It's Raining Men has Announced the Winners! Check Out Who Won for Carrara

Hi everyone! I made the winners announcement over in the Art Studio. Go check it out to see who won the Carrara category:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5312231/#Comment_5312231

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

Wow! I am truly honored! Thank you! 

Hey Knittingmommy, you run a slick show! Very cool! Thank you for all you've done!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

Congratulations, Dart.  Terrific image.  We do really need a hero!

smiley

Congrats to Stezza as well!

I thought there was some really cool Carrara renders in there. I'm lucky to have squeeked this by!

• Congratulations yes

Congrats to Stezza as well!

+1

• Congrats @Dartanbeck and @StezzaKarara! There were some awesome Carrara entries this year. You guys did good. :)

• Congratulations to Dart and Stezza.  And also to Knittingmommy for organizing such a powerful contest!

Several of the winners were ones that I voted for (I had "Pops" in second place) so it was nice to see that as well.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Congratulations!!!yes

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

keeping the Carrara dreams alive

congrats everyone yes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,699

Congrats to Dart & Stezza, was a tough vote !!!

Big thank-you to Knittymommy for all your work !!

edited February 2020

Thanks! After looking again, I'm even more honored to see what we were all up against/with. What a great art gallery!

It's Raining Men 2019 Gallery of Entries

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited February 2020

Hmmm... I'm wondering if I should buy a lotto ticket.

The same day that the winners for this contest were announced, I was also notified by HitFilm that my name was chosen to from the srvey they've recently ran! I just got my prize today (gift card for Amazon), so I ordered both of the Carrara Handbooks by Mike De La Flor. Always wanted to check those out.

Carrara 3 Handbook was only available Used, which is fine. The store selling it to me says it's in great condition.

I'm happy to have found a brand new copy of the Carrara 5 Handbook, so that's coming too. Kind of excited about this!

Spent the rest (most of it, actually!) on Rosie's heart wishlist! :)

As for this contest, I really scored!!! Vyusur was kind enough to donate a selection from her store and our beloved fallen friend wdgjohn donated a $20 gift certificate

I was always hesitant to get those books since they're from Carrara Studio 3 and Carrara 5 Pro. I knew I would find some fun, but wasn't that familiar with either version so I had no clue what sort of changes have been made.

Since reading a bunch of the 3dXtract e-zine (download link now broken sad), I realize now how very similar everything is still - but I also love seeing how different Carrara 3 was to folks all excited to be trying out all of its new features! 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Nice job Dart, congrats!!

edited February 2020

Thanks! 

Say, I was just perusing (waiting for render) the web for more info on the books I have coming, and found a link to Eovia Carrara Community (hmmm... says "! Site Not Secure"), which is still up and has a few working links and a nice gallery! Haven't explored the site fully yet, but scrolling down the landing page linked to above, the Tutorials link leads to an online course by Mark Bremmer on Carrara 6 Pro. Looks like a really full course too. I'm gonna buy it when I can. I wonder if I can get my hands on any of his later ones? 

Here's just one of many images from the gallery at the Eovia Carrara Community site (hmmm... says "! Site Not Secure")

Cyber City, by Hermes Maheu

Thanks, Dart.  I was completely unaware of that Eovia site (or maybe forgot).  Lots of great stuff.

Diomede said:

Thanks, Dart.  I was completely unaware of that Eovia site (or maybe forgot).  Lots of great stuff.

Yeah... browsing around I realize that I just haven't been there in a long time is all. I probably have a link to it somewhere(else) in here! LOL

...but, you're welcome! I love it when I can pass along fun stuff!

At the top of the page is a "tutorials" link which has the older original PhilW video links. I mean... Infinite Skills is (unfortunately) gone now, but it's cool seeing the links. But I also noticed links to Eric's cool tutorials at DCG. I'm well aware of those tutorials and where to find them, but clicking to see if that's what they were inspired me to browse them a bit. Cool stuff! Looks like a lot of fun to be had there! I even followed the link to TheBest3d (one of the homes of Project Dogwaffle), who has a Carrara page and still have the page where they used to be giving away free copies of The Carrara Studio 3 Handbook that I had just bought. The cool part is that it's the best run down of what's in the book (and on the CD - I hope mine comes with one!) that I've seen.