[Released] Movie Maker Iray - Official - Images / Animations [Commercial]

Comments

• DreamlightDreamlight Posts: 348
    mavante said:

Thank you again. I think they are all revolutionary products for animators. I enthusiastically look forward to there being more iRay versions. 

Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm looking at that possibility...

Apologies if I've missed this, but do you have any plans to do a metropolis nighttime scene? I don't animate, but I'm always looking for more city HDRIs!

Hi there, I might do one!

• thedoctorthedoctor Posts: 195

Apologies if I've missed this, but do you have any plans to do a metropolis nighttime scene? I don't animate, but I'm always looking for more city HDRIs!

I'd love to have a night version too. I was working on a comic with a series of panels showing passing time and this was a great tool for that purpose. Kudos for having so many great camera positions that are identical between the three sets. So awesome to be able to get such great renders without the time and polygon load and setup hassle. Now I need the night version bad!!!

thedoctor said:

I'd love to have a night version too. I was working on a comic with a series of panels showing passing time and this was a great tool for that purpose. Kudos for having so many great camera positions that are identical between the three sets. So awesome to be able to get such great renders without the time and polygon load and setup hassle. Now I need the night version bad!!!

Glad you like the camera matching! ...and I hear you! :)

edited March 2020

Say, I have a request if you do ever update these sets. I know you can't do every camera angle (and I'm very pleased with the number and variety you did include). However, in street scenes a very common shot that we use often is to have the camera aligned with the crosswalk so the camera sees the character(s) straight on. Unless I'm mistaken, the closest I can come to such a crosswalk shot is camera 32 (see attached). It is a small thing, but it would be very useful to have a camera or two in the middle of the crosswalk and/or on the curb looking down the center of the crosswalk to get this classic shot.

THANKS AGAIN for the great product. 

Walking Past2.png
    1300 x 731 - 1M
    Post edited by thedoctor on
    thedoctor said:

Say, I have a request if you do ever update these sets. I know you can't do every camera angle (and I'm very pleased with the number and variety you did include). However, in street scenes a very common shot that we use often is to have the camera aligned with the crosswalk so the camera sees the character(s) straight on. Unless I'm mistaken, the closest I can come to such a crosswalk shot is camera 32 (see attached). It is a small thing, but it would be very useful to have a camera or two in the middle of the crosswalk and/or on the curb looking down the center of the crosswalk to get this classic shot.

THANKS AGAIN for the great product. 

Hey doc, this is exactly the kind of feedback I need... Love it, thank you! And great render too! :)

I also really appreciate that you have so many high altitude camera positions. These allow you to make your interior office scenes appear realistically at higher floors.

Office_Overcast.png
    2560 x 1440 - 6M
    Office Walk02.png
    2560 x 1440 - 6M
    thedoctor said:

I also really appreciate that you have so many high altitude camera positions. These allow you to make your interior office scenes appear realistically at higher floors.

Oh man, some great renders! Love that you're using the maps as "see-though-windows"..! Yeah, you can do some super-man flying for sure! :)

New set out now: "Movie Maker Iray - Courtyard Day"

https://www.daz3d.com/69-hdris--movie-maker-iray--courtyard-day

See a music video made using this set:

Master Movie Maker - Learn All The Deep Secrets... New video tutorial out now: https://www.daz3d.com/movie-maker-iray-maestro--video-tutorial

Upcoming set: Movie Maker Iray - Courtyard Sunset

<iframe width="560" height="315" src=" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• mavantemavante Posts: 734

Fabulous that you're doing new iRay versions of the original sets!

mavante said:

Well, I'm looking into the possibility and will let you guys know!

edited March 2020
    mavante said:

Oh. I thought the "Courtyard" things were from the original sets.

(Sigh) Have I already confessed to being confused in the "Movie Maker" arena? If not: Yes, I'm confused. Well, wherever they came from the new Courtyard ones look very impressive.

