happy hour or the RRRR forum.

You are so welcome, Zawarkal! I know you will have fun and do some great stuff with it. (I gave my Filter Forge basic license to Zawarkal when I won the professional version in the last RRRR. My special prize to her for excellent postwork.)

gopherus #2 Oh, that is really strange! I just realized what happened. Hehe, so bizarre!
    #3 Wow, I'm sure there are some references (besides Monopoly) I am missing, but I love it!

MelanieL. Sorry about your cold, but it made you sit down and do a wonderful wacky render with Big Game Racing. #1 Parrotry is hialrious too. I love their expressions and poses, expecially the guy in front with his little bird sitting on the perch.

Nice that two of our favorite PAs dropped by. I am glad your are enjoying the renders, maybe as much as we do. :)

My next pull:
    Sky Lords: Allies
    Ron's Edge Grunge
    HFS Terrains- Snowy Mountains
    Dream Home Garage

edited April 2014

Jaderail said:
    221 Cargo Units 2
    1290 Old West Mercantile Interior
    1456 Ron's Explosions
    2007 Waiting in Line Too
    Okay, I finally sat down and started kit bashing and goofing off with content, most of it just from my pulls, even the expressions. So here we go....

Tag: Jaderail#1

After the second round of...
    Timed Team Indoor Vegetable Bazooka Load and BOOM, watch the walls fella's the windows are open..
    it was clear that the team of the Black Bart's was woefully out classed by the Blue Bombers. Most of the town folks had gotten bored, had ringing ears, who forgot to bring in the ear plugs for the spectators guys? And only Big Jim the owner operator of the Dry Gulch Old Time Dry Goods and Feed Store seemed to be having a good time. The fact Big Jim invented the sport, offered the grand prize, if you watched the walls and didn't break a window, was the referee and loved all things that went Boom probably had a lot to do with his enjoyment.
    Bazooka_Boom.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    And for my third pull:

1854 = Outdoor Fun Tossing Games
    1215 = Classic Deco: Eclectic 1
    1327 = Gardens of Poseidon - Set Pack Vol. 1
    500 = Marauders

TAG:MelanieL#3

Underwater Breath-Holding Quoits

The aim of the game is to "catch" as many items of furniture as you can - get a beanbag into a vase or a ring around a chair - before your lung capacity is exhausted. The judges' verdict is final (as indeed your attempt may prove to be).

Also Used:
    Blue Contestant - David 5
    Green Contestant - Genesis Basic Male
    Judges 1 & 2 - V5, Dark Cyreena for Genesis, Mermaid Genesis, Isidor Hair
    Judge 3 - M5, Dark Cyreena for Genesis, Mermaid Genesis, Pure Hair Messy
    UltruMarine Ocean, Angelfish
    Some postwork (in Photoshop Elements 9) with Ron's Water brushes.

MelanieL3-U-B-H-Quoits.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 488K
    edited December 1969

@Luci45 - Thanks for the comments
    @Jaderail - Vegetable Bazooka - well that was worth waiting for - good luck with those windows guys!

My fourth pull:
    445 = Maces and Cudgels
    933 = Treasures of Egypt 2
    1139 = The Forest Whispers
    137 = The Girl

edited April 2014

@MelanieL the expression on the forward one is to much... And believe it or don't potato bazooka's are real. Goolge it.

Pull#2
    176 Big Tools
    1000 Lisa's Botanicals - Strawberries
    961 Leather Suits V4
    816 Halloween Fun

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

@Jaderal: Timed Team Indoor Vegetable Bazooka. Thats an utterly cool render and idea, well done.
    @Melanie: Underwater Breath-Holding Quoits: That looks like a contest they could run in a TV show, well done!

edited December 1969

Tag: Totte#4

Totte said:

#1173 Cannon Pack
    #799 Ad Gladio for Genesis
    #3133 Ochre City
    #3909 Sir Graham Expansion

Also used:
    Ground: Plane primitive with DG Stone Shaders, crowd control barriers
    Blue Serve master: M4 + Ludowich + Regency M4 + Sir Graham + Torch (Ancient Prophecies) + Smay Fire for DS
    Beige Serve master: M4 + Rolf M4 + Regency M4 + Sir Graham + Torch (Ancient Prophecies)
    Players: Genesis Basic Male + Metalize shader
    Volley ball from Pool side
    Ambient and Distant advanced lights

Mortar Full Contact Volley Ball
    Played as ordinary volley ball with a few changes. You serve from a mortar, and you can use any means to prevent your opponents from making a good ball as long as you stay on your side of the fence.

mortar_volleyball.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 350K
    edited December 1969

Love the underwater rummage idea, and what a variety of objects! Cute bubbles too, nice touch. Poor soul on the left obviously didn't plan his oxygen correctly..

