Auto Muscle Enhancer HD [Commercial]

Comments

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,034

terry_duquette said:

Great to see you got everything working and playing together nicely. Makes me want to get back at the G8M platform again. I have been spending my efforts trying to emulate AME with my own morphs and ERC freezes on the G8F platform. Actually getting some respectible results. Can't get the details of D.Master's AME though, his HD morphs really do bring out the next level. Continue the great work. TD

Thanks for the props and the assist, TD. I'll have some shots of K'werks' Katerina shortly.

edited June 2021

TD, you had used K'Werks' Katerina as an example in your character porting/platform transfer tutorial. As it happens, she has been in my runtime in her native G8F format for some time. Here, the small-in-stature (she's billed as being a mere five feet tall) bodybuilder is presented on the G8M platform with ASE/AME enhancements. If I could only sort out why the third segment of her thumbs bend sideways instead of linearly, she'd be flawless. Enjoy these three shots of her posing in an urban rubble environment.

Katerina - G8M AME Test-low-light.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 1M
    Katerina - G8M AME Test 2-low-light.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 1M
    Katerina - G8M AME Test 3-low-light.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by RenderPretender on

By the way, I'm wondering if TD or anyone else who's using the G8F to G8M solutions to AME/ASE have come across any solutions for the deformation that occurs to the fronts of skirts and dresses in the crotch area? That seems to be a consistent problem area. It's discernable in the first image above, though minimally.

• RenderPretender said:

By the way, I'm wondering if TD or anyone else who's using the G8F to G8M solutions to AME/ASE have come across any solutions for the deformation that occurs to the fronts of skirts and dresses in the crotch area? That seems to be a consistent problem area. It's discernable in the first image above, though minimally.

I have also seen this issue, haven't figured a workaround. It may get worse and completely out of hand (large spikes, depending how much mesh smoothing going on) if you save and then re-open. I usually have to reload the clothing if that happens. The center of the crotch can also be a challenge for some clothing articles.  Artifacts of the "cloning process", I guess. TD

terry_duquette said:

RenderPretender said:

I have also seen this issue, haven't figured a workaround. It may get worse and completely out of hand (large spikes, depending how much mesh smoothing going on) if you save and then re-open. I usually have to reload the clothing if that happens. The center of the crotch can also be a challenge for some clothing articles.  Artifacts of the "cloning process", I guess. TD

It seems to depend on the item in terms of the severity, but all skirts and dresses seem to suffer from it to varying degrees. The type of smoothing - generic or base shape matching - can help on some items. But it's very frustrating... that and fitting heels.

• All,  the first two shots are me back working on the G8.1M now that a UV convertor showed up! The next two are the G8.1F and my ongoing AME emulations, these include D.Masters' Bicep and shoulder flex morph's, lots of ASE tuning, and my multiple custom morphs, ERC efforts and tuning to make it all work! I can't even tell you how many iterations and scaling attempts I have done. I think I am crazy, keeps me occupied though. The last shot is also my ongoing attempts at a "lean" figure on the G8F platform. 

RenderPretender, about the skirt issue, I thought I could solve it with some dedicated work, trying to use the CrossGender clothing convertor script, but to no avail. That script works great if you want to fit the clothes from G8F to G8M, but not if you want the G8M to be in the CrossGender configuration. Anyway I did manage to fix the bottom front skirt issue, but it caused upper Chest/Breast area issues that were even less desireable, so I ultimately called it a failure. I will keep trying stuff as always, its what I do. TD

8.1 HD materials.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 440K
    num2.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 449K
    G8.1F Nadya 1.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 231K
    G8.1F Nadya 2.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 238K
    G8F Rorie 1.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 450K
    edited June 2021

TD, how are you getting the heels to work on a G8F to G8M conversion?

Post edited by RenderPretender on
  • RenderPretender said:

The heels I have had the most success with are embedded in the Aaryn outfits, so far all of them have Auto-Fit without issue. Everything else is hit and miss. Alot of boots don't work either, especially G3F based ones.  TD 

terry_duquette said:

RenderPretender said:

The heels I have had the most success with are embedded in the Aaryn outfits, so far all of them have Auto-Fit without issue. Everything else is hit and miss. Alot of boots don't work either, especially G3F based ones.  TD 

Thanks, I'll have to try one.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited June 2021

Working on a visual novel and just spent a frustrating week trying to cross-gender a female character from G8M so I can use AME G8M on her. Way too many stumbling blocks to make it worth it, with clothing and shoe fit problems, hair challenges, breast challenges, eyelash challenges, limitations in accessories I can use (jewelry and fingernails for example). It just goes on and on. This works well enough (though still very challenging) for basic still images, but if you have varied requirements imposed by scene, and constraints based on story, scenario and character requirements multiplied across hundreds of renders in a dozen or more chapters of a story it's just not going to fly.

