Trouble with Alchemist hair.

I tried this over on the commons but got no help.

I'm having trouble rendering The Alchemists hair and beard set in Iray. No matter what color I tint the fibermesh hair set it will start out the correct color but by the time it finishes rendering it has turned completely white. I have tried this using differend characters. I have tried this attempting to change things under the Surfaces tabs (which I don't understand at all)

What Am I missing?

The following screen grabs will give you an idea of the problem. The upper left corner is the final

24c36bd01951d937b5fcd6b1eb09ad.jpg
800 x 800 - 212K

Comments

• Don't have that hair, a screenshot of the Surfaces panel might help.

Emissive should be black.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

It's like the hair has the emissive light turned on by being set to white because it looks to white and bright to be another cause. I don't have the product though to check the default it ships with.

• cclesuecclesue Posts: 420
    edited February 2020

Here is a complete set of the surfaces tabs and you will note that the emmisive is set to black.

I might note that this render is of everthing straight out of the box so to speak. I made no adjustments to the surfaces tabs

SurfaceTabs.jpg
    1088 x 859 - 336K
    Post edited by cclesue on
  • I think those glossy settings may be the problem. Try black and possibly another option opposed to scatter and transmit. If that's better, then change the black to whatever colour you want the hair to be and see what happens.

• cclesuecclesue Posts: 420

Well that fixed the problem. Thank you Catherine3678ab

• You're welcome, glad you got it working now :-)

• I had the same problem, and it fixed it for me as well. Thank you very much!