Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 7

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,152
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    @Miss B, thank you. The terrains were made by Horo by what magical means I know not.

Hmmmmm, maybe we need to pick his brain. ~just kidding Horo~
    Difficult picking at a great void. :coolsmile:
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Got David & Horo's Bryce Vegetation product back out and had another dabble... Then the resulting scene just needed something in it to appreciate the summer flowers in the lush grass... So out comes Dufus to lay in the hazy sunshine we've had here today.

So, I regenerated the terrain layer as 'Gigantic resolution' and then created the noise for the grass. And in the Mat Lab, I removed the transparency on the grass texture. This allowed the render to complete in about a quarter of the time and the grass still looks good enough.

DufusRollOver.jpg
    633 x 975 - 401K
  • pagsovationpagsovation Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guss and Mermaid :-)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: A void? Uh huh, we all should be so lucky to have such a void. ;-)

@Dave: Dufus looks as though he's really enjoying his romp in the grass. And grass looks excellent.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Got David & Horo's Bryce Vegetation product back out and had another dabble... Then the resulting scene just needed something in it to appreciate the summer flowers in the lush grass... So out comes Dufus to lay in the hazy sunshine we've had here today.

So, I regenerated the terrain layer as 'Gigantic resolution' and then created the noise for the grass. And in the Mat Lab, I removed the transparency on the grass texture. This allowed the render to complete in about a quarter of the time and the grass still looks good enough.

Looking good, all good. Flowers worked well too! The dragon is somewhat cat like in temperament perhaps? Like Toothless?

Here's another slew of renders from me.

P57_example_scene9f.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 640K
    P57_example_scene7d.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 500K
    P57_example_scene8a.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 407K
    P57_example_scene10f.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 450K
    P57_example_scene9b.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 678K
    edited May 2014

Oh no, he's not toothless David... But he only has very small baby dwagon teef :cheese:

Back to terrains and materials then... Can't compete with your high res ones David and Horo, but it's fun just having a go... Though I have to say, with terrains, I abandon tons more than I keep.

RockyGorge.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 334K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

Decided it needed something more. :)

RockyGorgeKong.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 357K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 848
    edited December 1969

@Savage64 :-)

edited December 1969

Decided it needed something more. :)

Just what every scene needs... brilliant!

Oh here's a new video. Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - use gel - by David Brinnen

P57_example_scene2_sm.jpg
    1024 x 512 - 216K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,025
    edited December 1969

Great renders from David and Dave.

David thanks for the new video.

edited December 1969

Not completely happy with this one, but sick of messing around with it.

CrossesPic.jpg
    1000 x 700 - 468K
    edited December 1969

Not completely happy with this one, but sick of messing around with it.

Oooh... I like that!

edited December 1969

Thanks, David!

edited December 1969

Some terrain render remixes swapping out lighting and materials.

P57_eg_s2_remix.jpg
    982 x 850 - 289K
    P57_eg_s3_remix.jpg
    982 x 850 - 354K
    P57_eg_s4_remix.jpg
    982 x 850 - 435K
    P57_eg_s5_remix.jpg
    982 x 850 - 355K
    P57_eg_s9_remix.jpg
    982 x 850 - 408K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,152
    edited December 1969

@Dave - Dufus in the gwass looks cool. The grass and flowers look great, as does the fence. The terrain with the car and the ape (it's an ape, not a monkey, right?) is a great idea and nicely done.

@pagsovation - looking good, I don't see what's missing. It all depends on what you set off to accomplish. I like what I see.

I had a bit of fun with one of the newer than new terrains, the same as the first one above in David's post. I added the Grobburg I had purchased ages ago from DAZ 3D. The head is a terrain made from a face scan long ago. The parts in the shadow are lit by a sky dome HDRI, the same David used above, and the key light is provided by the sun. I call it Necromancer's Lair.

NecroLair.jpg
    800 x 667 - 105K
    edited December 1969

Ty, Horo. David: Those landscape renders are amazing, crazy that they were done in Bryce.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ty, Horo. David: Those landscape renders are amazing, crazy that they were done in Bryce.

But of course. :coolsmile:

edited May 2014

Thank you. Here's another one of Horo's terrains but using one of our extreme wide angle lenses in front of the camera.

And another with the techno material applied...

And some other shots

Popup_l.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 466K
    Popup_f.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 583K
    Popup_h.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 515K
    P57_eg_s1_remix.jpg
    982 x 850 - 339K
    P57_wide_angle_shot1.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 598K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Those terrains rock, pun intended.

edited December 1969

@David: All of those new terrains are wonderful. Several look like actual photos.

@Dave: So you've found a new way of crushing cars, eh? Nice work.

@pagsovation: That structure really looks good. Me, myself, and I would most likely lower the light intensity. Unless you're going for the look in that image.

@Horo: Great looking terrain.

franontheedge suggested making the bevels on my boxes rounder in order to do away with a dark patch on the boxes. It took me a bit of playing around to figure out if I beveled the edges twice I'd get nicer edges. The first bevel was made wide enough so that the next bevel would fit in between evenly. The image below shows the first set of boxes on the left, and the new set of boxes on the right. It's just a Bryce sun positioned to light all of the boxes evenly. As you can see, creating a rounder bevel really does help with the overall look of each box.

Grouped_boxes_b4_after_bevel_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 773K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,025
    edited December 1969

Beautiful terrains from David and Horo.

Guss-the boxes are looking nice, I have not played with UV Mapping yet.

Pagsovation- the render looks nice, but I feel it needs more contrast.

Had lots of fun trying out Bryce 7.1 Pro Advanced - use gel - by David Brinnen using different images as the gel on the different lights in available in Bryce.

