BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Spring Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ☼♪♫♪☼ SPRINGTIME ☼♪♫♪☼

123457»

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Cheers, Mermaid. Btw...was wondering what your latest creation was...doh...the hare and the tortoise ;)

Jay

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

@jamahoney : thank you! This place is note for rent but the mountain house will be available for download at deviant art (c-ramgfx, go to the pict in my gallery) in some few days.

@horo : you're right, for this one, I've been inspired of some alps photos, especially French alpines valley.

@rashad : thank you so much for your great and helpful comments! Well, I don't have your skill with technical explanation but to me, the fact that leaves are able to catch part of lightning and diffuse light progressively in trees foliage is a part of sss effect.

@gussnemo and mermaid : thanks a lot! Great entry from both of you!

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

My final entry Spring TIME (clockworks) was made up mostly of gears made by BadFairie over at ShareCG... and Horo had asked if I had modeled them... and I immediately felt that I surely could have modeled them as I had, the spring in the image, but I took the easier route by using a model made by someone else... So to make it all better for myself I made some gears and sprockets now available at Share CG...
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/75841/browse/5/3D-Model/Free-Cogs-Sprockets

It's not always laziness on my part my, by using others' stuff.... but in this case it was...
    Hope someone will find them useful
    Steve

cog_sprocket_jpeg_complete.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 347K
  • fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

mtnmen said:
    My final entry Spring TIME (clockworks) was made up mostly of gears made by BadFairie over at ShareCG... and Horo had asked if I had modeled them... and I immediately felt that I surely could have modeled them as I had, the spring in the image, but I took the easier route by using a model made by someone else... So to make it all better for myself I made some gears and sprockets now available at Share CG...
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/75841/browse/5/3D-Model/Free-Cogs-Sprockets

It's not always laziness on my part my, by using others' stuff.... but in this case it was...
    Hope someone will find them useful
    Steve

Thank you. I hope to find a use for these!

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755
    edited December 1969

@mtnmen: nice looking cogs!

I suddenly had some inspiration for a second entry. Admittedly not fully an original idea, but I hope people like it.

Made the branches and flowers in Hexagon. The (love) birds are made from metaballs in Bryce (and I used them somewhere before). The trees are from Greenworks and came with one of the Bryce packages I bought in the past. All posing and texturing and rendering in Bryce. Used a default sky as IBL and Premium settings with true ambience at 256 rays/pixel. As you can see, I reenabled the sun to make clear shadows.
    I did a bit of tone mapping in Picturenaut because the Bryce render was a bit too vague and put my signature in PS Elements.

Title of the contribution: "spring flowers are go!"

Mind you, I used three meanings of spring, two English and one Dutch!

Itsspring2.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 933K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

@mtnmen - thanks for the cogs. Now you did model them.

@hansmar - looking nice. The Dutch meaning is also the German meaning.

• dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Everyone:
    First and foremost, great renders from everyone, and good luck to the judges! hahaha
    I thought I would run thru the whole thread and point out the elements I like and aspire to learn. I hope I didn't miss anyone or mix up anyone's work.

chohole:
    love "ready set go", I am wondering how you get such perfectly long grasses? the colors used or lighting in "Mad_as_March_Hsres" is just awesome, and the vignette really works with your style here.
    "willow_nymph_6a" has got to be my favorite, just love it.

bullit35744:
    love all the color and the wide range of plants in "Spring_Evening1a" really like the light and color of "WIP1a"

TheSavage:
    great vegetation in "SpringGreen"
    "SpringHedge2" man those trees are awesome, and nice use of D.O.F
    "DragonFly7" yep , that's the one, I am not sure how much more perfect you could get it!

Horo:
    "SpringEvoking" is a very artistic creation, really got lost in the look and feel
    "Garden" is a nice showcase scene for those textures

YellowPen:
    "an_Angels_kiss_in_Spring" those floating terrains are beautiful, love this idea. and the wings on the Angle are so full!
    love the big tree in "Spring_2"
    "Spring_3_-_tender_feelings" perfect lighting in this image.