The "use any means" while playing Volleyball would be quite interesting and of course the "return" from the first shot. Clever!

And Jaderail, the happy dance of that one dude is just plain fun! Can only imagine the condition of the receiving wall, plenty of "mashed potatoes."

edited December 1969

The Early Days (and Final Days) of Sky Surfing
    Tag: luci45#5

Used:
    Sky Lords: Allies
    Ron's Edge Grunge
    HFS Terrains- Snowy Mountains (Rendo)
    Dream Home Garage

Also used:
    Dream Home Ecclectic
    Pine Trees from Winter Wonderland
    Rope (Rendo Freebie Bionic Rooster)
    Ghost Agent
    Rucker Sack (Poserworld)
    Fog Camera
    Photoshop
    Filter Forge (Extremely Lo-Fi filter)
    Surf's Up Board

air_surfing_.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 622K
    edited December 1969

Luci, skysurfing, what a great concept, love it!

edited December 1969

Totte, can you put a link to this thread in the contest entry only thread, so people can come here to see what products were used? That's a main part of the fun, to see what HAD to be used. You mention the "discussion thread" but don't link to it. I keep having to search for this thread when it gets buried (my subscription keeps dropping off for some reason.)

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Totte, can you put a link to this thread in the contest entry only thread, so people can come here to see what products were used? That's a main part of the fun, to see what HAD to be used. You mention the "discussion thread" but don't link to it. I keep having to search for this thread when it gets buried (my subscription keeps dropping off for some reason.)

Done ;-)

edited December 1969

Tag: barbult #2
    Polar Bear Plunge-Cliff Diving Style
    Souvenir sales were brisk at the annual Polar Bear Plunge-Cliff Diving Style event.

Used:
    Cliffhanger (snow covered textue)
    Calendar Girls for V4 (Head and body shapes and poses for all three sled girls)
    Tamesis Bundle (skin and makeup on all three sled girls)
    Order Up (texture on Short Order Cook outfit on Boris the souvenir seller)

The whole souvenir stand is there just to give the man in Order Up clothing some reason to be in the scene.

Also Used (in no coherent order):
    Michael 4
    Victoria 4
    Genesis
    Boris for G2M
    Various dialed Genesis morphs
    Lovely Bear Re-energized
    Carnival Midway A-Frame
    Midway Games Table
    Shigi hair
    Ceramic heater from recent DAZ freebie Climate Control
    USS Arizona from Schell's Armour Works
    Water from Tropical Coast
    Shopping bag from Everyday Household Items
    Sled from Christmas Accessories (Thanks, Art Collab)
    Bikinis from V4 Basic Wear
    Skydome from Dystopia City Blocks
    Leather Jacket for Genesis and Leather jacket Expansion
    Jacket and Pants from Truck Clothing M4
    Skinny Top
    Mall Jacket
    Mall Boots
    FM Jeans
    Bad Boy M4 Hat
    BRC Dark Thorn for M4 shoes
    Crew shirt from M4 Casual Wear (not visible as rendered, I think)
    Timeless Male Hair for Genesis
    Pen Hair for Genesis
    Hat Hat Hat
    Real Feel Cozy Turtleneck Genesis
    Boots from Onyx for Genesis Male
    Short Order Cook (required for Order Up)
    Jamie Hair for V4
    Marja Hair for V4
    Advanced Ambient, distant, and spotlight

RRRR_Cliffhanger_Calendar_Girls_Tamesis_Order_Up.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Great one barbult, you really rock on this!

edited December 1969

Thanks, Totte, I like yours too!

Pull number 3:
    1541 Yamaki Grid Girls DS
    1563 Victoria 6
    1759 Victoria 6 (Throw out and redraw)
    545 Tex
    1306 Hell Bent for Leather

This was a weird draw for me. I drew Victoria 6 twice, so I threw out the second one and redrew. I got her once from the individual purchase and the second one from the Pro pack that I got a super deal on later. So she was in my list twice. Then I got two texture sets for the same model (M4 Cowboy). I've never had that happen before, either. And what's with this heavy Western theme we seem to have going this month? It started with Luci45's wonderful cowboy pole vault.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Totte.

This conest keeps getting wackier! :lol:
    Jaderail#1 Hilarious@ I especially love the expressions. Big Jim really is really loving it.
    MelanieL#3 Truly wonderful!!! I love the blase mer-judges who don't have to worry about breathing and the poor guy in the front. Great scene!
    Totte#4 wow, wicked game! And the servers, so very strange... %-P
    barbult #2 Just nuts, barbult!I got a chill just looking at it. The space heater didn't help. I love the scene and poses, a lot of little weird and crazy subtlties!

No cowboys on my next one, going prehistoric (maybe.)
    Pull#6:
    Jewels of Architecture: Volume 2
    Kentrosaurus
    Mallard
    Sushi Time Two

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on