[Released] Movie Maker Iray - Official - Images / Animations [Commercial]

DreamlightDreamlight Posts: 348
edited February 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hey guys,

Post your renders / animations, questions / suggestions / feedback here!

I'm very happy to release the new Movie Maker Iray, with Metropolis Day out now, and other sets coming real soon!
Ask any questions regarding the Movie Maker Iray in this thread, or if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears! :)

I appreciate you all!

/Val

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• DreamlightDreamlight Posts: 348
    edited February 2020

Preview of an upcoming set... Metropolis Overcast, compatible with After Rain 2 (the day version is compatible too):

Post edited by Dreamlight on
    edited February 2020

Preview of an upcoming set: Metropolis Sunset...

• absolutely awesome product.

• absolutely awesome product.

Thank you so much!

• Great work.

• Thanks Jefferson, I appreciate your feedback!

• So, it looks like you've used one of Stonemason's urban sets, lit it, rendered it and converted that render into an HDRI (and then repeated the process 49 times).

Do you have a tutorial showing how to do that? It looks like a really powerful technique.

• So, it looks like you've used one of Stonemason's urban sets, lit it, rendered it and converted that render into an HDRI (and then repeated the process 49 times).

Do you have a tutorial showing how to do that? It looks like a really powerful technique.

Hey Chris, thank you and yes, something like that, but no, not using any DAZ or Stonemason props... ;) Basically, you can render using a spherical camera in DAZ Studio, but that does not create an actual HDRI map. It requires some additional work in Photoshop for each of the images. Yes, I do have a tutorial on how to create your own HDRI maps using DAZ Studio here: https://www.daz3d.com/use-free-photos-as-iray-hdri-and-backgrounds

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288
    edited February 2020

Hey Val:

So what's the cool car you used in the Overcast set?

I bought the Metropolis Day set. Very cool!

Post edited by RLSprouse on
    edited February 2020

Hey Val:

Thank you for your support! Ahhh, that 40s car... Can't recall off the bat, will check in the scene later!

• Hey Val:

Thank you for your support! Ahhh, that 40s car... Can't recall off the bat, will check in the scene later!

It's the Honour And Pride V8 Roadster... 

• Preview of an upcoming set!

• Hello,

I bought the Product "50 HDRIs - Movie Maker Iray - Metropolis Sunset"

Is it a standalone product or do I need the "Movie Maker Iray Meropolis Day"?

If I Select the "Metropolis Sunset 01 PreLoad ALL" there are only the Cameras loaded into the Scene.

Thanks for Info.

Michael

• M_Findt said:

Hello,

I bought the Product "50 HDRIs - Movie Maker Iray - Metropolis Sunset"

Is it a standalone product or do I need the "Movie Maker Iray Meropolis Day"?

If I Select the "Metropolis Sunset 01 PreLoad ALL" there are only the Cameras loaded into the Scene.

Thanks for Info.

Michael

Hey Michael, thank you for your support. Each Movie Maker Iray set is 100% stand-alone. You can find the control icons in Light Presets -> Dreamlight -> Iray -> Movie Maker Iray -> Metropolis Sunset

• Hello and thanks for fast answer.

I found the presets but there is no HDRI Picture if click on render.

What is my mistake?

Thanks Michael

Movie_maker_1.PNG
    407 x 559 - 129K
  • Sorry, I found my mistake

• Its all ok, thank you

• M_Findt said:

Its all ok, thank you

Awesome! :)

• Good work DL, I just picked up The Day and Overcast sets.

• Good work DL, I just picked up The Day and Overcast sets.

Hey Chad, thanks a bunch, I hope you'll enjoy the sets!

• mavantemavante Posts: 734

Each Movie Maker Iray set is 100% stand-alone. You can find the control icons in Light Presets -> Dreamlight -> Iray -> Movie Maker Iray -> Metropolis Sunset

I thought the "Movie Maker"-named HDRI products required the basic Movie Maker product to host or use them:

Movie Maker DS 4.6 Edition

The videos seem to indicate it is required, which is why I bought that. Are you saying now that Movie Maker (per se) product isn't needed? It's very confusing.

mavante said:

Each Movie Maker Iray set is 100% stand-alone. You can find the control icons in Light Presets -> Dreamlight -> Iray -> Movie Maker Iray -> Metropolis Sunset

I thought the "Movie Maker"-named HDRI products required the basic Movie Maker product to host or use them:

The videos seem to indicate it is required, which is why I bought that. Are you saying now that Movie Maker (per se) product isn't needed? It's very confusing.

