Fastest way to get a feeling for a rendered animation

Playing the animation I have set up in the timeline is a little nightmare, it's not fluid even in wireframe mode. So I use to export the entire animation with about 30 iterations in iray to watch the thing in fulltime. However, this still takes depending on the length of an animation 1 - 2 or even more hours. 

How can I get a feeling for the animation and the pacing faster?

Comments

• MunemanMuneman Posts: 219

Playing the animation I have set up in the timeline is a little nightmare, it's not fluid even in wireframe mode. So I use to export the entire animation with about 30 iterations in iray to watch the thing in fulltime. However, this still takes depending on the length of an animation 1 - 2 or even more hours. 

How can I get a feeling for the animation and the pacing faster?

I haven't done animation, but I would assume that stripping out all textures from the scene ought to speed things up considerably. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,921

you could render in openGL

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited January 2020

There is no real time animation rendering for daz studioI am afraid. like some of the gaming engines have.  The best you can do is scene test renders with opengl

But you can speed up your renders times greatly .  You can remove all normal maps from your scene characters and props etc .. they are not needed for animation,  the moving around by the camera or props and characters during the animation those details you would get with normal maps are not even notice so remove the normal maps  first to reduce your resouces used. 

, then The #`1 thing you can do reduce your iterations down to like 20 to 25 instead of 5000  that will bring your render times down to about 15 seconds a frame. I usually start around 20 and bump it up 5 iterations at a time until i am happy with the result

The one huge thing about rendering animation. you have to have patients no way around it and no matter what the software you use even gaming engines take time to render animation so patients is the key .So I usually set my scene to render &  go do something else in the mean time, if you have 2 computers you can start building on another scene while the first one renders . you can go clean your house , take a nap, go shopping. haha  j/k

it just take a time to render animation there is no short cuts sorry .. But seriously try reducing your iterations in your render settings  to around 20 to 25 and start with that with daz 4.12  you can set your iterations that low if your scene is not to massive

Post edited by Ivy on
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

to get a feeling use opengl like wendy already said

a second per frame i think it will last

• FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

Reduce size of images/frames should speed things up a bit.