The hope of a female version of AME for my character is something I should have abandoned long ago. At this point I've caused many months of project delay. It's time to "pull the trigger" on my VN project and move on without it.

It looks like DMaster has moved on from Daz content creation, since he hasn't logged in for months now. I wish him well in whatever new life chapter he's started. I can't imagine having to recover from the same loss he's faced. AME when coupled with ASE is one of the most amazing Daz products I've used.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on
  • terry_duquetteterry_duquette Posts: 252
    edited July 2021

mikethe3dguy said:

Working on a visual novel and just spent a frustrating week trying to cross-gender a female character from G8M so I can use AME G8M on her. Way too many stumbling blocks to make it worth it, with clothing and shoe fit problems, hair challenges, breast challenges, eyelash challenges, limitations in accessories I can use (jewelry and fingernails for example). It just goes on and on. This works well enough (though still very challenging) for basic still images, but if you have varied requirements imposed by scene, and constraints based on story, scenario and character requirements multiplied across hundreds of renders in a dozen or more chapters of a story it's just not going to fly.

The hope of a female version of AME for my character is something I should have abandoned long ago. At this point I've caused many months of project delay. It's time to "pull the trigger" on my VN project and move on without it.

It looks like DMaster has moved on from Daz content creation, since he hasn't logged in for months now. I wish him well in whatever new life chapter he's started. I can't imagine having to recover from the same loss he's faced. AME when coupled with ASE is one of the most amazing Daz products I've used.

In practice I totally agree with the challenges of converting the G8M into a G8F facsimile. Things that help are saving material and wearable presets so they can be easily accessed again after they are set up. Especially the wearable presets, this can save all the clothing and hair (including body hair) in an easily accessible location. This however does involve some "up front" work. Still failures do occur.

I haven't posted in awhile, because I didn't have any new stuff to add from my previous posts. I have been trying to figure out more in the ERC realm, and studying D.Masters work along with others, finally led me to a workable solution. I have saved out my morphs and the accompanying ERC freezes, along with a Master Control that mimics D.Masters Flex control and the Musculature HD product. Attached are some images of the Baseline G8F cloned onto the G8M platform with AME/ASE Musculature HD Flex Control and Finally my own enhancements to get the final look I was pursuing. I have saved these as Morph assets, and they are now available with every figure I open, not just a saved figure. I haven't figured out all the ERC controls yet (probably never will!), but this does get me one step closer. I have nothing but admiration  for these product developers! My enhancements only include arm and calf morphs currently (12 total) with ERC to the hand and forearm controls. I can now start from a stock figure, and pose at will with just a few settings.  If there is interest, I can try to put a class together, but it would be significant, I have been studying and experimenting for quite awhile to get here.

Happy to answer questions and keep the Enhancements going!!

TD

Enhanced AME!.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 766K
    Full Enhance.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Musculature HD only.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    AME Only.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    ASE Only.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by terry_duquette on
  • edited August 2021

Hey guys, I am running daz 4.15 and am having trouble getting started. I went back to page 24 where Mike the 3d guy entered the fight. I am by no means a pro at daz but very much want this to work on g8f. I understand you need to clone the g8f to g8m but that is where i am having issuses. I have the genesis UV swap and the cross figure resource kit. Every time i use the transfer utility nothing happens or the 2 bodies or become one with deformaties. Once i have the 2 models by themselves i go to the transfer utilities. Sourse is the g8f with item shape selected to default Target is the g8m and item shape is selected to clone g8f. Projection template is selected to none. According to Terry the boxes selected are do I uncheck all the boxes except for morph targets, smart left/right filtering, and concider lines as rigid. Now either nothing happens at all and I still have my 2 models standing there with no changes or if i go to transfer utilities again and leave all the pre checked items i get stuck at 22% just like Mike did! I don't know what I am missing? I've read the post close to 100 times but and still scratching my head.