Hi there, yes, that's correct. The "older" Movie Maker for DS 4.6 is not required and in fact, will not work with the new Movie Maker Iray.

mavante said:

Hi there, yes, that's correct. The "older" Movie Maker for DS 4.6 is not required and in fact, will not work with the new Movie Maker Iray.

Okay. So what does the "older" Movie Maker for DS 4.6 work with? Anything?

Or have I just flushed away what I paid for it last month?

mavante said:
    mavante said:

Hi there, it's made for DAZ Studio 4.6, and it still works with that version using the 3Delight render engine. Please ask for a refund regarding that older software if you cannot use it. As for extra info to avoid this confusion, I've asked DAZ to add it to the product pages for the Movie Maker Iray series, but it's taking some time to implement...

mavante said:
    mavante said:

Hi there, it's made for DAZ Studio 4.6, and it still works with that version using the 3Delight render engine. Please ask for a refund regarding that older software if you cannot use it. 

Thanks for the explanation. For info, the product page says: "Compatible Sofware: DAZ Studio 4.12," and there is nothing on the page that explains that it does not support the iRay versions. I'm about five days past the 30-day window for a refund. I'll ask if I can get special dispensation given the ambiguity in the marketing info.

I'm glad to hear that you've asked Daz to correct the product page or pages. It is ambiguous to the point of being misleading that all of the products carry the branding "Movie Maker," even though there are incompatibilities. This should be spelled out clearly and unambiguously for every one of the products with that name.

I have another, related question: Are the "old" 3Delight scenes that were used in the original Movie Maker product being re-created as iRay HDRIs? Or have some or all of them already been?

I know you're busy, but it would be a great help if you could provide a one-location list/rundown of the Movie Maker products that are/are not available in iRay HDRI versions, and the ones that do/do not require the "Movie Maker for DS 4.6." Thanks for your help.

mavante said:
    mavante said:
    mavante said:

Hi there, it's made for DAZ Studio 4.6, and it still works with that version using the 3Delight render engine. Please ask for a refund regarding that older software if you cannot use it. 

Thanks for the explanation. For info, the product page says: "Compatible Sofware: DAZ Studio 4.12," and there is nothing on the page that explains that it does not support the iRay versions. I'm about five days past the 30-day window for a refund. I'll ask if I can get special dispensation given the ambiguity in the marketing info.

I'm glad to hear that you've asked Daz to correct the product page or pages. It is ambiguous to the point of being misleading that all of the products carry the branding "Movie Maker," even though there are incompatibilities. This should be spelled out clearly and unambiguously for every one of the products with that name.

Yes, I've been asking for the last few weeks actually, so I'm quite surprised it's not there as of yet... I've just emailed them again... ;)

mavante said:

I have another, related question: Are the "old" 3Delight scenes that were used in the original Movie Maker product being re-created as iRay HDRIs? Or have some or all of them already been?

I know you're busy, but it would be a great help if you could provide a one-location list/rundown of the Movie Maker products that are/are not available in iRay HDRI versions, and the ones that do/do not require the "Movie Maker for DS 4.6." Thanks for your help.

Hey, it's quite simple: When it says Movie Maker Iray, it's for Iray, and each of the new Iray sets are 100% stand-alone, they do not require any "control" software. if it does not say Iray, it's not for Iray... However, I do understand the confusion. I may convert the older ones for Iray, I'll look into the possibility...

edited March 2020

Thank you again. I think they are all revolutionary products for animators. I enthusiastically look forward to there being more iRay versions. 

Post edited by mavante on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Apologies if I've missed this, but do you have any plans to do a metropolis nighttime scene? I don't animate, but I'm always looking for more city HDRIs!