While I'm here, though, I'll mention that Courtyard Day seems pretty blown out in the lit areas. Quite tricky, I suppose, to get the shaded areas "lit enough" without the bright sunlight areas getting overexposed.

Is there any way in setup for a user to adjust for the sunlit areas, even if the shaded areas go very dark, or is it a case of "the information simply isn't there"?

Post edited by mavante on
    mavante said:
    mavante said:

(Sigh) Have I already confessed to being confused in the "Movie Maker" arena? If not: Yes, I'm confused. Well, wherever they came from the new Courtyard ones look very impressive.

While I'm here, though, I'll mention that Courtyard Day seems pretty blown out in the lit areas. Quite tricky, I suppose, to get the shaded areas "lit enough" without the bright sunlight areas getting overexposed.

Is there any way in setup for a user to adjust for the sunlit areas, even if the shaded areas go very dark, or is it a case of "the information simply isn't there"?

Hey, the promo images are slightly Photoshop:ed, but if you look at the last few promo images, where the icons are visible to the left, you can see how the original renders look like. (I did not overexpose the sun-lit areas, they are in fact quite within the range so to speak). You can, to some extent, adjust how you want to "expose" the images since they are HDRI maps. You can adjust ISO for overall exposure, to "overexpose" more, and therefore get more light into the shaded areas, or vice versa. You can also play with gamma, and contrast inside DAZ Studio, black levels and such... I hope that explains this a little more! :)

mavante said:
    mavante said:

Hey, the promo images are slightly Photoshop:ed, but if you look at the last few promo images, where the icons are visible to the left, you can see how the original renders look like. (I did not overexpose the sun-lit areas, they are in fact quite within the range so to speak). You can, to some extent, adjust how you want to "expose" the images since they are HDRI maps. You can adjust ISO for overall exposure, to "overexpose" more, and therefore get more light into the shaded areas, or vice versa. You can also play with gamma, and contrast inside DAZ Studio, black levels and such... I hope that explains this a little more! :)

It helps completely. Thanks for that info. I cannot possibly overstate what a major boon this is to animators—quite in addition to its thousands of uses for still images. This innovation of 360-rendering 3D environments and architecture for use as HDRIs is brilliant.

mavante said:
    mavante said:
    mavante said:

It helps completely. Thanks for that info. I cannot possibly overstate what a major boon this is to animators—quite in addition to its thousands of uses for still images. This innovation of 360-rendering 3D environments and architecture for use as HDRIs is brilliant.

Awesome, glad that helped! :) Also, thank you so much for your feedback, I appreciate it highly! :)

• beowolfbeowolf Posts: 19

Preview of an upcoming set!

I like the space set but that type of space station would be rotating to create a gravity for the occupants,so maybe a set without the space station so maybe we can add our own unless you can figure out a way to make that image move in the background. 

beowolf said:

Preview of an upcoming set!

I like the space set but that type of space station would be rotating to create a gravity for the occupants,so maybe a set without the space station so maybe we can add our own unless you can figure out a way to make that image move in the background. 

Great observation, I appreciate your feedback!

• Hi, I have the Movie Maker DS 4.6 Edition and I use it to make animations which have a transparent background. This 4.6 version lets you turn off the background, shadows, and use your own camera so you can render movies or image files with no backgrounds. Does the Iray version have this feature, where you can just render the subject but turn off all of the backgrounds if you don't want them. And if so, is it a faster renderer for Iray animations? Thanks in advance for any help or information.

Hi, I have the Movie Maker DS 4.6 Edition and I use it to make animations which have a transparent background. This 4.6 version lets you turn off the background, shadows, and use your own camera so you can render movies or image files with no backgrounds. Does the Iray version have this feature, where you can just render the subject but turn off all of the backgrounds if you don't want them. And if so, is it a faster renderer for Iray animations? Thanks in advance for any help or information.

