Vyusur Janna etc in Carrara

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:

If someone interested in, Genesis 8 clone for Janna is available on Rendo.

Thanks !!!

You are very welcome!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,713
    edited May 2020

Autumn Chic

Autumn Chic 1.png
    800 x 1040 - 1M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    edited May 2020

Thank you for creating clones

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited May 2020

Portrait

Jana Portrait 1 Topaz FiltForge.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Bunyip02 said:

Portrait

Very nice! As I see, you are lucky with the shoes.

Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Portrait

Very nice! As I see, you are lucky with the shoes.

Thanks !! Been converting Genesis 3 to blended weight so far.

edited May 2020

Sci-Fi Girl

Janna SciFi 1 Topaz FiltForge 1200.png
    1200 x 1642 - 5M
    Bunyip02 said:

Sci-Fi Girl

It's so beautiful and touching.

Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Sci-Fi Girl

Thanks, but you did make a great model !!!

Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Sci-Fi Girl

Thank you!

I wonder, what environment model did you use in this picture?

edited May 2020
    Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Sci-Fi Girl

Thank you!

Sirius Labs by 3DLust, no longer in the DAZ3D store unfortunately sad

Sirius Labs 1.png
    2256 x 1031 - 1M
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Sci-Fi Girl

Thank you!

Sirius Labs by 3DLust, no longer in the DAZ3D store unfortunately sad

Very sad crying, lovely item.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    Mystiarra said:

i been wanting to put the v4 centurion get up on Janna

i promoted my Janna actor to captain of the dragon guard. smiley

which meant demoting TY2.  i feel bad, but Terai Yuki not sulking.  lol

Try this:

1. Load Janna into Carrara in her default pose/morphs, etc.,
    2. Load in V4 Centurion, but no Fit-To
    3. With Centurion (Model) selected, Go Edit > Fenric > Unlock Figure
    4. With Centurion (Model) selected, Go Animation > Detach Skeleton
    5. Drag "Model" out of the hierarchy and delete the rest of V4 Centurion, leaving only "Model"
    6. Rename "Model" to "Centurion Janna"
    7. With Centurion selected, Go Edit > Center Hotpoint
    8. Align the Centurion over Janna as best you can
    9. Click the Wrench icon (upper left) to enter model room mode in Assemble room
    10. Now use the modeling tools to fit the garment to Janna

- Symmentry works on some items, but make sure to check the opposite side after your first manipulation with symmetry on. Sometimes it seems to be working at a glance, but in reality the mesh is getting all deformed.

Because of going through such catastophes, I now duplicate the model before editing, so I have a master copy to start over with.

Once done, export the garment as an OBJ using the Daz Studio preset and bring it into DS to turn into a conforming asset

Vyusur said:

So cool! I've recently bought several of SickleYield's clones. Work great!

I know a lot of people don't like reading directions, so I just want to pass this along (leanred from SickleYield):

If we want to use a clone to convert clothing from one figure to another, with the notion to then save it to the library for further use, don't use the clone in Fit-To

Instead, deselect the target figure before loading in the clothing or just Cancel the Fit-To popup

Now use the Transfer Utility to fit the clothing to the target figure. In the dialog from the Transfer Utility, always click "Show Options" and put a check into Remove Source from...xxx whatever it says. You'll see it in the list.

Also, after you're done with the Transfer Utility, save the item to the library before firing any morphs. Save it to the library then delete it and bring it back in from the library or things can go all caterwonky.

So if you make a clothing conversion and it's going all caterwonky, that means that you ignored that last thing and now must start over from the beginning - which isn't a long process, so no big deal. But that's something to look out for. Caterwonky = Start over - this time save, delete, load from library before checking morphs. :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Mystiarra said:

Try this:

5. Drag "Model" out of the hierarchy and delete the rest of V4 Centurion, leaving only "Model"

- Symmentry works on some items, but make sure to check the opposite side after your first manipulation with symmetry on. Sometimes it seems to be working at a glance, but in reality the mesh is getting all deformed.

Because of going through such catastophes, I now duplicate the model before editing, so I have a master copy to start over with.

Once done, export the garment as an OBJ using the Daz Studio preset and bring it into DS to turn into a conforming asset

Thanks smiley

Mystiarra said:
    Mystiarra said:

Try this:

Thanks smiley

Pleasure!

I've not tried this on anything newer that Genesis. Well... I haven't tried this on anything but Genesis(1)! LOL

DS is awfully slick on automating a lot of the heavy lifting for us. And quite often, if we're not trying to sell it, it works pretty darned good right out of the box. The difficulties arise when testing all of the different things other people will do with it, as I'm sure Vyusur would agree! :)  

edited May 2020
    Vyusur said:

I know a lot of people don't like reading directions, so I just want to pass this along (leanred from SickleYield):

If we want to use a clone to convert clothing from one figure to another, with the notion to then save it to the library for further use, don't use the clone in Fit-To

Instead, deselect the target figure before loading in the clothing or just Cancel the Fit-To popup

Now use the Transfer Utility to fit the clothing to the target figure. In the dialog from the Transfer Utility, always click "Show Options" and put a check into Remove Source from...xxx whatever it says. You'll see it in the list.

