How to prevent shirt from sliding down in dForce simulation animation?

Hi All,

I'm working on an animation and am dealing with a bit of an issue with dForce simulation. The character's shirt keeps sliding down in the animation sequence while running dForce simulation. Aside from increasing the shirt's friction (not very effective), is there a way to prevent it from sliding during the dForce simulation?

Comments

• You could stick a couple of primitives through it, parented to the figure's adjacent bones, while running the simulation or you could assign an influence weight map and set some areas to 0 weight - select the shirt, Create>New dForce Weight Access Node, bring up the Tool Settings pane, select Influence Weights (if it's not already there) from the drop down button and click Add, then hold down the Alt key to paint the areas you want to stay put.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

let it just slide down

why preventing

and do not forget to bring an "oops" sound 

• felisfelis Posts: 3,657
    edited January 2020

You could also set contradiction-expansion to a value lower than 100, e.g. 90.

Post edited by felis on
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,657
    edited January 2020

double

Post edited by felis on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

You could also try to adjust gravity from the default 1 to a lower level (even down to 0.1) but that will affect everything being simulated. Richard's suggestion of the weight map is the one I would use.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
    edited January 2020

If the shirt has multiple material zones, you can set dynamics to zero for one material zone and it will continue to behave like a conforming garment.  Use the surfaces tab.  Check to see if there is a material zone for a collar or similar.  (EDIT: that way the sleeves and torso can still behave like DForce without the top falling down.)  For example, if materials are assigned conveniently, I like to have the waistband of a skirt remain conforming (in surfaces tab, set dynamics to zero) while the skirt fabric is influenced by DForce.  Very similar to what Richard is suggesting.

Post edited by Diomede on