Hi there, well yes, you can turn off the skydome in the render settings. (Render Settings -> Environment -> Draw Dome -> OFF / ON) You can always use your own camera in the Iray version too. Haven't tested if it's faster. In theory, since the backgrounds are pre-made, it means they do not take up much rendering power, but when you remove them, there's literally nothing. So, in theory, it should go a little faster...

edited June 2020

Hi, I have the Movie Maker DS 4.6 Edition and I use it to make animations which have a transparent background. This 4.6 version lets you turn off the background, shadows, and use your own camera so you can render movies or image files with no backgrounds. Does the Iray version have this feature, where you can just render the subject but turn off all of the backgrounds if you don't want them. And if so, is it a faster renderer for Iray animations? Thanks in advance for any help or information.

Hi there, well yes, you can turn off the skydome in the render settings. (Render Settings -> Environment -> Draw Dome -> OFF / ON) You can always use your own camera in the Iray version too. Haven't tested if it's faster. In theory, since the backgrounds are pre-made, it means they do not take up much rendering power, but when you remove them, there's literally nothing. So, in theory, it should go a little faster...

Post edited by Dreamlight on
  • kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Hi Val,

I just discovered Movie Maker and have had a struggle understanding exactly what different things it could be used for. I get that you can use the product for a 360 degree background , I think, but I was wondering if Movie Maker comes with interior scene versions. In particular I am trying to put together a Jazz Club scene. I have attempted to use just a regular HDRI of a club interior but trying to get the camera placement after importing the Jazz Club environment map proves to be impossible. Do you have any night club or concert interior products that can be used for animation?

kwannie said:

Hi Val,

I just discovered Movie Maker and have had a struggle understanding exactly what different things it could be used for. I get that you can use the product for a 360 degree background , I think, but I was wondering if Movie Maker comes with interior scene versions. In particular I am trying to put together a Jazz Club scene. I have attempted to use just a regular HDRI of a club interior but trying to get the camera placement after importing the Jazz Club environment map proves to be impossible. Do you have any night club or concert interior products that can be used for animation?

Hey Kwaniie, I don't have any interior or night club versions yet, but a night version of the city is rendering as we speak... ;)

Thanks Val,

Are there interiors in any of your Movie Maker Iray products. I am also interested if you have any cameras that can be used with an interior HDRI that I create myself. I tried to create a Theater Stage HDRI but I cannot get the scaling to work right in DAZ. I heard that there are some HDRI products that come with cameras that can be optimized for other HDRI's. I purchased your animation tricks product that talked about getting movement with the backgroud which I prefer since I use MMD conversions to animate in DAZ. I can't seem to get any club or concert stage scenes to work right with HDRI or backgrounds though. Hoping Movie Maker will come to the rescue.

• Is there a way I can make my own HDRI map? Like an indoor scene or out door, to help my render time faster, our do I have to always use the ones you made?

Val,

I guess I was ambiguous in my question because what I am wanting to know is whether or not Movie Maker can be adapted to do interior scenes. I saw your tutorial available on making or own background planes to use with Movie Maker but I think that was for 3Dlight wasn't it? I do use Iray.

• Thank you so much for doing the nighttime city set! :D I was just thinking yesterday about how much I wanted HDRIs like these. 

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Val, the Metropolis Night set doesn't have any install options other than DAZ Central, which i won't go near. Any other ways to get the package? I'd hate to do a refund. I love the other Metropolis sets.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 482

I bought and downloaded Metropolis Night this morning.  When I installed it using Daz Install Manager, it shows up in DIM as installed but Daz showed it as uninstalled.   I uninstalled via DIM and installed via Daz Connect (ugh!) and it now shows as installed in Daz but now the files for Metropolis Night are on my internal D drive while the files for Metropolis Day are on my external G drive.  DIM installed the Metropolis Night files to the same directory where Metropolis Day is installed yet Daz saw Metropolis Day as installed but Metropolis Night as uninstalled.  After the instal with Connect, I had to categorize all of the files because they were in the Lost and Found.  Any advice?