....server issues?

...seem to be getting a number of The requested URL /forums/discussion/xxxx/<name>thread was not found on this server. errors suddenly when clicking on thread titles.

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

someone has stolen the whole Carrara & Hexagon boards!

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,422

yeah ..its a mess ... I added forward slash / to the end of the url and got in here

• someone has stolen the whole Carrara & Hexagon boards!

try https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/carrara-discussion

but none of the topics open for me ~ gonnnnnnnne!

someone has stolen the whole Carrara & Hexagon boards!

try https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/carrara-discussion

• adding the forward slash let me reach notifications so yes that is one solution 

I couldn't be bothered frigarsing around 

obviously someone at daz didn't get a valentines card lol

• I couldn't be bothered frigarsing around 

obviously someone at daz didn't get a valentines card lol

it could be related to the new security measures many browsers were rolling out today on blocking http links on https pages

• from posts on Facebook, it's not just DAZ

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635
    edited February 2020

I'm getting Random 404s too - in a LOT of threads and also, annoyingly, my PMs where I can see my inbox, I know there's an important PM there, but I cant get the message open to respond crying (and sadly forward-slashing doesn't work)

Edit: It's not random - it's the same threads/inbox every time (and some but not all attached images) - I'm just not sure what the pattern is...

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • now some Carrara forum threads are broken for me too angry

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,812

Something very strange is going on. The forum won't let me log in on Firefox, but it will with Chromium browsers. It's not even giving an error message when I click the little guy up in the corner; it just does nothing at all.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,812

And I just tried to edit my last post to note that the forum message inbox won't let me send messages -- when I click on a thread, it says "not found" -- but it won't let me edit forum posts, either. If I try to edit, it says "Not found: the requested URL /forums/vanilla/post/editcomment/5456906 was not found on this server." Despite the fact that I'm looking at the post right there! Directly above this one! 

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814

They are working on some things at the moment, sorry for any inconvenience. I will say atm I seem to be having better luck with Chrome but yes they are working on some things so hopefully things will be back to normal shortly 

• Well, at least I'm logged in to the forums again. Could this glitch be anything to do with the massive number of "unable to load personalised data" errors I've been getting since last night? And still getting up until about ten minutes ago?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

The forums were down for hours last night/ wee hours of this morning. When I went to bed it said page not found for the entire forums. The site was SO slow and glitchy yesterday with 502s all over the place, hopefully that was fixed too.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,422

i thought it was fixed earlier, but I couldn't log in again just prior to posting ... it finally worked. everything slow again too

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    Novica said:

The forums were down for hours last night/ wee hours of this morning. When I went to bed it said page not found for the entire forums. The site was SO slow and glitchy yesterday with 502s all over the place, hopefully that was fixed too.

Yeah, same for me here, too. Could not access the forums at all for many hours. Did all the usual trashing of caches, etc., but nothing. Most of the "is it down?" sites only check the domain, so kept reporting that "Daz.com" was up and working fine. Well, duh. I knew that. Finally found one that checked the actual url all the way through and confirmed that the forum access was: "It's dead, Jim."

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited February 2020

They are working on some things at the moment, sorry for any inconvenience. I will say atm I seem to be having better luck with Chrome but yes they are working on some things so hopefully things will be back to normal shortly 

Good to know, thanks! So will the auto-logging off bug be finally fixed?

EDIT: Nope, looks like it's here to stay...

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

my guess is the new daz guy that stuffed up the view counter went all out on this latest forum fix. cool

• Seems to be working again now - got to my inbox at last, yay!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    Novica said:

..where I am it was occurring around 18:00 local time (US west coast) which is not the wee hours for Daz as they are only 1 hour ahead. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

..I'm on Chrome and every thread (save for the "Stupid Thread") was kicking back the 404 error.