How long to get a ticket answered?

Not really done this before, but registered a ticket for a 'corrupted archive' error.

That was a month ago.

No update, no progress, nothing. Tried redownloading the file - still borked. Used WinRAR and 7zip so it's the archive, not me.

How long does DAZ usually take on these things?

Thanks!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

A tech help type ticket will obviously take longer than a simple customer service ticket.

DiD you get an automated response to your ticket?  

• Hi. - I always get an acknowlegement of my query and then always get a pretty prompt response, maybe 2or3 days. I do however know that admin has been experiencing a few problems of late. I am in Europe which makes for a 5/6 hour delay with US plus there will be others waiting for a response also. Totaly agree however that a month is stretching it a bit. Take care and good Dazzing.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

I just got a response to a ticked submitted in December so I guess still around one month backlog.

• Update: I received the automated replies, 1 'we're busy, it's Christmas', and finally 1 'we'll get back when it's fixed'. So a month and counting on a broken archive in a released product. Quality testing, anyone.

Do you know how to add feedback etc to your ticket?

Go through as though you are going to submit another ticket,  instead go to top right hand corner,  make sure you are signed in by clicking the box where it say "sign in"   then click it again and you will see "My activities"   so click that and you will see things there, like "My requests"   clicking on that will give you the status of your ticket,

• Chohole said:

Go through as though you are going to submit another ticket,  instead go to top right hand corner,  make sure you are signed in by clicking the box where it say "sign in"   then click it again and you will see "My activities"   so click that and you will see things there, like "My requests"   clicking on that will give you the status of your ticket,

Thanks. Says 'open' so we'll see how long to get it resolved...

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

It seems to be taking longer. I submitted a Technical Help ticket on January 23. I did get an automated response. It's now January 29. No one has contacted me. In the past, I'd usually get a response in two business days.

• Ticket response time is completely intolerable.

They gladly take my money but do nothing to help with technical problems that DAZ is responsible for.

Tech support problems always take longer because they have first got to reliably duplicate the problem, and then work to correct it.

Chohole said:

• FWIW the problem - archive is broken - has apparently been replicated, it has now been referred to 'bug tracker' and now awaiting a fix to the uploaded archive. Maybe test archive first before uploading? Over a month to replace a bad upload is slooow.

• Finally the archive has been fixed. A calendar month. Wow.