snip 1.PNG
    504 x 710 - 32K
    Post edited by ricktor_345b893b97 on
  • ricktor_345b893b97 said:

Hey guys, I am running daz 4.15 and am having trouble getting started. I went back to page 24 where Mike the 3d guy entered the fight. I am by no means a pro at daz but very much want this to work on g8f. I understand you need to clone the g8f to g8m but that is where i am having issuses. I have the genesis UV swap and the cross figure resource kit. Every time i use the transfer utility nothing happens or the 2 bodies or become one with deformaties. Once i have the 2 models by themselves i go to the transfer utilities. Sourse is the g8f with item shape selected to default Target is the g8m and item shape is selected to clone g8f. Projection template is selected to none. According to Terry the boxes selected are do I uncheck all the boxes except for morph targets, smart left/right filtering, and concider lines as rigid. Now either nothing happens at all and I still have my 2 models standing there with no changes or if i go to transfer utilities again and leave all the pre checked items i get stuck at 22% just like Mike did! I don't know what I am missing? I've read the post close to 100 times but and still scratching my head.

Ricktor,

Looks to me like you did not click on the Morph Targets option to open up the Extended Options menu, then you can tag the favorites in that menu. The Transfer Utility menu box should look EXACTLY like shown from my post on P. 28. Make sure you have the morphs you want to move from G8F marked as favorites (tag those little hearts so they are solid, and ensure they show in the favorites dialogue box).  Keep at it, it originally took me awhile to get it working, but I use this method very reliably now.  TD

• edited August 2021

Ricktor,

Looks to me like you did not click on the Morph Targets option to open up the Extended Options menu, then you can tag the favorites in that menu. The Transfer Utility menu box should look EXACTLY like shown from my post on P. 28. Make sure you have the morphs you want to move from G8F marked as favorites (tag those little hearts so they are solid, and ensure they show in the favorites dialogue box).  Keep at it, it originally took me awhile to get it working, but I use this method very reliably now.  TD

Ok I went back and rechecked all the peramiters and when I hit accept I get a 1/4 second of progress bar so quick I cant read what it is saying. And i'm left with both my models untouched. Everything is the same as in your post but I have to be missing something. I even used the same 2 models. I ensured that the morphs I wanted to carry over into the G8M were clicked ( hearts were solid ). After I hit the accept button it is like i had just placed the characters there. Nothing happens dispite having a very short progress bar. Like I said before, I have the UV swap and the cross figure resource kit. Is there anything else I am missing? Is there a step before this one that I am missing? Thanks again for your help Terry!

snip 1.PNG
    493 x 689 - 32K
    Post edited by ricktor_345b893b97 on
  • You missed in the extended options menu to choose in the drop down menu "Favorites". TD

• Ok so I went back and made sure the drop down menu was selected to favorites but the same thing happens. Progress bar with no action.  Attached file is from the G8F and the morphs i want brought over. when i highlight the G8M it has none of the favorites transfered over and appears like nothing has happened.

Capture 1.PNG
    599 x 789 - 58K
  • The transferred morphs onto the G8M platform will NOT be shown as favorites. You marked them as favorites from the G8F platform, but that marking does not transfer. Go look for them in the same locations as they came from on the G8F platform. TD

• Ok thanks again for all your help. You are a patient man. Success it worked. I was understanding that the male model would morph into the G8f on the screen. I didn't know you had to physically change the sliders. It took some looking but I found all the sliders... However there is a hint of the G8M there you can see it in the face as well as the body... how do I completely remove that. Dude this is rad! It should bring a whole new dimension to my renders!

Capture 1.PNG
    1717 x 1168 - 2M
    edited August 2021

Looks like you are still missing the cross-figure base clone, or the transgender morph to layer the G8F character morphs on top of. But you are getting there! I currently use a blend to address some of the breast/nipple issues, check the previous postings. TD

• Well I have had some sucess. However I can't get rid of the male body reminants. I'm my opinion it wrecks it. Can you point me in the right direction with the cross figure base clone or the transgender morph? I have the transgender shapes morph kit is that the same thing? I can get it close but it still looks manish. Cod piece ho! G8F is on the left. There are some errors But i think I will get those in time!

wren test.png
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    wren test 2.png
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    wren test 3.png
    2560 x 1440 - 2M
    edited August 2021

Genesis 8 Cross-Figure Resource Kit | Daz 3D

Also check my post on P.24 of this forum for a freebie from the Dev-Art page. You need either one of these to clone the G8F onto the G8M. It is all here in the forum.  The cross-gender kit is great for unique character development, but not meant as a G8F clone tool. TD

• Ok I installed it to the data folder in das3d library... Do I need to do anything different when using this mod?