Also, after you're done with the Transfer Utility, save the item to the library before firing any morphs. Save it to the library then delete it and bring it back in from the library or things can go all caterwonky.

So if you make a clothing conversion and it's going all caterwonky, that means that you ignored that last thing and now must start over from the beginning - which isn't a long process, so no big deal. But that's something to look out for. Caterwonky = Start over - this time save, delete, load from library before checking morphs. :)

So many steps! I don't have enough time to mess with all those conversions. With my clone I just fit them all like a charm.

Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited May 2020

Above that I can try half of all the garments storing on my HD without converting anything for less than one minute.

Post edited by Vyusur on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,804
    edited May 2020

but for those of us who still use G or G2 with Carrara we can't as there isn't a clone for them so it's the long way round wink

Vyusur said:
    Vyusur said:

So many steps! I don't have enough time to mess with all those conversions. With my clone I just fit them all like a charm.

Post edited by Stezza on
    edited May 2020

May the Fourth be with you - Attack of the Clones

I often use that Carrara Plugin that they have to give away to convert clothing using clones !

Genesis 3 Female for Genesis 2 Female(s) - https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-for-genesis-2-female-s

Genesis 3 Male for Genesis 2 Male(s) - https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-male-for-genesis-2-male-s

Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Female(s) - https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s

Wear Them All - Autofitting Clones and Clothing Smoothers for Genesis 3 Male(s) - https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-male-s

Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female - https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Not clones but in DAZ Studio you can morph away

Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s) - https://www.daz3d.com/generation-4-legacy-shapes-for-genesis-2-female

Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s) - https://www.daz3d.com/generation-4-legacy-shapes-for-genesis-2-male

Attack of the Clones 1.png
    1897 x 1027 - 296K

I do the same with Genesis clothing. I fit them to Genesis 2 and save them out as Genesis 2 items. Then they fit nicely to any figure with Genesis 2 clone.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i'm still spending money on old V4 outfits
    no worries bout geograft shoes  ugh 
    ​all my goto favoritesare V4

trying to think of 1 gn goto favorite, enamore mage only comes to mind

my fave witchie hats should fit janna without too much worksmiley

i have the old morphing clothes utility.  never tried it on a dsf figure

Wow. I never had much success with auto-fit for anything newer than Genesis 1 in Carrara. Some things worked okay with Genesis 2, but Genesis clothing on Genesis 2 or Genesis 2 clothing on Genesis 1 doesn't work because Carrara (being not upgraded) doesn't know to fire the "Who was this item intended for?" dialog, so it just fits it - and fits it wrongly.

DS is much different because it has been updated and knows each of the generations of Genesis from each other. 

SickleYields's method that I mentioned actually creates a new version of the clothing for the target figure which, in my case of animating in Carrara, makes all the difference in the world. I still have issues with using some of the included morphs - say, movement/style morphs on a piece of Genesis 3 clothing - on a converted version for Genesis 1, probably due to the fact that my Genesis 1 is far from being a Genesis 1 figure anymore - I have a LOT of GenX2 morphs added from V4 and G2F

Mystiarra said:

i'm still spending money on old V4 outfits
    no worries bout geograft shoes  ugh 
    ​all my goto favoritesare V4

trying to think of 1 gn goto favorite, enamore mage only comes to mind

my fave witchie hats should fit janna without too much worksmiley

i have the old morphing clothes utility.  never tried it on a dsf figure

I've been having a blast with older Generation 3 clothing! :)

Woah... I've always wanted to try that utility. Never actually built up the courage to buy it.

Wow. I never had much success with auto-fit for anything newer than Genesis 1 in Carrara. Some things worked okay with Genesis 2, but Genesis clothing on Genesis 2 or Genesis 2 clothing on Genesis 1 doesn't work because Carrara (being not upgraded) doesn't know to fire the "Who was this item intended for?" dialog, so it just fits it - and fits it wrongly.

DS is much different because it has been updated and knows each of the generations of Genesis from each other. 

SickleYields's method that I mentioned actually creates a new version of the clothing for the target figure which, in my case of animating in Carrara, makes all the difference in the world. I still have issues with using some of the included morphs - say, movement/style morphs on a piece of Genesis 3 clothing - on a converted version for Genesis 1, probably due to the fact that my Genesis 1 is far from being a Genesis 1 figure anymore - I have a LOT of GenX2 morphs added from V4 and G2F

yes Yep use the method that best works for you !!!

Genesis clones for Vlad is available at the known place.

edited May 2020
    Vyusur said:

Thanks !!!

Urban Wear for M4 fitted to G2M, then used the clone to fit to Vlad.

Vlad 1 Topaz 800.png
    800 x 1089 - 2M
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:

Thanks !!!

Cute! Completely different character turned out.

edited May 2020
    Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:

Thanks !!!

Glad you liked it !

Another One

Vlad 2 Topaz 800.png
    800 x 1250 - 2M
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:

Thanks !!!

Glad you liked it !

Another One

So nice! I already forgot about Denis additional character.