Mermaid010:
    nice use of traditional spring colors, your abstracts are all individuals. fav is "Spring Bubbles"
    "springchallenge3" like the way the path is "in" the terrain, I have been working those types of layered/level looks, and they are not as easy as one would think

GussNemo:
    nice choices in materials and the build is cool. in "Spring_Time_Image_1"
    "Spring_3_-_tender_feelings" has some serious depth, and I get the weeds idea, same thing for our yards here, everything is lifeless for at least another month.

Jamahoney:
    ‘Life will find a way’ is beautiful, perfect textures and colors
    "MakeAWish" has made me realize something about Bryce renders, many of the details have a weight to theme, this peice reminds me to make finer lines and allow the scene to feel light, beautiful!
    "WhileYouWereSleeping3" like the idea for sure
    a nature journal on folklore what a creative thing to do
    "springdome" is beautiful, now I am thinking it would be great to have a shelf of globes with a theme like cities around the world. awesome!

JStryder:
    wonderful clown scene, I though it evokes some sad feelings, it is very cool. the angle and feel of "Halpert_with_Cherry_64_s" is very well done.

Sean Riesch:
    love those grasses and rocks, hope you stay working on this one, as I am still getting veg. and terrains down I know the feeling of missing something.

mtnmen:
    "Rocco_in_the_waterfall4" is a cool idea, I like it when objects interact with water.
    "Cogs-Sprockets" are very well modeled thank you for sharing

fictionalromance:
    "SpringSwing_Wip" The rope on the swing is wicked! nice job.
    nice use of color and layout in "Tropical_Spring"

jamilan:
    a sun dial with a live center piece, that's all kinds of original thinking!

adbc:
    love the buildings and use of light in "Very_early_Spring"

hansmar:
    what can I say, that is really cool, love all variation in shapes and textures, " “spring flowers are go!” is some serious out of the box thinking.very fun.

dan whiteside:
    love the idea, its cool to think of a cyborg, connecting to nature, the mechanics of the cyborgs body is perfect.

c-ram:
    "Spring_Time2" Seriously nailed that image out of the park! I am just learning terrains, trees and vegetation, so this is very inspirational , and says alot about the power of these apps and what can be accomplished, perfect!

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: That is a charming scene. Love the idea of the rabbit encouraging the turtle.

@c-ram: Thank you very much.

@mtnmen: Great looking clock parts. Hope others find them as interesting.

@hansmar: What a novel idea for a scene, spring flowers. Spring just waiting to take off.

@dana: Thank you for your comments.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,096
    edited December 1969

Everyone made such beautiful entries.
    @The Savage64 : your latest Dragonfly looks perfect
    @Jamahoney : wonderful springdome
    @c-ram : just wow !
    @mermaid010 : "hurry it's spring" like the scene
    @mtnmen : thanks for the cogs
    @hansmar : like your latest interpretation of "spring flowers are go"

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Here is my updated and final entry, "spring on the mountain". The updates are actually relatively minor, but took forever to render, even as spot render patches. I actually had to lower the cloud material quality a bit to get it done on time, but hopefully it's still ok. Some flowers got moved around and there are a few patches to rocks and moss and cloud changes, but the biggest change was simply to add another rock cluster and tree in the middle of the picture to break up the mountain somewhat and try to make it less prominent. I also raised one of the tree terrains slightly to add a few more trees and block a bit of the white.

Ideally I would have added a sea of flowers, but with the flowers I chose that was simply impossible to do, so it's more of a meadow with scattered flowers.

spring_on_the_mountain.jpg
    1608 x 1005 - 2M
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2014

All done and dusted now.

I shall get the voting thread ready for the judges, if our nice spring weather allows me to. Thunderstorms in the forecast.

Post edited by Chohole on