• Don't know which product you obtained, screen cap locations of both attached. I usually one or both in combo to 100%, then dial the G8F character morphs you imported. If you pose, and the character deforms, see one of my previous posts on setting the rigging while in the default pose, P.28 TD

agentuna transgender location.png
    1920 x 1080 - 785K
    Cross-Figure location.png
    1920 x 1080 - 778K
  • Perfect... Worked out great. Rigging post I saw and thankyou for your help...

• Glad we got you there! May have helped some other folks along the way also. Enjoy playing with D.Masters stuff, I am still experimenting all the time!!  TD

• Nice going ricktor! TD is definitely a community asset.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084
    edited August 2021

Here are a couple of a character I have been working on for a long time (you have seen him before in other iterations) and I think I might actually be finished. I have him here both with and without Normals.

1 Scott Mainz 8.1 Ultra 6.0 Normals Brute HD 100.png
    768 x 1024 - 358K
    1 Scott Mainz 8.1 Ultra 6.0 No Normals Brute HD 100.png
    768 x 1024 - 353K
    Scott Mainz 8.1 Ultra 6.0 Normals Brute HD 100.png
    768 x 1024 - 371K
    Scott Mainz 8.1 Ultra 6.0 No Normals Brute HD 100.png
    768 x 1024 - 366K
    Post edited by Sigurd on
    edited August 2021

Sigurd, welcome back! Looking at your character with and without the normals, the normals bring in that little bit extra of "hardness" for me. Nice work.

Picked up these new stylized characters because of his "extremely toonish" musculature.  I think a little of his body (thin joints with popped musculature) will bring a new look to the thinner forms I seem to prefer. Meanwhile I just threw together the baseline package characters, ported the female over to G8M with all textures and eyebrows, added AME/ASE/AFE to both. The male is 15% AME, the Female Clone has 40% of the male body blended in and is 10% AME. Both characters with Musculature HD Flex, and my own AME flex enhancements and set at SubD 2 to keep that "Sylishly Toonish" look. Looking forward to porting him into the G8F platform so I can use a bit of his body on some of those shapes and characters also. TD

2021.jpg
    1004 x 1300 - 471K
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Thanks td. I like the Normals for that cinematic look; when you need that over-the-top definition (movie posters, bodybuilding competition, dramatic fight scene). I like the No-Normals for a relaxed, more common look (barechested guy walking down the street).

Wow td, those look great. I have never been that into the highly stylized figures but adding realistic musculature to them is really a game changer.

I really love this product, it is my most used mod and would definitely rate it as one of the best/most useful available in Daz. I miss D.Master.

On another note, I have been pondering perhaps doing some custom figures in Blender and porting them to Daz (I have not a lot of spare time at present but I am curious). Anyone have any experience with this? How hard is it to rig?

Thanks.

edited August 2021

RenderPretender said:

Render Pretender,  and all with the issue mentioned above. Shown below is a default D-Force simulation, which nearly eliminates the offending wrinkle. If the clothing doesn't have a modifier you will have to add the "Add dForce Modifier: Dynamic Surface". Shown below is just using the baseline Simulation settings from the start pose. Any Simulation should probably be able to smooth that area also. For me the best practice is to turn off/hide all items not being Simulated, hair, glasses shoes, jewelry etc., seems to greatly speed things up! I also showed the Smoothing iteration and Push Modifier settings that I use to help fit items. Smoothing iterations are generally 3-10, and  the Push Modifier I start with (0.05, 0.75, 0.1, 0.15, etc.) using the smallest amount that will eliminate the push thru's. Don't be afraid to add a Push Modifier and/or a Smoothing Modifier to other items like shoes, jewelry, hair etc., it can sometimes help eliminate or repair fitting issues.

Good Luck, TD

G8M dress fix before.png
    1920 x 1080 - 642K
    G8M dress fix1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 713K
    G8M Teen Kaylee Dress Fix.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 252K