This render is following David’s instructions with the distant light, using the Furka Hdri which I exported as a Spherical map

Thanks David for mentioning the reason why Bryce locks in the material lab when using a picture. I can’t remember how many times in the past I used the Task Manager to close the program.

gellighttut-david.jpg
    600 x 600 - 57K
    edited May 2014

Very nice Jamie, those look really good!

Mermaid010, impressive!

OK here's something else to have a go with. Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - sphere dome light - by David Brinnen

Edit and... Bryce and DS - sphere fill light and Moon Gate - by David Brinnen

Moon_gate1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 256K
    Sphere_dome_light1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 161K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Interesting once again David thanks.

Of course, I couldn't help myself and had a go... but then got distracted by other lighting toys and came across this anomalous effect.

A spot light with it's volume switched on, using a regular light blue to darker blue gradient gives an odd effect that isn't what I expected to see... Looks cool though.

LightExperiment.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 282K
    edited December 1969

Interesting once again David thanks.

Of course, I couldn't help myself and had a go... but then got distracted by other lighting toys and came across this anomalous effect.

A spot light with it's volume switched on, using a regular light blue to darker blue gradient gives an odd effect that isn't what I expected to see... Looks cool though.

Yeah, volume lights are a bit broken now, I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but now they have bonus quirks. Good result though.

Here's another video about lights. Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - parallel lights - by David Brinnen

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@David, the moongate render is really cool, I love the colors and the whole feel. But the moon appears to be stretched (unless that was intentional)?

edited December 1969

@David, the moongate render is really cool, I love the colors and the whole feel. But the moon appears to be stretched (unless that was intentional)?

Thank you. Well yes and no. As I mentioned in the video, the distortion is due to the FOV used. Ideally this could be corrected in postwork, but given that it was just a demo for the tutorial I thought that was really going a bit too far.

• STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

@ David, renders are beautiful almost photorealistic

@ Guss the boxes look awesome, I had one of those Hungry man dinners the other night ( came out dry and too spicy for my tastes )

Don't post much but I stop by often to check out the wonderful renders, Still work with Bryce but not as much as I would like too, Seeing all these great renders here inspired me to finish one that I had started working on a while back.
    Everything is renderd in Bryce 7, the object is a Frankenstein of parts from other models that I have had for a long time but retextured in Bryce, The scene is lit with one of David and Horos deep space HDRI's, two radial lights and the Bryce sun, The background is one of the volumetric nebula from Bryce on a sphere and the little particles are stars with halos that I learned from one of Horo's tut's, It was rendered with the stars on, then I turned them off and used the spot renderer as an eraser till I had the look I wanted. I did do some very minor color enhancement as well as the text in PSP.

Sub_Atomic.jpg
    595 x 842 - 220K
    edited December 1969

GussNemo and Mermaid010: I agree my render needed some sort of adjustment and I couldn't quite figure it out, but it started to grow on me like a disease, and decided it was "done."

Mermaid: Love that render, excellent in all respects.

edited May 2014

@mermaid: Really like the results you achieved following David's tut.

@David: Great videos, thank you for the work. And thanks for the comment about the boxes. Rather nice, or strange, how adding an additional bevel really helps with the overall look.

@Dave: Those results are really neat.

@dragonsbain: Thank you. I just follow the heating instructions on the hungry man box and have never had a dry dinner. Well, the refried beans are dry buts that's their nature. That style food isn't for everyone, being spicy as you noted. That's a very colorful scene. Model is very nice.

@pagsovation: The overall design of that scene is really great looking, just lowering the light intensity would really give the objects better definition. And if possible, giving those objects different material would really add to the scene.

Post edited by GussNemo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764
    edited December 1969

@chohole: Lucky Dave, He's not from Fionavar, so the goddess will let him live. Nice scene!

@David Brinnen: What a wonderful series of terrain again. How on earth do you spit out so many terrains in so little time? My laptop struggles with a rate of two per week. I really like scene 5c, also because of the texture. Personally, I think the more realistic ones are more beautiful than the ones with (let say) lava.

@Horo, GussNemo : thanks for the kind words. No need to work with only one terrain, though it can be tricky to make several terrains look realistic together.

@mermaid010: Thanks too. I should have explained myself better. I do not save skies (though it is possible), but I tend to save my scenes and when I want to use one part of a scene in another scene, I merge scenes and delete what I don't need anymore.

@cjreynolds: thanks and your terrain looks very foreboding. Best seen large, I saw! Fiddling with the terrain can be a lot of work, but also worthwhile, I think.

@TheSavage64: Dufus really enjoying himself! Very nice grass and flowers. And that ape is mighty big!

@pagsovation: Looks very interesting. The only thing that might change is that it is a bit too light in parts.

@Horo (again). It took me quite a while to see the head in the mountain. I was looking for a larger head, more or less hidden within the mountain face. Very nice lights!

@GussNemo (again). Looks like you have quite enought to eat for the moment! But that's what a hungry man needs.

@mermaid010 (again). Looks like the truck shown by TheSavage64 has lost one of its wheelcovers! Or did the ape eat the rest?

@dragonsbain: bulleteye or eyeball? Great background!

Finally, another terrain. I almost had one finished (that had three partial copies of the same terrain) at about 65% rendered when my laptop totally froze for unknown reasons. Here is the lesson: always save before you render! (everybody knew, even me, stupid me!) So I had to start over and decided to do with only one terrain. However, I wanted it modified and did not get what I want in the DTE, so I exported the picture from the DTE and played with it in Photoshop Elements until I was happy (after several views in Bryce). The texture is originally by David Brinnen, I think. I modified it slightly. Render in premium with true ambience. Took more than two days. Exported to HDR and tone-mapped in Picturenaut.

mountainland5.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1021K
This discussion has been closed.